TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

TNA Impact Spoilers for 9/25

Yeah, that was comedy gold last night, when Sting showed the picture of Hogan, and he started waxing poetic about him, and the crowd booed it! :lol: As for WM 22, was Angle supposed to be a heel in that match? He pretty much seemed like a good guy to me, so him getting cheered was supposed to happen.

No. Angle was supposed to be the heel, but people was mad that Rey used Eddie's death to get over, which wasn't his fault. They also knew Mysterio was about to win, so that took some excitment from it aswell. It's not like Angle and Orton did their best to make Mysterio look good on top of all that.

At WrestleMania 22, Angle was a face. The crowd could have either cheered Angle or Rey and I don't blame them for choosing Angle. The Eddy tribute push was nauseating.

I actually wouldn't know if Angle was booked as a face or heel the months before WM 22, because I got so sick of the Eddiesploitation shit on Smackdown, that I just stopped watching in Feb. and March. From what I saw in Jan. Angle was booked as a face, and then after WM, he was booked as a face while feuding with Mark Henry, so, thats all I know.

Okay looking back at SD in early 2006 I know for a fact Orton was a total heel scumbag. I know Rey was a face, albeit a complete moron in the booking. Angle seemed much more of a tweener, having been a complete heel on Raw yet not really being especially defined when he went to SD. Since Angle was the best wrestler in the WM match and wasn't involved in the Eddie garbage the crowd largely backed him.

IIRC he had also just beaten Rey clean leading into Mania. So Rey got handed a title shot that he blew to Orton for no reason. Lost to Angle. And then pinned the guy who wasn't champion to win the title.

Given that Rey was just a bitch, Orton was a scumbag, and Angle was playing a straight badass character for one of the few times in his career...who else was the crowd going to get behind?

This crowd was all over the map that night, though. Okay, cheering HHH over Cena wasn't that big a shock (especially given Cena's hallucinatory entrance with an ancient car and OVW guys dressed as gangsters and a live machine gun). But they still gave Cena a MUCH harsher reaction than anyone had prior to that. Furthermore, what the fuck was with cheering Mickie James over Trish Stratus? First time that ever happened, maybe only time. And then in other matches like Shawn vs Vince and Edge vs Foley they'd cheer and boo exactly as marks were supposed to. In the match in question, they cheered Rey when he was on offense against Orton, but they were clearly there to see Angle and he was easily the most popular guy on the show as far as they were concerned.

...this is all making me want to go back and watch that show again. Hopefully an unedited live PPV version where Mickie's, uh, let's say "kitty clawhold" remains intact.

Thing about HBK/Vince is that the crowd had no choice but to root for Michaels since who on earth would root for Vince and the goofy Spirit Squad? Edge/Foley were two guys doing a mega hardcore brawl so the crowd could pop for all the crazy spots. Van Dam got a great reaction for winning MITB on that show.

I thought Mickie got cheered in that match mostly because Trish was booked as one of the dumbest faces ever the months before WrestleMania, and Mickie was something strange and different.

The booking was a little weird, but Mickie was still portrayed as a complete psychopath, a dangerous lunatic with self-delusions and stalker behavior. (If people cheered just because of the lesbian angle, it just proves how homophobic the guys in the audience are; imagine them doing the same storyline with two men.) And I don't remember Mickie ever being cheered like that before Wrestlemania, the crowds usually seemed firmly on Trish's side.

I'm not sure if I totally recall the match, but didn't it start with Trish beating the crap out of Mickie? I think the crowd was supposed to pop for that, but instead they just saw Trish work a heelish beatdown. Then Mickie takes control and did this awesome laugh/scream to a quiet arena that popped the crowd, and they cheered on her offense from there.

Yeah I'm serious. Goldust did similar shit, stalking Razor Ramon and such, and it made him the most controversial heel in the business. Suddenly change it to a woman who's making unwanted advances on someone of the same sex, and it's all cool? That's a pretty hefty double standard.

That it's kinda sexist, maybe? Girls don't get off watching two gay guys cornhole each other like that. Would a mano y mano kiss have made it into the Raw intro video like the Mickie/Trish one did? I admit to finding some lez play just as hot as the next heterosexual dude, but it's one of those things that I don't understand why most guys just think is natural. Like lesbians are supposed to be objectively hot, and male fags aren't. The old "all girls are bi" cliche fits into it too. Feels very much like something a male-dominated culture would've invented. And any time you even question it, guys look at you like you're crazy. Ask them to provide a concrete reason why bumping donuts is sexy while swordfighting isn't, they're usually reduced to "well it just is!" and calling you a homo.

Yeah I'm serious. Goldust did similar shit, stalking Razor Ramon and such, and it made him the most controversial heel in the business. Suddenly change it to a woman who's making unwanted advances on someone of the same sex, and it's all cool? That's a pretty hefty double standard.

If a man likes watching a woman kiss another woman, but doesn't want too see a man kiss another man, that isn't homophobic.

Mickie getting cheered in my opinion, was just the fans liking her more and the character was awesome. Plus, Mickie was a new face and she didn't just come in trying to fuck Trish, she was an obssessed fan who snapped and became kind of slutty.

Goldust was a guy, that most fans knew was Dustin Rhodes and he came in just trying to fuck Razor, so it was a little strange, but Dustin still got the heat he wanted.

I don't think the 2 feuds were really that much a like.

Hey, guys like crazy lesbians, what can I tell ya?

This.

Nothing homophobic about that.

That it's kinda sexist, maybe? Girls don't get off watching two gay guys cornhole each other like that. Would a mano y mano kiss have made it into the Raw intro video like the Mickie/Trish one did? I admit to finding some lez play just as hot as the next heterosexual dude, but it's one of those things that I don't understand why most guys just think is natural. Like lesbians are supposed to be objectively hot, and male fags aren't. The old "all girls are bi" cliche fits into it too. Feels very much like something a male-dominated culture would've invented. And any time you even question it, guys look at you like you're crazy. Ask them to provide a concrete reason why bumping donuts is sexy while swordfighting isn't, they're usually reduced to "well it just is!" and calling you a homo.

You need help, I mean that in the nicest way possible.

Hey, I'm not saying there's a good explanation for it (I mean, I was kinda joking, anyway). But it's just the way it is. A lot of guys just are interested in that. And the majority of them just aren't interested in the other. I wouldn't neccessarily go far as to say it's sexist that I'd rather watch two girls go at it than two guys.

The way guys on her were freaking out when they did the Trish/Mickie angle, you'd have thought Jamie Noble had made a 5 second cameo or something. Maybe if it were Noble and Santino, people would be okay with it, I don't know.

No homo.

Mickie getting cheered in my opinion, was just the fans liking her more and the character was awesome. Plus, Mickie was a new face and she didn't just come in trying to fuck Trish, she was an obssessed fan who snapped and became kind of slutty.

She was a fucking maniac. She stalked Trish at every opportunity. Trish told her over and over that there was no interest, but Mickie just kept coming. She repeatedly physically attacked her without mercy. Started dressing like her in a Single White Female manner, like she wanted to erase Trish and take her place. Kidnapped Trish's boyfriend, then physically assaulted him. Was completely insane, causing harm and misery to multiple people who just wanted her to go away. How is that an "awesome" character?

See? Exactly what I'm talking about. You've got nothing here, no argument whatsoever, so "you're wrong!" is all you come back with.

But it's just the way it is.

And when I ask why, nobody can explain it. I don't mean "why do guys like watching girls lez out". That's obvious. I mean why there seems to be this cultural implication that it's more acceptable for females to do so than males. Unless they're the stereotypical ugly bulldykes, of course, then they go back to being objects of mockery and scorn.

She was a fucking maniac. She stalked Trish at every opportunity. Trish told her over and over that there was no interest, but Mickie just kept coming. She repeatedly physically attacked her without mercy. Started dressing like her in a Single White Female manner, like she wanted to erase Trish and take her place. Kidnapped Trish's boyfriend, then physically assaulted him. Was completely insane, causing harm and misery to multiple people who just wanted her to go away. How is that an "awesome" character?

How is that an awesome character? You just explained it yourself, I mean she should've got booed, but it was something different and over the top, especially for the womens division. Mickie pulled it of so well, that the fans probably didn't give a fuck that she was a heel. If I was at the show, I would've booed her, because I know that's what she wanted, but I can see people cheering her also. Trish was a bit of a bitch anyway, but hey,

See? Exactly what I'm talking about. You've got nothing here, no argument whatsoever, so "you're wrong!" is all you come back with.

I was just doing that because you said that's what your friends do to you.

I will say this though, if a woman wants too see 2 dudes pound each other, more power to her. I like too see hot woman have sex with each other, which is also cool. It seems like you're saying, if I don't want too see 2 men kissing and having sex, then I'm homophobic.

What kind of shit is that?

This thread has taken a weird turn.

How is that an awesome character? You just explained it yourself, I mean she should've got booed, but it was something different and over the top, especially for the womens division. Mickie pulled it of so well, that the fans probably didn't give a fuck that she was a heel. If I was at the show, I would've booed her, because I know that's what she wanted, but I can see people cheering her also. Trish was a bit of a bitch anyway, but hey,

Yeah, an awesome heel. Which in no way explains how the Chicago crowd started giving her such massive cheers. I can't think of any other time when Trish as a babyface got booed; how was she being a bitch?

I will say this though, if a woman wants too see 2 dudes pound each other, more power to her. I like too see hot woman have sex with each other, which is also cool. It seems like you're saying, if I don't want too see 2 men kissing and having sex, then I'm homophobic.

I never said you're supposed to wanna see two dudes riding the hershey highway. If you're a heterosexual man, obviously that is not something which appeals to you. I just think there really is an odd double standard in society regarding gay vs lesbian behavior, or at least as long as the lesbians are hot. Like I mentioned earlier: the Trish/Mickie mistletoe kiss was endlessly replayed in the Raw opening video package for months on end. Could you imagine the same thing happening with two dudes kissing? Hell, the Billy & Chuck angle never went that explicitly far in terms of what they showed onscreen, even while they were doing the HLA shit at the same time.

This thread has taken a weird turn.

Boy hasn't it. How the hell did we get here?

I thought the Chicago crowd was just a lot 'smarter' than normal, which would explain why people cheered Mickie because they saw what an awesome character she was, heel status notwithstanding. It would also explain why the crowd collectively drooled all over Angle and wished death on Cena. That crowd was like a caricature of the internet smarks of that era.