TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
strummer

WWE SmackDown - September 19, 2008

I'm still not seeing how it's fair to compare Cabana's run, after 3 or 4 matches total, to Delaneys. Cabana has far more charisma, pure in ring talent, mic skills, etc, etc, ETC. Plus he wasn't started and limited to the ECW brand, at least he's on Smackdown, where there is more "exposure factor" in the big scheme of things.

So what? Charisma? It's hard to get that across while being squashed. Pure in ring talent? What pure in ring talent has he been allowed to show besides how to sell a headbutt to the sternum? Mic skills he's been able to use precisely once so far. It's all very well us saying he has these things, but if he's not using them then what's the point?

Like I said, just because a guy starts off the gate as a jobber here, does not necessarily mean he's stuck there for life, or even stuck there by next month. We all know WWE is famous for "earning your spot" - give it time, at least another month or so to see where they go with him.

What!? You mean like with Koslov? Or Jack Swagger? Or Ricky Ortiz? Or Primo? Or R-Truth? Or CM Punk? Face it, 'earning your spot' has nothing to do with win-loss records. If WWE's got any faith in you you'll debut with wins right out of the box. And I guess they have other ideas about Cabana.

Don't see anything in the results, but on Gregory Helms myspace, he's stated that his return to television is 9-19-08, tonight. Guess that means we're going to see a promotional video or something similar. And he's scheduled to return soon which is nice since he's always been a favorite of mine.

Following their surprise attack on Undertaker at Unforgiven, SmackDown General Manager Vickie Guerrero and Big Show emerged together to explain their actions as well as to make a startling announcement to the WWE Universe. (WATCH) | (PHOTOS)

The dubious duo announced a powerful new business alliance between them, explaining that its primary focus will be to make SmackDown into what Guerrero wishes it to be – and for The World’s Largest Athlete to “get the WWE Championship around his waist” — by forcing The Phenom to give the General Manager the apology she has demanded. But, how will this shocking business union change Friday nights? And what will The Deadman’s response be to this new threat?

WWE Champion Triple H watched as Jeff Hardy became No. 1 contender to his title last week, but The Game will stand toe-to-toe on SmackDown with another Superstar who feels it is his destiny to be a World Champion - Montel Vontavious Porter. Can MVP show that his words are more than just talk when he steps into the ring with Triple H?

Jeff Hardy may have won the Fatal Four Way Match over United States Champion Shelton Benjamin, Montel Vontavious Porter and The Brian Kendrick — earning him the chance to face WWE Champion Triple H at No Mercy. After the match, Hardy was attacked by the competition hungry Vladimir Kozlov. (WATCH) | (PHOTOS) On SmackDown, Hardy faces another hungry challenge when he goes one-on-one with The Brian Kendrick. Will Hardy be able to keep his focus on Kendrick or will the high-flying Legend Thriller find himself distracted?

In a bizarre turn of events, Festus & Jesse executed a first-class package job to Kenny Dykstra, before wheeling the furious Superstar away on a hand truck. (PHOTOS) Is it possible that these two wacky country boys have “Fed-Ex’d” the outspoken Dykstra out of WWE?

The ecstatic brothers Carlito & Primo celebrated their sibling allegiance with a non-title victory over WWE Tag Team Champions Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder. (PHOTOS) Will it be long before they get a chance at bringing home the gold?

Find out the answers to these questions and more on SmackDown, Friday night at 8/7 CT on The CW Network.

I have no idea why they debuted guys like Cabana and Braddock on SD. Let's face it, more than any other show Smackdown is a complete dead end. There's almost no chance of ever being elevated to the main event, so that clogs the US title division. Thus a lot of undercard guys can't even get to the US level.

These guys should have debuted on ECW. In fact I'm still puzzled as to why they didn't debut Colt when Punk was still on ECW to team them for a while and give him a rub.

I find it amusing that Big Show had the TV in his room all set to show the epic video package of his Taker beatdown with the click of a button, just in case he wanted to show it to anyone.

I would have thought Killings would have gotten a better response than this, since this was sort of the crowd that made his career, being in Nashville and all.

EDIT: N/M, he got a good pop for winning...

EDIT 2: HELMS SIGHTING!

UT thing was pretty damn lame, IMO.

As is the first person view....if that was supposed to be from 1st person, why was Taker's right hand to the left of him?

Whatever happened to some credible camera angles? Is there an UndertakerCam??

I have to also admit, I HATE the WWE Belt. It looks like a large toy version.

Shhhh, you don't question these camera views. Just accept that WWE programming is capable of bringing you into the vision of Undertaker or HHH's baby.

I have to admit the Big Show constantly showing the UT beatdown was some hilarious stuff. They ought to make that a running joke for the next couple of weeks and then drop it so that it doesn't get too played. To be honest UT brought all of this on himself. He should have simply accepted Vickie's initial apology and said "Okay, don't let it happen again...and give me a title shot." That's what Nash would do. :)

I liked Colt getting another little comedy moment this week. At least the E recognises he has some talent in that area and is giving him a shot at it, which is more than your average jobber gets.

The Taker-Vicky feud needs to be wrapped up as soon as possible...it's really played out and just using Big Show instead of Edge isn't freshening it up any.

As for the Helms appearances... "Curt and Jerk"...really? That's the best they could come up with?

As for the Helms appearances... "Curt and Jerk"...really? That's the best they could come up with?

I hope they don't turn him into the mid-card version of Cena with bad jokes.

Shhhh, you don't question these camera views. Just accept that WWE programming is capable of bringing you into the vision of Undertaker or HHH's baby.

Smackdown is the also show that gave us audio from inside Heidenrich's head when he was going insane.

Didn't Raw give us Kane thought bubbles or something similar?

And 1980's announcer era Vince in a mirror

And Carlito running Looney Tunes style into a brick wall

Don't forget, when Randy Orton was feuding with The Undertaker on SD in 2005, we were somehow able to see Randy's hallucination of his dad covered in blood. I think that "tops" them all.

Don't forget, when Randy Orton was feuding with The Undertaker on SD in 2005, we were somehow able to see Randy's hallucination of his dad covered in blood. I think that "tops" them all.

Speaking of Undertaker's special effects, what about "Possessed" Josh Matthews?

Speaking of Undertaker's special effects, what about "Possessed" Josh Matthews?

Good Call. That was from the same show, IIRC.