TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

The Office Season 5

Nobody gets written out of this show. Didn't Toby come back too?

What about Devon?

This was a pretty interesting episode from Jim looking like a jerkoff in front of the new boss to Michael quitting.

What about Devon?.

I'm pretty sure he meant regular (important) characters. Devon was only on the show so that they could fire him.

Charles: So, Assistant to the Regional Manager.

Jim: Assistant Regional Manager.

All kinds of great stuff with Charles (that was his name, right?). Jim trying to explain why wearing a tuxedo was in response to a memo about being unprofessional was also really funny.

That episode was allllllllllllllllllll kinds of awkward, so yeah, good stuff.

Jim, Jim, Jim ::shakes head::

"So, you want to keep your made-up position?" Oof.

That kind of bothered me, because wasn't it a real position that he was given by Jan in Stamford (the same day that Josh quit and the branch shut down) and kept when he transferred back to Scranton?

I wonder if the Michael qutting thing will go through similar to how David Brent getting fired did? Ie: the cameras still followed Brent around and he kept coming back into the office to just hang out, and the music videos and all that shit. I'd be interested to see what Michael would do to "find himself" after Dunder-Mifflin. Maybe it's time for Shoe-La-La. :P

What about Devon?.

I'm pretty sure he meant regular (important) characters. Devon was only on the show so that they could fire him.

Devon was important to me dammit.

I'm really starting to hate Michael. It's just too much for him to act like such a petulant child week to week and ever like anything he does after that.

I was ready for another tempur tantrum at the end. I was very pleasantly surprised when he quit and I can't wait to see what happens.

But damn... Jim. Jesus. String Bell fucked him up.

Maybe this is their part to having Michael be like his UK counterpart, eventually counting down the days to his firing. Ending the show.

With David Brent, I actually felt sympathy for the character. I have no such feelings for Michael as I really can't see any company continuing to put up with his nonsense.

Maybe this is their part to having Michael be like his UK counterpart, eventually counting down the days to his firing. Ending the show.

With David Brent, I actually felt sympathy for the character. I have no such feelings for Michael as I really can't see any company continuing to put up with his nonsense.

They would if he continued to make them money, which Michael has consistently done for the duration of the show.

And Wallace genuinely does seem to like him as a person, as most of his employees do.

They've made it clear to us that Dunder Miflin is struggling madly and Scranton is basically keeping it afloat. And Michael's abilities as a salesman are clearly a big part of that, as are Dwight's who has show great loyalty to him. Its really not unfathomable to think that if Michael left that the company could lose enough business to be hurt. And even if they weren't we've seen Michael draw in new accounts over the course of the show, an asset they'd lose (and possibly lose to a competitor).

They want him there, and may even need him. And Wallace clearly likes the guy. They just need to find a way to control him and every "subtle" way failed. And his ego is so wrapped up in being "The World's Greatest Boss" (and everything else) that we see how he deals with it when the company gives him no choice.

I'd like to see Michael go elsewhere and be a roaring success. He'll obviously end up back at Dunder Mifflin out of loyalty...but this is a good way to push the fact that all of the stupid counterproductive things that he does somehow lead them to profits and every other branch sucks. And corporate should get the fuck off his back.

Even if she gets nothing out of quitting her position as a secretary at Dunder Mifflin, at least she's no longer a secretary at Dunder Mifflin. That's been one of her hangups as long as the series has been going on.