TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BX

So, what's your job?

Marvin, I work at an orthopedic shoe stores. Crocs ain't shit, son. Rock a pair of $400 hand-made Finnamic shoes from Germany and THEN talk about comfort.

Those shoes arent slip/oil resistant and can be thrown in the washer to clean after a day of spilling crap all over em now can they? The Crocs are also much more comfortable than the $100 pair of slip resistant shoes I had prior, partly because the Crocs weigh next to nothing and it doesn't feel like I have anything on my feet vs the $100's feeling like I was wearing tanks on my feet all day.

Marvin, I work at an orthopedic shoe stores. Crocs ain't shit, son. Rock a pair of $400 hand-made Finnamic shoes from Germany and THEN talk about comfort.

Those shoes arent slip/oil resistant and can be thrown in the washer to clean after a day of spilling crap all over em now can they? The Crocs are also much more comfortable than the $100 pair of slip resistant shoes I had prior, partly because the Crocs weigh next to nothing and it doesn't feel like I have anything on my feet vs the $100's feeling like I was wearing tanks on my feet all day.

Crocs aren't safe in the kitchen Marvin, especially when they go against Health and Safety regulations.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I used to walk around barefoot at Arby's. I quit/fired over it.

"Gene, why aren't you wearing shoes? Put them on!"

"Because I'm stoned."

"...........You have to put your shoes on."

"You want to fire me and close this shithole by yourself?"

"....Just put your shoes on, man."

"Nah, I'm cool. I quit, too."

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Do you wear shoes in your kitchen at home? Do your roommates? It's not like I was measuring beef with my toes.

We were closing and I took my shoes off. Big deal.

Crocs aren't safe in the kitchen Marvin, especially when they go against Health and Safety regulations.

They are Bistro Crocs, specifically made for a kitchen and were inspired by and endorsed by Chef Mario Batali. They are closed toed (as opposed to the open toe normal Crocs) and have a slip resistant bottom.

31gRarqW8sL._AA280_.jpg

mine sadly are a plain black though

My shoe fetish has been well documented here, but I actually have no Crocs. I could use some. If I need to throw on shoes quickly, it will be my Puma slides, but I still don't even feel right wearing them without socks.

Should get some pink Crocs. I'd swear I've actually seen rainbow ones, but I can't be sure.

I work at Quickflix, pretty much an Australian Netflix, but there's no relation to the two companies that I know of.

Guest Vitamin X

Yeah I have a pair of black Skechers flip flops that are plenty comfortable on their own, fuck a Croc.

I can't remember the last time I wore anything but Converses on my feet, but I fear they may compliment the rest of my wardrobe better than the long red boots I plan to purchase ultimately would.

I'm unemployed and nobody will hire me because I've never had a job before. Seriously, I got turned away from bloody Argos for this reason.

One of the Google ads up there is for "Shoes For Crews." I had a pair of these once and quite liked them. I used to walk five miles roundtrip for work each day and they held up nicely. Good on the feet and back.

Nighthawk- On principle I agree but these are physiological shoes that deal with back, knee and hip problems. In terms of expensive shoes my biggest purchase was a $350 pair of Cole Haans and those only get busted out for serious nights out/weddings/funerals.

Guest Tzar Lysergic
I can't remember the last time I wore anything but Converses on my feet, but I fear they may compliment the rest of my wardrobe better than the long red boots I plan to purchase ultimately would.

I'm unemployed and nobody will hire me because I've never had a job before. Seriously, I got turned away from bloody Argos for this reason.

Have you tried shit like McDonalds or Wal Mart?

Make up a job. When I regularly get fired, I just list my last job as my sisters company, rather than the company that fired me.

You only have to get away with it once, then you've got yourself a real job to reference in the future.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Yeah, or lie. Give them Dave's phone number or something and say you worked for AAA Design or Top-Notch Auto Glass or whatever the hell. No one gives a fuck.

Guest C*Z*E*C*H

Back to shoes: I got a new pair of running shoes and they're great. My old pair was four years old and I duct-taped them together to keep them alive. Now that I broke the new pair in, I feel like I'm floating.

I think the TSM Fashion thread would be a good idea.

I'm a self-employed/freelance videographer for weddings, class reunions, shit like that. At the moment I'm working for a guy in Granite City doing a promotional DVD for his MMA training. Other than that, I've never had a real job.

Yeah, take the shoe talk out of my fuckin' thread.

This ain't "So, what's your shoe size?" or something.

I develop software for a company called Datanet Solutions. Our main product is a program that uses check scanners to scan in checks and remittance stubs together. The checks are sent directly to the federal reserve, and the remittance stubs are forever associated with the checks, and are digitally archived.

We're a hit with municipal governments and water districts.

I'm a proposal manager for an insidious research/defense contractor in D.C. And I'm working till dawn on a proposal tonight! Talk to you guys at, like, 4 am.

Do you do DARPA stuff? You may know someone I know (not the person I already know that you know that I know).

Anyway, I'm a graduate assistant and I work at the farmer's market once a week.

The graduate assistantship gives me tuition waiver, stipend, and health insurance. The farmer's market work gives me some spending money plus free food. Otherwise it's just mooching off the wife for the 1.5-4 years it will take me to finish this stint in graduate school.

I wish we did DARPA stuff. That would be fucking cool. We're more of the "teach the military how to use Microsoft Word and not to pee down their own legs" kind of guys.

Also, gtd drained that one from downtown.

New media designer for Toronto General & Toronto Western Hospitals -- graphic design, web design, digital video, etc. My title is manager and even though I have staff under me, I still do the bulk of the work.. and here I thought being a manager meant I got to slack off and tell people that they need to come in on Sunday to file some TPS reports. ;)

Oh, I also freelance when I have the time. I've done some work down south and have some clients in Tokyo as well. Good times! Hoping I can one day make that my fulltime gig.

Yeah, or lie. Give them Dave's phone number or something and say you worked for AAA Design or Top-Notch Auto Glass or whatever the hell. No one gives a fuck.

Van de Lay Industries.