TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE Raw - September 22, 2008

I'm rather disappointed that, at this point, Michaels-Batista will likely not have a vis-a-vis confrontation, backstage, before tagging. I still say that their whole affair should not be over completely.

How can Batista team with that dastardly Shawn Michaels after he refused to do the right thing to Ric Flair?!?!?!?!?!

Wow, I'm surprised. It's almost always a given that the faces will go over whenever they are outnumbered, especially when there's a fall guy like Cade in the match and never with the fall guy coming out on top.

I have to wonder with that main event booking if HBK is getting the title at the PPV. Even if it's to turn around and get his ass kicked by Batista at Survivor Series.

Pretty decent show tonight. The Santino/Beth stuff is consistent gold, the Cryme Tyme vs. Miz/Morrison match was fun stuff as well. I even liked Bourne/Kane for what it was, though it was the beatdown I assumed it would be. I'd have preferred a Rey run in leading to a shocking Bourne upset win, then Kane wastes Rey at the PPV.

As far as Haas goes, I know that this has likely been mentioned on here but he simply has to dress up like the Ultimate Warrior and destroy Santino for the IC title. What a classic payoff that would be to Santino's "I wanna be HTM" gimmick, Haas' gimmick of dressing up, and also a fun tribute to the past.

Heh...

All I can say is Heroes was awesome tonight! When I did catch Raw during commercials, I noticed a few things...

Orton got a nice pop in the opening segment!

Kofi is getting a mad push soon while Punk remains a favorite (tag team champs?).

Kelly Kelly is F'n HOT!

With Cade scoring the pinfall on HBK, it seems pretty obvious the outcome of the PPV, but who knows...Cade scoring the pinfall was as unpredictable and unexpected as I've seen!

Cade's finisher was executed flawlessly, I was impressed.

The opening segment was pretty good stuff....and built to a decent Punk/Rhodes match. Also liked the Bourne/Kane match too. The rest of the stuff was kind of forgettable, and I didn't get how Batista and Michaels are getting along like nothing happened. Main event was ok....unexpected finish which I bet leads to Cade v. Michaels next week. They could also do Batista v. Jericho next week non-title or something.

I thought overall it was one of the better episodes in quite a while. Wasn't really one segment that didn't work.

I really enjoyed Punk/Cody for some reason, very good match, even liked it better than Punk/Jericho from last week. Miz/Morrison vs. Cryme Tyme was entertaining all round. Main-event was good, women's match was good, Santino was Santino. Orton is maybe the best character in wrestling at the moment, in the take no bullshit from anyone yet still stay a heel role. Even Kane taking as much offence as he did from someone half his size wasn't damaging considering he actually did something to Mysterio on camera finally. Haas' segment was kinda corny, but yet it worked. And then the upset of Cade getting the relatively clean win in the main-event. Good show.

Poor Lance Cade is probably just happy to be wrestling on TV at this point, much less getting a win over the #1 Contender. When exactly was his last match? His 2 minute destruction of Paul London a few months back?