TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

The Upcoming Shows/Rumored Fights Thread

I think it is about 1 fight too soon to put Cain v. Nog. Cain definitely needs to fight a higher profile name, like maybe a Herring, Kongo or Carwin-Gonzaga loser.

And if they are thinking about putting Penn-Florian at UFC 99, I think thats a great business move. 98, 99 and 100 will all do monster buy rates.

Cain vs Nog is an interesting fight. Cain's stand-up looked much improved in the Stojnic fight and Nog looked not-so-good against Mir. Having said that I think that Nog's stand-up is better then the Mir fight shows. The fight itself would mean Nog pwns Cain if they went to the ground but I can't see how they would as there would be no way Nog takes him down so we're left with a striking battle between the two.

I think they should match up Cain against Nog now... Or atleast give Cain a top level HW instead of a tomato can.

I've heard that Cain has progressed the most in the least amount of time more so then anyone that has ever went to AKA, even Josh Koscheck. I've also heard he gives Machida hell whenever he comes there to train.

Cain's already become the biggest HW gym legend I've heard of since Harout Terzyan, except that you can actually find him in the gym, as opposed to going to Vegas, doing blow and hooking up with a skanky bitches.

Cain's already become the biggest HW gym legend I've heard of since Harout Terzyan, except that you can actually find him in the gym, as opposed to going to Vegas, doing blow and hooking up with a skanky bitches.

Isn't he already a purple belt under Camarillo, in only a year?

Penn vs Florian for UFC 99 is in question right now. Sherdog has a story on their main page saying that BJ wants to take some time off to be with his family and doesn't want to defend until July or August. This just makes me root for Florian all the more if he's forced to wait until fucking August to get his shot.

I kid.

Anyway, I'm in no rush to see Kenny get beaten on, which I think will happen, though I agree that the time he's already had to wait for the fight should have been more than enough.

Swick and Johnson train together IIRC so I'm not sure how much they'd want to fight each other. Johnson/Davis would be good stuff though.

I've heard rumblings that it's gonna be Cain/Mirko.

Swick and Johnson train together IIRC

They do and they don't... Johnson trains at Cung Le's gym, with Cung Le and Josh Thomson. But they are affiliated with AKA because Cung Le use to train there. AJ has trained at AKA before, but still I'm sure Swick/Johnson would fight each other, as it was suppose to happen but Johnson wanted to have a fight sooner then later so they gave him the Luigi fight.

Either way, Swick/Johnson makes alot of sense... Much more interesting then seeing Johnson give Davis a crimson mask and win by cuts.

Bowles being out is confirmed. Replacement will be Takeya Mizugaki.

Motherfucker.

Mizugaki stateside is sweet, but dude's going to get bombed on badly.

I'm sure UFC is debating doing Hardy vs Davis after Dan called Davis out after 95 but I imagine they'll want to save that one for a U.K card.

MMAJunkie has a story where Davis confirms that he's asked Joe Silva to make this fight for Germany because it's "neutral ground". Marcus is sick of being the bad guy in London and he knows Hardy would be the villain in Ireland so according to him Germany makes sense.

It's Cain vs. Heath Herring at UFC 99.

Another bad matchup for Heath. Cain will take him down and pound on him for 3 rounds for a UD.

The funniest part of this, is lower level heavyweights have refused to fight Cain. They couldn't find anyone to face him. They brought in the Holland dude because they couldn't find anyone.

But Heath Herring? Heath motherfucking Herring said he'd fight him. When he's got really nothing to gain and everything to lose status wise. No one but us hardcores care about Cain. Herring's been in several semi main events. People actually know him.

What a brave stupid man.