EliteXC: Heat

Kimbo Slice vs Ken Shamrock

Jake Shields (Champion) vs Paul Daley (Challenger) for the EliteXC WW Title

Gina Carano vs Kelly Kobald-Gavin

Murilo Rua vs Benji Radach

Andrei Arlovski vs Roy Nelson

Undercard

Christiane Santos vs Yoko Takahashi

Mike Aina vs Edston Berto (Rumored to be for the first EliteXC 145 lb. champ)

Seth Petruzelli vs Aaron Rosa

Crafton Wallce vs TBA

Lorenzo Borgomeo vs TBA

If Arlovski/Nelson doesn't pan out I'll remove it from the thread title but Sherdog is breaking the news that instead of being on the Affliction show in 2009 both fighters will be squaring off in a co-promoted fight on the CBS card.

So is this when Kimbo gets totally exposed? I know he was getting there with Thompson. How's Shamrock holding up at 44 years of age?

Still disappointed Carano isn't taking on Cyborg, but ah well.

Whaaaaa? That's out of nowhere. That's QUITE a step up in competition for good ol' Big Country... he might get stretchered.

Lushus, no, I think most believe that Kimbo should still win this fight.

Ken Shamrock: You know, we are sitting here, you and I, like a couple of regular fellas. You do what you do, and I do what I gotta do. And now that we've been face to face, if I'm there and I gotta put you away, I won't like it. But I tell you, if it's between you and some poor bastard whose wife you're gonna turn into a widow, brother, you are going down.

Kimbo Slice: There is a flip side to that coin. What if you do got me boxed in and I gotta put you down? Cause no matter what, you will not get in my way. We've been face to face, yeah. But I will not hesitate. Not for a second.

Haha!

This thing falls on my b-day, but since my partying with the boys all the time days are practically gone, I'm sure I'll be having folks over to the house to watch.

Rich is right and wrong. This fight will draw no doubt but to be presented in prime-time on a major network in the main event no less is an insult to what constitutes a mixed martial arts competition.

FAT GINA STRIKES AGAIN!

Carano came in at 142.75 and needed two subsequent tries afterwards to make 141.

And yes, she had to strip naked and be covered by a towel.

Considering she actually made the limit (or at least one pound above with an allowance) of the weight class (largely made up for her sake), it's an improvement for her.

Good to see her finally overcome such a harsh system. *rolleyessmileyfacething*

Only female athletes, who consistently produce less entertaining and athleticly inferior versions of most sports, whose audiences end up featuring broad sections of males (and sometimes dykes) who view said athletes as little more than eye candy.

It was just a coincidence. He was actually crying that Liborio is cutting him off at an even dozen bolos between training sessions.

*insert Carano comparison*

Only female athletes, who consistently produce less entertaining and athleticly inferior versions of most sports, whose audiences end up featuring broad sections of males (and sometimes dykes) who view said athletes as little more than eye candy.

Thats weird, cus your BUTT buddy Jordan Breen absolutely loves womens MMA.

Thats weird, cus your BUTT buddy Jordan Breen absolutely loves womens MMA.

White people are weird.

There were also two altercations to report. Paul Daley and Jake Shields both weighed in and made the weight limit for their 170 pound title fight. Everything was cool until they had to square off for the cameras.

“Semtex” immediately started in with the trash talking. Shields didn’t take too kindly to the disrespect, and there was some pushing and shoving that followed. Both guys looked heated when they were finally separated.

That fight is going to be all fireworks tomorrow night. These two definitely have no love lost.

Finally, after everybody else got up there, Shamrock and Kimbo weighed in for their main event fight. When it came time to square off Kimbo refused to look Shamrock in the eye. Instead he flexed his arms and stared out at the crowd.

When the camera lights stopped flashing, the Miami native turned around and started walking off the stage. Shamrock didn’t like that one bit and screamed out, “don’t turn your back on me” and shoved him hard in the back.

Shit hit the fan at that point. Bas Rutten was trying to get at Shamrock. Kimbo’s posse went nuts. Kimbo was furious. It was insane.

Ken Shamrock might have just dug his own grave with that little stunt. We’ll find out tomorrow night.

Hey, finally a controversial weigh-in. It's been a while.