TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

The Upcoming Shows/Rumored Fights Thread

Koscheck just might end up being one of the highest paid fighters in the UFC right now. I mean - he's making what? 40-60k a fight and he's fighting like 6+ times a year.

"Anthony Johnson, a really explosive athlete, much like a Kevin Randleman or a Josh Koscheck, against John Howard, a guy who is really athletically explosive much like a... Kevin Randleman... or a... Josh... Koscheck..."

"And Maurice Smith, don't forget him Goldie"

"Leg kicks like a baseball bat on fire swinging towards his opponents' meaty part of the leg at 88 mph, Joe"

"Melvin Guillard!"

"Rampage Jackson!"

"Anthony Johnson, a really explosive athlete, much like a Kevin Randleman or a Josh Koscheck, against John Howard, a guy who is really athletically explosive much like a... Kevin Randleman... or a... Josh... Koscheck..."

"And Maurice Smith, don't forget him Goldie"

"Leg kicks like a baseball bat on fire swinging towards his opponents' meaty part of the leg at 88 mph, Joe"

"Melvin Guillard!"

"Rampage Jackson!"

Koscheck has only 50% of the athletic ability of an Anthony Johnson.

March Badness March 21

Bobby Lashley v Ken Shamrock

Former WWE superstar Bobby Lashley’s opponent for “March Badness” — a hybrid mixed martial arts and boxing event being put on by former boxing champion Roy Jones Jr. — will be none other than UFC Hall-of-Famer Ken Shamrock (27-13-2), according to BloodyElbow.com.

The pay-per-view (PPV) event will take place at the Pensacola Civic Center in Pensacola, Fla., on March 21.

Lashley is an absolute monster, weighing in right around the 265-pound heavyweight limit for his fights. He destroyed Joshua Franklin in under a minute during his MMA debut last December with devastating takedowns and a ground-and-pound that opened up a nasty fight ending gash on Franklin’s head.

Good Lord.

UFC 99

Rich Franklin vs Wanderlei Silva

Caol Uno vs Spencer Fisher

Cain Velasquez vs Heath Herring

Marcus Davis vs TBA (Davis has asked for Dan Hardy but nothing is set)

Dan Miller vs Yushin Okami

Todd Duffee vs Mutapha Al-Turk

Mike Swick vs Ben Saunders

Alan Belcher vs Alessio Sakara

Apparently they were throwing around the idea of Joe Stevenson vs Mac Danzig, but said to hell with that...and I can't blame them, almost seems like it'd be a Tanner vs Groove lose leaves town match. I don't think anything could be done with the loser of that fight

TUF 9 Finale, June

Anthony Johnson vs John Howard

I have no basis for this but I for whatever reason can see Clay Guida showing up on this card.

Anthony Johnson vs John Howard

Clay Guida vs Diego Sanchez

I am the MMA Nostradamus.

Rich Franklin vs Wanderlei Silva

Caol Uno vs Spencer Fisher

Cain Velasquez vs Heath Herring

Marcus Davis vs TBA (Davis has asked for Dan Hardy but nothing is set)

Todd Duffee vs Mutapha Al-Turk

Mike Swick vs Ben Saunders

Alan Belcher vs Alessio Sakara

Terry Etim vs Justin Buccholz

There has been a significant change to the K-1 card on the 28th. Karaev is injured, so Spong will be inserted in his place. K-1 also switched match ups, presumably because Spong is already fighting Saki in April on an "It's Showtime" card. The new tournament looks like this:

Spong vs. Die Faust

Manhoef vs. Saki

I like Karaev, but I like Spong even more. These are all small heavyweights who can bang, so expect exciting fast-paced action if you catch the card.

Also:

http://www.japan-mma.com/2009/03/320-sengo...-gp-fights.html

Sengoku Featherweight GP: 3/20

Hatsu Hioki 17-3-2 vs. 6-0-2 Chris Manuel

Michihiro Omigawa 4-7-1 vs. 13-1-0 L.C. Davis

Hideki Kadowaki 13-8-2 vs. 14-5-0 Nam Phan

Masanori Kanehara 11-5-5 vs. 3-5-3 Jong Man Kim

Shintaro Ishiwatari 6-1-3 vs. 2-0-0 Jung Chan Sung

Seiya Kawahara 6-1-0 vs. 6-0-0 Nick Denis

Tetsuya Yamada 3-0-0 vs. 16-1-1 Ronnie Mann Ushiwaka

Marlon Sandro 12-0-0 vs. 9-4-0 Matt Jaggers

I'm kind of pumped for this since I don't catch much of this weight class, but I can't say I'm too familiar with anyone except Omigawa and Hioki. You know any of these other guys, Lei?

I'm kind of pumped for this since I don't catch much of this weight class, but I can't say I'm too familiar with anyone except Omigawa and Hioki. You know any of these other guys, Lei?

LC Davis is a pretty good fighter. He trains with the Miletich camp. Check his fight with Rafael Dias, sick KO.

Hatsu Hioki

- Most people know Hioki. Incredibly skilled yet incredibly flaky jiu-jitsu guy, with lots of reach and a good chin. Relative favorite to win the tournament, but the idea of him not fucking up through 4 rounds is pretty hard to imagine.

Chris Manuel

- Decent BJJ guy, but nothing too special and giving up size to some of the other competitors.

Michihiro Omigawa

- Another familiar face. A strong grappler whose record doesn't do his skillset justice, his main problem is that he has a brawler's instincts without the actual striking skill to back it up.

L.C. Davis

- Another early favorite. Strong featherweight. Good stand-up and solid ground skills. One of the tournaments more well-rounded fighters.

Hideki Kadowaki

- Highly experienced and a good grappler. Doesn't have much stand-up and average takedowns will hurt him eventually in the tournament.

Nam Phan

- Dynamic grappler with improving stand-up. Formerly fought at LW, so won't be as easily corralled as he was previously.

Masanori Kanehara

- Not as familiar with him. Breen mentioned that his stand-up has been looking better and he's shown some good KO power of late. Jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none.

Jong Man Kim

- Gutsy brawler with good power standing and on the ground. Has defensive liabilities out the ass.

Shintaro Ishiwatari

-Famous for his face smashing slam KO of Kazuhiro Ito, he's a balls out striker with good power. Has limited takedown defense, but is good defensively on the mat. Stronger than many Japanese FW's.

Jung Chan Sung

- Also a balls out striker, he's already beaten 2 solid fighters, including pounding out a good striker in Fanjin Son. His inexperience and ground game are question marks, but he's a wild card for the tournament.

Seiya Kawahara

- Promising bantamweight, he's giving up a lot of size in the tournament. Aggressive striker with KO power.

Nick Denis

- Not familiar with him, but a good sized feather with reportedly good counter-striking skills.

Tetsuya Yamada

- 18 year old prospect. A judoka with good punching power, he maybe be jumping in deep waters a bit early here.

Ronnie Mann Ushiwaka

-Very good grappler, amongst the tournament's best. Solid wrestling, but might be at a striking disadvantage in the tournament, despite his kickboxing experience.

Marlon Sandro

- Featherweight King of Pancrase. A somewhat typical Nova Uniao guy, but can mix it up standing, as well.

Matt Jaggers

- Throwaway brawler, too be honest.

As Breen mentioned, the matchmaking is a bit surprising, as it's conceivable that every Japanese competitor except Hioki will be eliminated in the opening round. Sung/Ishiwatari & Phan/Kadowaki will probably be the round's most entertaining bouts.

UFC 100- July, Las Vegas

Georges St. Pierre vs Thiago Alves

Brock Lesnar vs Frank Mur II

Dan Henderson vs Michael Bisping

Yoshihiro Akiyama vs Alan Belcher

I erroneously reported Belcher vs Sakara for UFC 99 in June.