TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lil' Bitch

Oasis: clutching to relevance till their knuckles turn white

i don't care what anyone says... from what i'm hearing on their myspace right now... oasis is doing it big. they are fucking tearing it up with their new shit. flame away, i care not. they are fucking a band that is not to be taken lightly.

again, flame away.

holy shit. it's like i'm a kid again with rock and roll ( i'm the biggest oasis mark in the world ) it's so fucking good to listen too ( i am also really drunk at the time of this post... please... just listen before you pass judgement )

they are fucking a band that is not to be taken lightly.

And which band would that be exactly?

oasis. like i said, i care not what you say, but you can't deny the impact that they have had on music. positive or negative, they sell out shows and they write good songs.

im not saying that they are the best band in the world, far from it actually, but they are a solid band start to finish.

Having an impact on music and having a lot of fans are two different things

True, but Oasis have impacted many bands. Jet for example... Coldplay... The Arctic Monkeys...

Do they have a lot of fans up north? It's entirely possible. No one really listens to Oasis at all where I live.

I'm from the states. I'm assuming that you're from the UK considering you said 'up north'. A yes, Northern England loves Oasis. Apparently a lot of other people do too as well, otherwise they wouldn't see out show after show.

oasis. like i said, i care not what you say, but you can't deny the impact that they have had on music. positive or negative, they sell out shows and they write good songs.

im not saying that they are the best band in the world, far from it actually, but they are a solid band start to finish.

Totally fucking missed that one

Totally fucking missed that one

Like Casey at the Bat he was.

Oasis are pretty big in Australia too, they always draw pretty well when they tour here and their albums always chart well intially.

Myself, I loved Morning Glory, that was the first CD I ever owned. Comparing their shit today, that I've heard anyway, to anything on that album is astounding. They don't give all that much of a shit anymore. 'The Shock of the Lightning' could be any random Oasis single from '97 onwards, it'd fit on any album they've released.

The main problem with Oasis is they simply have not evolved at all. The songs they release today could so easily have been released in 1994.

Oasis as a group are far and away bigger than Blur ever were. However maybe in 30 years time when all involved are long retired, I suspect Blur will be seen as the more talented, and Oasis as a band too obsessed with The Beatles.

It's ironic that Noel Gallagher refuses to change his bands style in a sort of homage to The Beatles, yet does he not see what kind of transformation Lennon, McCartney and Harrison were capable of in going from Love Me Do to Strawberry Fields in the space of barely 5 years?

Sunderland, Edinburgh and Dublin are now also sold out, along with the original two nights at Manchester's Heaton Park and London's Wembley Stadium, which reached capacity earlier this afternoon.

Oasis have since added third nights in Manchester (June 4) and London (July 9) at the same venues.

With tickets going on sale at 10am (BST) this morning (October 24), the band had sold half a million tickets by 3pm.

Oasis co-promoter Chris York of SJM Concerts speculated that "this has to be the most tickets ever sold by an artist in the UK in one day".

A spokesperson for the band added: "This proves Oasis continue to go from strength to strength and increase in popularity. Following their fantastically received arena tour this autumn and critically acclaimed new album, these will be the must-see shows of 2009."

they must be doing something right.

I've got a couple buddies in their late 20s who have seen Oasis live at least a dozen times. They've actually gone to other states specifically to see the band live. They're going to a show in Detroit a couple months from now, too. Tickets are like between $50 and $75. I never really saw the appeal outside a few select tracks.

Guest C*Z*E*C*H

True, but Oasis have impacted many bands. Jet for example... Coldplay... The Arctic Monkeys...

snort

True, but Oasis have impacted many bands. Jet for example

Not a good thing

Do they have a lot of fans up north? It's entirely possible. No one really listens to Oasis at all where I live.

This is a strange one.. There is certainly not a north/south divide in this country when it come to listening to Oasis of all things.

The majority of people seem to like them.

Myself included.

Meh. I should probably put my copies of NME away or something, but they always write about Oasis as if they were an act who could only be truly understood by those from a certain region.

True, but Oasis have impacted many bands. Jet for example

Not a good thing

Jet are a fantastic band.

Guest C*Z*E*C*H

Then you don't ask much from your listening, and that's okay. fanart_matt_friendship.png

Music Folder Peace Summit '08: Working Together!

Sometimes I listen to MOR crap too, stuff from my childhood like the Goo Goo Dolls, Stroke 9, and Matchbox 20, but those bands are better than Jet. I feel safe saying that Jet has added nothing to anything, other than the music to a Budweiser ad campaign. Fitting.

D'Ya Know What I Mean is still awesome to me. I had dreams back when I wanted to be a wrestler of Main Eventing a Wrestlemania and making my entrance through the crowd. And each time he'd sing "All my people right here right now... D'ya know what I meeeeeeaaan?" I'd put the WWE belt on some random drunken Brit.

Then you don't ask much from your listening, and that's okay

I just think they are a fun rock band to listen to. I'm not obsessed with them, and I definitely don't think they are the best band ever, but I think that they provide some good rock tunes.

I wasn't aware that I needed to bust out rhythm tables and shit when I listen to music in order for it to be good.

Well, you know for next time.

Totally. Just because I happen to like an average rock band doesn't mean that I have complete shit taste in music.