TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

The College Football Thread 9/25 - 9/27

The problem is that they obviously want to run Tebow less, but no one has stepped in to fill the void. Where's Chris Rainey? Where's Emmanuel Moody? Plus, I think Tebow really misses Cornelius Ingram on checkdowns.

Ole Miss will continue to blitz the Gators to death and the Gators will continue to make no adjustments to it. This is a coaching failure in every aspect of the game.

I think the Arkansas fans who ran Houston Nutt off last year are *REALLY* going to be regretting that by the end of the day, as Nutt will likely lead Ole Miss to a win over Florida while Arkansas gets ass-raped by Texas.

Anyone know what Spurrier is up to?

Spurrier is probably standing on a chair about to put his head in a noose, as South Carolina's got him on the brink of sanity.

Game over. After what happened last season and what is happening this week I'm starting to buy into those who think there's a lot more parity in Division I-A now. At least in conference play you can't just assume the alpha dogs are going win in a walk against weaker opponents.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Hey guys, I'm watching the first quarter of Notre Dame and Purdue, did I miss anything?

Ouch. I know the Tebow dive is great and all, but man oh man, I think I would have kicked the field goal there.

I think Urban Meyer was trying to pull a Les Miles and get a win by doing something crazy.

It didn't work.

(Miles continually ran Jacob Hester on 4th down against Florida last year, coming up with the 1st down each time on the way to a close win.)

That 4th down stop exemplified everything wrong with this coaching staff. This is a catastrophic loss for the Gators especially considering it is at home. Dan Mullen HAS to go as offensive co-ordinator. These problems have existed for all four years but have been swept under the rug for a while but I think today has really brought the horrid play calling to the forefront. I know many Gator fans have been extremely dissatisfied with Mullen but this game should make the screams for his firing quite loud in Gainesville.

I don't know that you attempt a 48 yard field goal there, especially when you had an extra point blocked earlier in the quarter. I might have preferred for them to do something a little more imaginative than a Tebow run up the gut, but that's hindsight for you. This one hurts, guys. I'm going to hear about this shit all night at work.

The Florida loss makes the Alabama/Georgia game that much bigger.

Yep...

If Georgia wins, they get a 1-game advantage over the Gators in the SEC East in addition to the #1 spot in the polls.

If Georgia loses, then the #1 team next week will probably be Oklahoma or LSU.

Mildly amusing sidenote to the Alabama/Georgia game: There's upwards of 100,000 people coming into Athens this weekend, but as of midnight Friday, there's not a gas station in town that has any available gasoline. I hope that pickup trucks with window flags run on Bud Light, or else a lot of people are going to be shit out of luck.

In other news, ECU's credibility will be going out the window today as they're down 41-24 to one win Houston, with two minutes left there