TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

The Office Season 5

I wonder if next week Ryan joins the Michael Scott Paper Co. I do wonder if this is going to be a story where Michael gets people from the Scranton Branch to join his office one by one, meanwhile the Scranton Branch does horrible sales, eventually leading to everyone getting their jobs back.

"I am aware of the effect I have on women."

I'd really like to see them keep this going for a little while. It's fresh and interesting; it'd be a waste to just bring everybody back in the next two episodes.

So Pam is Dorothy Boyd to Michael's Jerry Maguire?

I thought they'd at least have Pam say something like "eh, what the hell, I loved Jerry Maguire" after basically stealing that scene from the movie.

The battle between Kelly and Angela is fantastic.

"They had a sundae bar! I didn't have any because I want to stay trim."

"She's a special person. She's turning 50 this year!"

There were a ton of those moments tonight. I agree with Boon; I wouldn't mind them carrying this on to next season.

"Typical American arrogance. That's what dragged us into a war we had no buisness being involved in: World War II."

Pam's expression seemed to change from smiling to concerned before the end cut, but maybe I was reading too much into that.

Enjoyable episode - not a lot of "ha ha" but I still found it funny and overall very interesting / entertaining to watch. I had this weird moment where I wanted to laugh at the Prince Paper callback, then felt genuinely sad that a fictional paper company went out of business.

Pam's expression seemed to change from smiling to concerned before the end cut, but maybe I was reading too much into that.

no, that was there. jenna fischer does that well. she did it in the "jim buys a house" episode too in the brief moment where he's taking her in from the front yard. this show hasn't gotten enough credit (especially from me) for its format allowing for some really subtle acting styles--tiny pauses in timing, well-placed small sighs, things like that. rare for a sitcom to be able to do that.

i had a dream last night that i was acting in somebody's student film with jenna fischer. she was very nice.

I think Ryan joins up and maybe one other Scranton person (Stanley?). I think Michael is actually able to woo one or two loyal clients and DM panics and buys out his company and gives him his job back. I am thinking a lot of the Scott company growth happens in between seasons and when they come back next year, he is somewhat successful on a minor level and then the buyout happens.

I did love Stanley and Kevin's panic faces after Charles gave them some extra responsibility.

Also Michael's "Oh shit!" look when the interviewee told him "it's brutal out there."

I'm watching it again and totally forgot about Creed putting coins into the copier.

Oscar: "I think it's 75 cents."

Creed: "Hmm, that's a lot."

Was that a The Graduate reference at the end with Michael and Pam's triumphant smiles basically vanishing as they kept walking?

One of my friends mentioned that, as well.

Prince Paper

other companies

*Jim hears roaring sounds*

Jim: "Monster.com, Michael. Singular."

Don't know why but that was my favorite part of the episode. Maybe it was the monster sounds.

He plays the unlikeable boss very well.

The guy is a great actor and a good looking guy - I don't understand how he's not a star already.