TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
strummer

WWE SmackDown - September 26, 2008

Rajah:

last show to air on CW Network

Dark Match:

* Tommy Dreamer b. Eric Escabar

- Dreamer got the win via pinfall after hitting tree of woe followed by a DDT.

SmackDown: (Airing next Friday)

* Tazz and Jim Ross come out to commentate.

* SmackDown opens with Chavo and Vickie backstage. Chavo says that The Undertaker told him that he is coming for her tonight.

* Jeff Hardy & Triple H b. MVP & Brian Kendrick

- Triple H got the win via pinfall after hitting a pedigree on MVP.

* Shelton Benjamin comes out to cut a promo. When he is finished he drops the mic and walks away. R-Truth comes out and interrupts.

* Shelton Benjamin vs. Santino Marella is announced for next week.

* Maria & Brie Bella b. Natalya & Victoria

- During the match Brie switched places with her sister Nicole Bella (who was hiding under the ring). Maria got the win after hitting a cross body off the top rope for the three-count.

* Vladimir Kozlov vs. The Great Khali

- Triple H comes out during the match. The Great Khali attacks Hunter. Kozlov joins in... Out comes Jeff Hardy for the save. Triple H gets his sledgehammer and hits Khali.

* The Undertaker vs. Big Show is announced for No Mercy.

* The Big Show, Chavo Guerrero, and Vickie are shown talking about The Undertaker. Vickie tells Chavo that his match is up next.

* Chavo Guerrero b. Jimmy Wang Yang

- After the match the lights go out for a few seconds. Chavo is very nervous and runs away.

* Carlito & Primo Colon b. Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins to win the WWE Tag Team Championships.

- Carlito got the win via pinfall after hitting the back stabber on Zack Ryder.

* Jesse & Festus come out to get Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins in a "MyMoving Company" van. Ryder & Hawkins get away. They open the back of the van and Kenny Dykstra is inside wrapped in bubble wrap, ready for the move to MyNetwork TV.

* Vickie, Big Show, and Chavo Guerrero are in Vickie's office talking about how they are going to smoke out The Undertaker. The shot cuts to them heading out to the ring.

* The lights go out and Chavo is gone. He is backstage being beaten by The Undertaker. Big Show leaves Vickie in the ring by herself to go help. The lights flash again and The Undertaker is in the ring with Vickie. Tombstone on Vickie!

Vickie is taken out on a stretcher to end SmackDown.

Looks like a show that might not be very fun to watch. They must really want C.W. to pull a shit rating on their way out.

I'm pretty sick of Trips going over MVP at every turn.

Benjamin-Marella is a bit of a head-scratcher, but I enjoy both, so I might want to tune in next week.

Divas match. Yeah, no. My love of Victoria and Natalya cannot compete with my hatred of Maria and Thing 1 and Thing 2 going over.

The Khali/Kozlov/Hunter/Hardy fiasco sounds like a big bowl of suck.

I can't decide if rushing the Tag Team Championships around the waist of Carlito/Primo is a good thing or not.

I wonder if Kenny is going to be emaciated as he has been tied up in a moving van for several weeks with no way of nourishing himself.

That's a lot of Vickie and Chavo and Big Show and Undertaker. Don't know how interested I am in two hours of that.

All and all, the thing I look forward to the most is actually happening next week. Hmm...

The ECW tapings must have been too exciting for this man to even recap!

Or too boring.

Announcers Jim Ross and Matt Striker come out.

ECW

The Miz & John Morrison come out. Miz says that he dominated over Evan Bourne last week. Evan only won because Ortiz distracted him. Miz says that Teddy Long should be nurturing his superstars. (missed some crap here - some back and forth between and Teddy) They challenge anyone, anytime. We find out that Evan Bourne is not here tonight. Teddy makes a match: Miz v. John Morrison! The winner will then take on Atlas Ortiz.

Finlay over Bam Neely.

Maryse over Michelle McCool.

Mark Henry & Tony Atlas come out. Henry says that Matt Hardy did not pin him and is not a true champion.

Mike Knox over Chase Sweden.

After the match, Jake Swagger came out and attacked the jobber. Tommy Dreamer came out for the save and got some too for his trouble.

Miz v. Morrison went to a double count out. Ortiz came out and did his stupid belly flop on both and then just left. What happened to there being a match there?

Is WWE on another tour? Is that why the ECW/Smackdown tapings happen tonight?

I think Carlito needs to go back to the ring shorts he wore before, the Mysterio pants look like shite.

SD! should call up the Canadian Bulldogs already. Bulldogs vs Carly and Primo could be a really good feud, throw in Miz and Morrison and you could have some very good matches.

Hawkins and Ryder are so damn bland, they need some sort of hook or something. Jesse and Festus moving gimmick is dumb as hell as well - somebody needs to read "Of mice and men"...

Looks like a show that might not be very fun to watch. They must really want C.W. to pull a shit rating on their way out.

In most of the US, Smackdown will also be in partial conflict against the first presidential debate so I'm assuming a subpar rating anyway.

Why a tag-title switch on the last show?

I'd have thought they'd save that for the first show on the new network.

I assume much like Benjamin vs Santino is title holder vs title holder, they will probably have SD tag Champs vs Raw Tag Champs, meaning Primo and Carlito vs Dibiase and Rhodes rather than having bland heel vs heel match involving Hawkins and Ryder facing off against Dibiase and Rhodes.

Yeah I kinda forgot the spoilers already. This is the last time I get to see Smackdown in HD for a while (local MNT is a subchannel of Fox and Fox gets priority).

Just wondering but did I miss something in terms of Vickie not being GM when they go to MyNetworkTV? We've seen her Tombstoned before and she came back from it, so I assumed it just meant the return of the wheelchair.

Gregory Helms just popped up in a bubble telling Chavo to leave

Gregory Helms has been in Pop-Up Video mode recently... they should have given that gimmick to Colt Cabana.