TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

The Office Season 5

Creed giving Jim a $3 bill made me chuckle. Dwight's gray and brown balloons hung with packing tape were funny too.

Was that Creed's image on the bill or somebody else?

Kelly smiling the the happiest 2nd grader when Jim put the blanket around her...GOLD

"I'm too excited to sleep"

My favourite part: Dwight's sign, Jim just announcing the postponement, Stanley saying he knows because of the sign, Dwight looking on smugly.

Runner-up: Michael's breakdown and Pam trying to cover, then just moving on.

Good stuff all around.

This episode did nothing for me. I can't stand Michael when he's talking in front of large groups and breaks down and as much as Pam tried to be cute reading his lines it felt weak. Some of the Jim/Dwight stuff was funny but I can't help but think the writers were in serious "running on empty" mode if they were forced to devote a two-episode arch for Kelly's birthday, supported by Angela and her cats.

Angela: I am proud to announce there is a new addition to the Martin family. She's hypoallergenic, she doesn't struggle when you try to dress her, she's a third generation show-cat, her father was in Meet the Parents. Needless to say she was very, very expensive.

Meredith: How much--

Angela: Seven thousand dollars.

Creed: For a cat? I could get you a kid for that.

They've just made Michael too stupid and it's not funny anymore.

I kinda like Jim and Dwight working together and bickering more than Jim just doing dumb little pranks and Dwight falling for every one of them

Michael was always dim witted, but they made him at least likeable enough that you could kind of hope for things to work out for him. Now, he's just a horrible person on the show. I really want bad things to happen to the character, which probably shouldn't have been what they were going for.

Another repeat tonight.

Although - I did happen to see that m'fn Stringer Bell will be on at some point next month as a new Dunder Mifflin VP.

That should be incredible. Not sure how long the guest spot is for but it should be fun while it lasts.

"Then it's a happy ending, because he was gay. You should call him."