TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Urban Warfare

METALLICA

Favorite Metallica song: "The Four Horsemen." As for all-out Hetfield/Ulrich penned, probably "For Whom The Bell Tolls" or "Damage, Inc."

Sooooo...who else digs Skinless?

Another new Metallica song... streamed off their site at Metallica.com.

Or you can download here.. http://www.sendspace.com/file/k8esvs

"My Apocalypse" ... it's thrashy.. and good.

Mmmmm...structurally reminds me of Justice, as far as how the riffs themselves are, song is standard Metallica structure...not a bad link between the old and more recent stuff.

The whole album was leaked a few days ago. That Was Just Your Life is definitely one of the best songs on the album. The album is solid for the most part, but my only gripe is the fact that some of the songs just run way to long and turn into glorified jams. The Unforgiven III was a massive letdown for me as it opens beautifully but trails off into a very ReLoad type song. But as a whole, definitely a solid album.

Death Magnetic is pretty fucking awesome. Better than Exodus' Atrocity Exhibition - Exhibit A, and Slayer's Christ Illusion. I don't care if people think "The Day That Never Comes" is lame, because that song is growing on me so fast and I'm starting to love it.

Welcome back, Metallica. I've missed you so.

Death Magnetic is pretty fucking awesome. Better than Exodus' Atrocity Exhibition - Exhibit A, and Slayer's Christ Illusion. I don't care if people think "The Day That Never Comes" is lame, because that song is growing on me so fast and I'm starting to love it.

I've heard a lot of good things about this album. I think the only Metallica album I've listened to in the past two or three years is Master of Puppets. They've been dead to me. It's going to take a great effort to bring me back in.

It's a good bridge between the more recent stuff and their 80's heyday. "The Day That Never Comes" is actually a decent sample of the whole album: parts are embarassingly lame, particularly Hetfield's aged voice, but once it hits its stride it's full-on old-school metal, and done very, VERY well.

Speaking of voice altering, this auto-tune effect made famous (infamous?) by T-Pain and spreading like wild herpes through the rap and R&B community has GOT to come to an end!

Speaking of voice altering, this auto-tune effect made famous (infamous?) by T-Pain and spreading like wild herpes through the rap and R&B community has GOT to come to an end!

He does look good in a top hat though.

As for the new Metallica-it's actually pretty listenable. It's not great, and it's not my pick for metal album of the year (so far, that would be Nachtmystium's Assassins), but it's a step in the right direction. "Unforgiven III" is probably my least favorite track though.

Really good album from Metallica. Although I've never really hated the stuff they've put out after the black album. Load and Reload are actually albums I still like to pop in to this day. St. Anger was pretty much shit though. Unnamed Feeling and All Within My Hands were probably the only good songs off of that one.

My local radio station played quite a bit of these newer songs, and I have really liked what I've heard so far. I'm glad to see that Metallica did a reboot by trying to pretend the stuff after the Black Album doesn't exist. I got excited about hearing this new album once I heard Rick Rubin produced it, and the band themselves said they are going back to their 80's sound. I've never listened to the St. Anger album, but the singles I heard from it, sounded like SHIT. Those songs were just laughable. Bad lyrics, guitar sounded out of tune, and those really annoying drums. UGH! Just awful sounding. I've always wanted to hear the whole album though, since I wanted to hear how bad the whole thing was.

So did anyone pick up tickets for the upcoming tour? Tickets in Calgary went insanely fast (for both shows) but I managed to get tickets to both (with help from the fan club for the second show). It's a weird feeling to actually want to hear some new stuff live, because I'm loving Death Magnetic.

Well, I got Death Magnetic and listened to it, and I thought it was very good. The only song I thought sucked (not counting the instrumental) was Unforgiven 3. Other than that, the rest of the album was great. I was really shocked while listening to this album, that Metallica has actually gotten FASTER as they've gotten older. "All Nightmare Long" was just insanely fast.

I think things are going well through the first four tracks before the album hits the wall...starting with "All Nightmare Long" on through. It doesn't regain any kind of steam until the very last track "My Suicide".

Sooooo...who else digs Skinless?

*raises hand*

I think the first tune of theirs I heard was "Tug of War Intestines" I was HOOKED.

Amen to that. The hate for 'Day' I don't get, I've loved it since my first listen, great tune.

Does it also put me in the minority for loving the instrumental? People are so preoccupied with holding up against Ktulu & Orion that they don't stop to just listen to it and enjoy what it is. The break-down half-way through is bliss, man. I love Kirk Hammett.

It's an instrumental that just doesn't seem planned like "The Call of Ktulu" and "Orion," and even "To Live is to Die," were. Those all seemed planned, as if there was a purpose to it all, but "Suicide and Redemption" just seems to be the guys jamming for 8 or so minutes. There's a structure, but it's a basic one, and the riffs just seem almost half-assed. I listened to "The Call of Ktulu" yesterday whilst driving, and then it hit me: I'd forgotten how fucking flat-out amazing it is. Nothing on Death Magnetic touches it, but that's not really an insult: Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets are constantly debated as the best Metallica albums, sometimes even the best METAL albums, whereas Death Magnetic is an attempt to return to form.