TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
strummer

WWE SmackDown - September 19, 2008

Rajah:

Dark Match:

* Johnny Curtis b. Armando Estrada

- Curtis got the win with a top rope clothes line.

SmackDown: (Airing Friday)

* WWE Divas Champion Michelle McCool b. Maryse

- Maryse gets a lot of heat. McCool got the win after hitting a tiger driver.

* Vickie is shown backstage with Big Show. Eve comes in and asks if The Undertaker is in the building.

* A Big Show/Undertaker video from Unforgiven is shown.

* Ryan Braddock b. Festus

- The match ended in disqualification after Jesse came into the ring with duct tape and bubble wrap. They wrap up Braddock and carry him to the back.

* Back to Vickie and Big Show laughing about The Undertaker. Vickie says she will make him apologize if he shows up tonight.

* Carlito's Cabana returns tonight.

* R-Truth b. Shelton Benjamin

- R-Truth enters through the crowd. He gets the win with a roll-up pinfall. Lots of heat on Shelton.

* Jeff Hardy b. Brian Kendrick

- Prior to the match, Hardy cuts a promo and says that Triple H fired him up last week. Kendrick hit the ring for their match in which he lost. Hardy got knocked out by Vladimir Kozlov at the top of the ramp after the match.

* Carlito's Cabana is up next with Carlito and Primo Colon . Zack Ryder and Curt Hawkins come out. It is announced that Carlito and Primo will get a WWE Tag Team Championship shot on next week's show. Ryder and Hawkins jump the Colons as Jesse and Festus come out for the save.

* Bre Bella and Maria are shown backstage talking about making their outfits the same. Victoria and Natalya nurst in talking about Bre's secret. They promise to get to the bottom of it next week in a divas match.

* The Great Khali b. Scotty Goldman in a squash match.

* The Great Khali vs. Vladimir Kozlov is announced for next week.

* Chavo is shown in Vickie's office with Bam Neely, Zack Ryder, and Curt Hawkins. Footage is shown of The Undertaker and then the TV messes up. The Undertaker grabs Chavo's throat.

* Triple H b. MVP

- Triple H got the win via pinfall after hitting a pedigree. After the match Vladimir Kozlov attacks Triple H and SmackDown goes off the air.

I was at the show tonight, and I'm sure there was more to the Big Show/ Undertaker backstage stuff, but because the dark main event was Big Show vs Undertaker, the live crowd didn't see what happened.

BTW Undertaker won by countout after La Familia interfered and they all got beat up.

The results from this weeks show and what I saw from last week's Smackdown makes me a little more inspired for this brand upcoming here. They're actually doing something with Kozlov finally (and v Khali next week sounds wild), I like the Colon brothers team, Truth goes over Benjamin (I would imagine those two will likely gel together well in an upcoming program), and Hardy may have a chance to get over here, that is if he isn't royally buried at the ppv.

Of course there is bad stuff too, such as this uninteresting Show/Taker feud with the Vicki nonsense, HHH just being his old "old habits die hard" self by consistently having to devalue future stars (such as here, why does MVP need to job out to him again after Unforgiven?), and Festus and Jesse as "movers" (I suppose to promote the move to Network TV?) but to me, right now the good outweighs the bad.

Cabana should just ask for his release, he's going nowhere.

Except for big pay checks.

Hold on a second.

What happened to Primo Colon being on RAW? I thought Mike Adamle signed Primo to a RAW contract.

How can you complain about anything when Khali vs. Kozlov has been booked for next week?

You spoiled bitch!

I should add that these current paychecks that he is collecting will soon make up for the money he lost out on for over a year when he had to work exclusively for WWE developmental.

Not really. Lower-tier WWE stars don't make that much money, especially when you factor in travel costs, taxes and paying for health insurance.

What happened to Primo Colon being on RAW? I thought Mike Adamle signed Primo to a RAW contract.

Everyone went over this last week, JN News. Another reason for you to hope Vince dies penniless!

oh shit

Khali/Vlad will be one for the ages

I love to see 2 heels face each other but with these 2, both are monsters who no sell death.

Goldman is a jobber, but jobbers can have long careers. Obviously the wwe likes how he sells - which is a good thing I guess. Being on television is better than not being on television because it's certain exposure, and I think Colt could actually catch on with the fans in spite of being squashed.

Braddock wrapped up by Jesse and Festus? I guess if this leads to a Dykstra/Braddock tag team I can live with this silliness.

Goldman is a jobber, but jobbers can have long careers.

I hope not. When they debuted him with a promo I held out a little hope that they'd actually do something with him, at the very least let him be a comedy lower mid-level guy for a while who could provide a little entertainment. I don't expect him to win every week. I don't even expect them to push him. But if his career is going to consist of putting over people like Koslov and Khali, I'd rather they future endeavour him so I can get back to watching Colt Cabana wrestle without wasting his damn time in the process, guaranteed contract be damned.

* The Great Khali vs. Vladimir Kozlov is announced for next week.

Ooh, gee, listen, something came and I'm... turns out I'm very suddenly busy that week. And during every repeat showing. Sorry WWE.

I'd suggest relaxing about Colt Cabana, he's only been on the roster for a good 3 or 4 shows total......this doesn't mean he's buried for life just because he's putting over a few monster heels.

And fuck ya'll, Kozlov-Khali has train wreck so bad its gotta be entertaining, all over it.

I'd suggest relaxing about Colt Cabana, he's only been on the roster for a good 3 or 4 shows total......this doesn't mean he's buried for life just because he's putting over a few monster heels

Colin Delaney.

I'd suggest relaxing about Colt Cabana, he's only been on the roster for a good 3 or 4 shows total......this doesn't mean he's buried for life just because he's putting over a few monster heels

Colin Delaney.

I'm not even following that comparison whatsoever.

This is what happens when the Scotties, Stevies, Delaneys, and Shannons of the world get fired.

I believe if they had anything for him that he wouldn't be doing this. If he were putting up a fight in ANY of his matches I would say that not all would be lost, but he's basically being squashed throughout, the match with Kendrick aside, and even then he didn't get much. With WWE's braintrust at the helm, wait too long to give him some credibility and he'll never be able to wash the stink off. And frankly, his talents deserve better than being this generation's Barry Horowitz. I'm not saying he has to be a main eventer, not by a long shot, since that's unrealistic, but surely there must be something that's better than what he's doing now and would give him the opportunity to show off what he can do.

I'm not even following that comparison whatsoever.

He was also used as a punching bag and only won 6 times I think during his whole WWE run.

I'm still not seeing how it's fair to compare Cabana's run, after 3 or 4 matches total, to Delaneys. Cabana has far more charisma, pure in ring talent, mic skills, etc, etc, ETC. Plus he wasn't started and limited to the ECW brand, at least he's on Smackdown, where there is more "exposure factor" in the big scheme of things.

Like I said, just because a guy starts off the gate as a jobber here, does not necessarily mean he's stuck there for life, or even stuck there by next month. We all know WWE is famous for "earning your spot" - give it time, at least another month or so to see where they go with him.

In a perfect world, they would give him that first win whenever, and then by next match, he would cut a promo stating his real name is Colt Cabana and then just play into that gimmick more. Hell, I'd even be down with them putting a mask on him and doing that Matt Classic gimmick he did in WSX.

Hold on a second.

We're still waiting for that explanation, but I doubt we'll get one.