TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

TNA Impact Spoilers for 9/25

*Jeff Jarrett comes to the ring and says they have signed the greatest acquisition in TNA history and they will be at the Impact Zone next week. Kurt Angle comes out and says he was the one carrying the company while Jeff was gone and he was TNA’s greatest acquisition. Jeff says that he spoke to AJ Styles and got Angle his medal back. Angle says thank you and tells Jarrett to get the hell out of his ring. He starts trash talking Jeff as he walks out. Jeff returns and says that he knows Angle wants him in a match at Bound for Glory and now, he’s going to get him. So, Jarrett vs. Angle is set for the PPV.

*Matt Morgan and Abyss defeated The Rock N’ Rave Infection. Team 3D come out and run down a list of all the titles they’ve held. They issue an open challenge for a tag team Monster’s Ball at Bound for Glory and invite any team that wants to be beaten by 3D to show up. Abyss freaks out when they mention Monster’s Ball.

*Awesome Kong defeated a female who’s name I didn’t catch. Roxxi, disguised as Raeesha Saied, attacked Kong until security broke it up. Saied appeared at the entrance tied up.

*TNA Tag Team champions Beer Money Inc & Jackie Moore defeated LAX & Hector Guerrero. Guerrero is no longer LAX’s manager.

*Sting came to the ring and said that Jeff Jarrett can serve some people, but not him. Sting said that Jeff called Sting to come to TNA at the same time Vince McMahon called him to go to WWE. Sting said he would have gone to WWE for the money but signed with TNA because he liked the brand, until he got to know some of the wrestlers. Sting showed a photo of Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard and said they taught him to have eyes in the back of his head. He showed a picture of Dusty Rhodes and said Dusty taught him not to judge a book by its cover. Sting showed a picture of Hulk Hogan and called him the greatest of all time. He then showed a picture of Ric Flair and talked about how Flair made him a star. He said Flair was a brother and a friend. He showed a picture of Samoa Joe and said it was a picture of someone who doesn’t know how to be world champion. He then showed a picture of himself and said it’s someone who will get the job done at Bound for Glory.

*TNA champion Samoa Joe defeated X-Division champ Sheik Abdul Bashir. Joe tells Sting he is whining about respect and says he has his respect right here, and begins choking out Bashir again.. The referee reverses the decision so Joe loses by DQ.

*Booker T defeated AJ Styles. Christian Cage came to ringside and prevented Sharmell from hitting Styles with a briefcase. Styles and Cage had a miscommunication, which led to Booker shoving Styles into Cage, then nailing him with the case for the win.

WTF... I thought they booked Foley vs. Angle for BFG.

That Foley/Angle tease was stupid to even suggest it, I don't get why they even had to bother doing it that way, instead of having Foley debut via other means? I'm wishing against Foley as special ref in Jarrett/Angle, but wondering if now that is the idea. I'd much rather see Foley in there against someone else in an actual match versus a stupid special ref thing. They might have Abyss and Foley team up against the Dudleys for Monsters Ball, for all I know.

Otherwise, I like the thing they seem to be starting with Roxxi and Kong.....that match they had on the last Impact was pretty good.

Looks like they are pulling the trigger on an LAX breakup as rumored, with Guererro now even not their manager. I'm very skeptical on them breaking them up, thinking its a bad idea.

Seems like Booker v. Christian might be added to BFG, as for AJ Styles, not really sure where they are going with him for that show, perhaps against Frank Trigg in an actual wrestling match?

ARGH. You see, shit like this is why I try to stay as pessimistic as possible about TNA. They did something cool at the last show? Guaranteed to fuck it up on the next one.

At least poor Roxxi is FINALLY getting a push. Kinda. Maybe.

*TNA Tag Team champions Beer Money Inc & Jackie Moore defeated LAX & Hector Guerrero. Guerrero is no longer LAX’s manager.

So, what about that "no man-on-woman violence" rule? Ain't any women in this match for Jackie to pair off with. Though I'd imagine she didn't do much. Such a nice company to stick her back in the ring just a couple days after getting all her front teeth knocked out.

I'm assuming Foley is going to be an enforcer or speical Ref for the match.

Though I don't mind seeing Jarrett vs Angle, might be pretty entertaining.

I like Jarrett.. I don't get why everyone gripes over it. He's part owner (or whatever) of the company.. of course he's going to be in the ME scene. I also fully endorse HHH's politicking to the top as well, but that's neither here nor there. ;)

That said, after reading the spoilers.. I may have to take back what I said about Sting's heel turn. The promo sounds like it may be pretty sweet and establish him as more of a Bret Hart style heel. Here's hoping they tweak the gimmick a bit, though. I think if they took the facepaint off and made him into a biker style bad ass (kind of like UT's Big Evil heel run) that would be kind of cool. I think that fans want to be behind Sting when they see either of his facepainted gimmicks, regardless of who he's against.

ARGH. You see, shit like this is why I try to stay as pessimistic as possible about TNA. They did something cool at the last show? Guaranteed to fuck it up on the next one.

At least poor Roxxi is FINALLY getting a push. Kinda. Maybe.

So, what about that "no man-on-woman violence" rule? Ain't any women in this match for Jackie to pair off with. Though I'd imagine she didn't do much. Such a nice company to stick her back in the ring just a couple days after getting all her front teeth knocked out.

Watching IMPACT! right now (big surprise huh?) and they explain this situation. Hector and Jackie are brought into Cornette's office and Traci, being the Knockout authority says that since Jackie wants to play with the big boys, she's going to be in a match "next week" with Beer Money against LAX and Hector, and the loser loses their manager. I guess this is going to lead up to LAX vs BM one more time at the PPV where it will be Title vs. Team and this is where they will break up LAX. At least it won't be a tag team that turns on each other. Homicide can go after the X-Division title (although I, being a 'Cide mark for about 8 years) would love to see him with the World Title, and Hernandez will go for the World Title.

Sting came to the ring and said that Jeff Jarrett can serve some people, but not him. Sting said that Jeff called Sting to come to TNA at the same time Vince McMahon called him to go to WWE. Sting said he would have gone to WWE for the money but signed with TNA because he liked the brand, until he got to know some of the wrestlers. Sting showed a photo of Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard and said they taught him to have eyes in the back of his head. He showed a picture of Dusty Rhodes and said Dusty taught him not to judge a book by its cover. Sting showed a picture of Hulk Hogan and called him the greatest of all time. He then showed a picture of Ric Flair and talked about how Flair made him a star. He said Flair was a brother and a friend. He showed a picture of Samoa Joe and said it was a picture of someone who doesn’t know how to be world champion. He then showed a picture of himself and said it’s someone who will get the job done at Bound for Glory.

Ok, that whole picture bit sounds awesome.

Yeah cause Sting IS a guy who knows how to be a world champion? I can't think of one single decent run with a title he's ever had. Closest thing is maybe his 1992 run where he beat Luger and later lost to Vader.

Roxxi appears to be in line for a push finally after the Rough Cut video this past week that will be continued next week and also the confrontation with Kong. It's about time she got a push anyway.

I went to my very first TNA show and I was at Wednesdays Impact Taping which is weird cus it had the Sting interview, and the last 2 matches....but not the 2 matches beforhand, they must have been taped on Tuesday. I was just glad I got to see Sting live finally.

I was just thinking the other day that an easy way to make Sting's heel turn flow a bit better would be for him to go without the paint and change the attire a bit. Maybe go to long black tights with a white scorpion. If he doesn't want to get rid of the paint even changing it up might work.

The crowd reactions at BFG should be interesting.

Angle's gonna get booed because people are conditioned to boo him.

Jarrett should get cheered coming off of that promo...and being in there with Angle.

Sting should get cheered since people like Sting and he hasn't wrestled in Chicago in...god knows how long.

Joe should get cheered because Chicago is an RoH town and people generally cheer Joe.

It depends on what kind of match they work...but I'd guess the crowd would turn on Joe first.

Yeah but Angle/Michaels was in Los Angeles, though I guess Chicago could have enjoyed that match as well.

What I meant by Sting is that sure he's had about 10 title runs over the years but were any of them worth a crap? His first run sucked and didn't draw as he was feuding with the Black Scorpion. The 2nd was decent since he beat Luger in Feb. 1992 and lost to Vader in July. He won titles after that but most were brief little runs that were of little note.

I am going against popular opinion with this: I don't think it's a bad idea to separate LAX for a while. Let's face it, there's only so many times guys can win the tag belts without being stale. So why not see what these guys can do in singles action? They can still be friends, just not tag partners for now. Homicide could do some quality work in the X Division, which needs some new blood. And Hernandez? He could be a threat to Samoa Joe if booked properly in the world title division. It's not like these guys have zero potential to be singles stars.

IIRC, Mania 22 was in Chicago. In that one, the crowd maniacally cheered for Angle, even to the point of booing Rey Misterio and clearly preferring Kurt in that match. Wasn't he a heel then? Angle's turned so damn many times I have difficulty remembering.

Oh...that's right. Chicago is one of the cities that treats Kurt as straight legit.

That'll make the whole thing even more interesting.

And they aren't in the south...where Jarrett has a better chance of connecting.

I hope Jarrett does get cheered though. It'll all be interseting. Angle is obviously better than Jarrett. Did Jarrett do enough to turn the crowd to his favor? I think he did. But time will tell.

No matter where this goes, I must say, that was one of the best promos that Sing has done in his entire career. I've actually gotta give TNA credit for that one, good job on that segment for sure.

Yeah this whole scenario is starting to actually take shape and make more sense. Quite an enjoyable show in fact. I enjoy that old school style of booking with a heel constantly talking shit about a face (and even his family) to goad him into fighting. Reminds me of the SMW stuff in Foley's book where Terry Funk ranted about Bob Armstrong's whole family until the finale of "Your mistress is a whore!"

Now that I think about WM 22 in Chicago, was there anyone on that PPV who got the actual desired reaction? Cena was booed out of the building, Rey was booed out of the building, HHH was more or less cheered, Angle was mostly cheered (though he seemed more tweener than outright heel...Orton was the heel in that match). Even Trish was booed in the match with Mickie James. I guess HBK was cheered but he was facing Vince, and RVD got a big pop for winning MITB.

These are some of the best promos I've ever seen from Sting, and Samoa Joe seems to be upping his game a bit as well in the promo department. I'm hoping Joe and Sting can deliver in the match.

I think they will have a nice little match.

I was suprised last year when Sting and Angle had a better match than I would have thought...until the shittacular ending. I like the fire Sting has had lately...so he must be into the storyline. Hopefully he carries that into the match.

Sting is on absolute fire with his promos since this angle started.

You didn't see the promo that opened the PPV then? It was horrible. He gets in the ring, says a few lines and then stops because he forgets what he's supposed to say. They fans started to boo him.

This is only the 3rd PPV that I'm going to be missing, and it's the biggest of the year. Looks like I'll have to DVR the show, or catch it on replay.

I never watch TNA but follow it, saw a little last night. Sting's promo was great, Joe's promo was real good. The abyss shit was gay and the rest was forgettable. Nice to see the announcers are still awful too.

I caught about a half hour of TNA last night. Sting's promo was just as good as everyone has said. I got a chuckle out of the crowd chanting OVER-RATED towards the picture of Hulk Hogan. Joe's been in TNA for what, 3 years now? The majority here on the boards say he's amazing, but I still don't see it. I just don't get the love for the guy. Booker vs AJ was OK, until the lame ending.