TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
zappafrank

Jeff Hardy Strikes Out for the Final Time?

Has HHH actually mentioned "Dr. Black?" Unless it's from this week, I don't recall the name ever coming up.

HHH's reference to Dr. Black was taken off Smackdown in editing before it ever hit the air.

Has HHH actually mentioned "Dr. Black?" Unless it's from this week, I don't recall the name ever coming up.

HHH's reference to Dr. Black was taken off Smackdown in editing before it ever hit the air.

There's something to be said about a promo by the son-in-law being considered over the line enough that it was edited.

The short version of the history of Dr. Black:

He runs the NFL drug testing program and his presence was a big reason why Meltzer et al thought the WWE policy was legit (high steroid failure threshold aside). After the Benoit murders and his talk show appearances where said testosterone was not a steroid, he was viewed as a stooge who looks out for the best interests of whoever's paying him.

PWInsider:

The Tennessean.com is reporting that Jeff Hardy was denied boarding on his flight home to North Carolina yesterday because he ” appeared intoxicated at Nashville International Airport’s Southwest gate” according to Southwest Airlines spokesman Chris Mainz. After his alleged intoxication was reported, Southwest denied his entry on the flight (which Matt Hardy conveniently left out of his blog entry, not that I blame him one bit).

Hardy was not arrested and instead offered to take a later flight. He did not cause a scene at the airport.

Could have been anything from alcohol to weed.

Dr. Black WAS NOT Chris Benoit's doctor. That was Dr. Phil Astin III.

Dr. Black is the doctor that conducts the drug tests.

That report makes it sound like run of the mill stuff, but it's not that easy to get kicked off a plane. Sounds like he had to be really messed up.

Doubt this will lead to any sort of disciplinary action on WWE's part, but they should really consider relaxing his push in the future. The guy is just too much of a fuck up to keep putting in these high profile feuds and matches.

It's all going to depend on what he was fucked up on.

If it was alcohol, they can deal with that. But if it was drug related, he's outta here.

That report makes it sound like run of the mill stuff, but it's not that easy to get kicked off a plane. Sounds like he had to be really messed up.

Doubt this will lead to any sort of disciplinary action on WWE's part, but they should really consider relaxing his push in the future. The guy is just too much of a fuck up to keep putting in these high profile feuds and matches.

It's extremely easy to be kicked off an airplane for being intoxicated. Didn't you watch Airline on A&E? They were not allowing people on flights left and right just because one person felt a passenger might be a little intoxicated.

It sounds like people are making a big deal over nothing.

"Excuse me sir, but you seem intoxicated and we can't allow you to board this flight."

"Oh you're right, I guess I had one too many at the airport bar while waiting hours for this delayed plane. No worries, I'll sober up and wait for the next one."

I dunno if this was made clear, but Dr. Black WAS NOT Benoit's doctor.

Given that they've worked his violations into the shows, I wonder if they'll try to make this into a storyline. I could see a "Did Jeff get his third strike" angle doing big ratings. They could use it to promote the move to the new network.

I've flown pretty high in the past. You have to be drinking/usinga lot of drugs to be visably intoxicated to the point they won't let you fly. If he just had too much too drink, it's not that big a deal from WWE's point of view, but for Jeff's own sake, he should be staying away from booze as a (former?) drug addict. It certaintly dosn't sound as bad as the rumors were implying at least.

At least, it wasn't drugs. Jeff would've been the biggest idiot to go back to his old habits a couple of weeks before main eventing a PPV.

Does anyone cut promos on Triple H referencing his relationship to Vince and Steph, his power tripping backstage, etc.? I'm sure SOMEONE has, I just can't recall off the top of my head. It just seems like no one gets to do the smarky insider digs at people other than Triple H.

They let Hardy go off on him for about 20 seconds on a Smackdown not too long ago. That's about it.

As long as he was only drunk I doubt WWE will really do much about this. Just wondering though Papacita, why would an angle involving Jeff being fired over his 3rd offense draw any money?

Does anyone cut promos on Triple H referencing his relationship to Vince and Steph, his power tripping backstage, etc.? I'm sure SOMEONE has, I just can't recall off the top of my head. It just seems like no one gets to do the smarky insider digs at people other than Triple H.

They let Hardy go off on him for about 20 seconds on a Smackdown not too long ago. That's about it.

Edge called him out on it when they were both babyfaces on Smackdown in 2002. I think something about sleeping your way to the top.

And if I had a giant animated leprechaun gif, this is where I would post it.

They could always make a stipulation for No Mercy. Title Vs. Career. If Jeff loses, he's fired. For real.

I hope this isn't a sign of alcoholism.

If so, will we get Last Call Jeff Hardy?

Maybe he'll jump off of the titantron. Take a page out of Hawk's book.

He must yell, "Imagi I'm coming!"

If he doesn't want to jump off the Titan tron, he can always slide down a rainbow. Of course it won't really be a rainbow, it'll be a volcano.