TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

The Upcoming Shows/Rumored Fights Thread

Early prediction: Either Gomi tries and fails to make weight, and Nakakura works him over for a lopsided JD, OR Gomi doesn't bother trying to make weight, comes in huge, and ragdolls Nakakura around for a lopsided JD.

Shooto Welterweight: 70kg/154 pounds

Note: I'm not saying Gomi failing to make weight is certain, but after years of somewhat sporadic activity in a weight class specifically built so he could avoid the weight cuts he had to make before, I think there's a good chance of a weigh-in debacle. And if previous examples like Fiorivanti/Monma are anything to go by, the fight will go through regardless.

I think that's a bit harsh. Nakakura can't help it that Shooto is a bit more insular nowadays, but he's doing the best one could ask against the best Shooto fighters he can face, which is more than one could say about the reigns of most of Shooto's previous welterweight champions.

WEC 41: June 7th on VS.

Mike Brown vs. Urijah Faber

Glad they came to their senses and didn't do PPV.

I think that's a bit harsh. Nakakura can't help it that Shooto is a bit more insular nowadays, but he's doing the best one could ask against the best Shooto fighters he can face, which is more than one could say about the reigns of most of Shooto's previous welterweight champions.

Well, I guess what I meant to say was that the LW division is so stacked that being outside the top 15 or 20 in a weight class is far from top level when you consider the fighters above him. Heck, the top 50 LW's in the world are probably collectively pound for pound better than the top 20 HW's. Have I confused you yet? :huh:

It could go either way. Neither has a very good chin (though Grove's is definitely worse), but Gouveia simply does not fight well defensively, and is usually unable to come back from any sort of adversity. Grove definitely has the skill set to make Wilson look bad, but it's really hard to know how his chin will hold up if Gouveia finds it.

Neer/Pellegrino is interesting for the fact that Pellegrino will likely put it on Neer early on, but Neer is hardly the type of guy to wilt, and will force Pellegrino to fight every inch of the way. Pellegrino isn't quite the one-round fighter he used to be, but there's still questions how well he can handle pressure for an extended period of time (which neither Tavares nor Emerson could offer).

LOTC, so is Penn/Florian at 101 or 102?

I saw it under both, just wondered if something happened to Couture-Nog so they moved the LW title match up.

TUF Finale

Diego Sanchez vs Clay Guida

Joe Stevenson vs Nate Diaz

Edgar Garcia vs Brad Blackburn

Chris Lytle vs Kevin Burns

Anthony Johnson vs Matt Brown

I'm not even sure why I bothered posting this. I'm sure AJ's opponent is going to change again next week but for now, this is where the MMA Wheel of Fortune has landed, opponent-wise.

I don't dislike Brown, but I don't really care much for him. He's put on some good performances post-TUF, but nothing that'll make me go out of my way to cheer for him over Rumble.

Unless he started coming out to the Highlander theme music to really put over the Immortal stuff.

Eh, I dunno. Brown is better then McCrory in every aspect of the game and he's also fearless. A more interesting fight then the previous one, IMO.

Yeah, it's a good fight. I actually fear Matt Brown could beat AJ standing up. Hopefully AJ plays it smart and decides not to stand and trade with Brown, and takes him down. Would rather him fight Barncat since I don't care for Barncat, and I like Matt Brown.

Well, I certainly didn't like him on TUF.

I still don't get why people disliked him on TUF... Because he punked out that peice of shit Jeremy May? C'mon, that little turd had it coming. Brown seems like a decent guy, him and Amir were all class before their fight.

I have an overwhelming negative feeling against people who protect their "dip", or work on a farm (ie: Speer, Tommy) or play up their redneck upbringing.