TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jaxxson Mayhem

Family Guy

I only caught about half of last week's new episode. It was decent enough for what I saw. I have yet to be able to sit through an entire episode of American Dad.

The Bird is the Word got fucking ANNOYING after the first time. I swear sometimes I don't know why I waste a half hour of my time watching something that only Seth MacFarlane finds funny.

Yeah, American Dad has completely surpassed Family Guy. Every episode is epic.

Second

For me it's almost exactly the same scenario as when Futurama came about and as it got better while Simpsons got worse, I just quit watching Simpsons (for a time, as it did pick back up in quality around 05 or so. Not quite like the 92-97 era, but still much better than 99-03).

Point is, I don't even bother watching the new FG eps anymore.

I am diehard Family Guy fan, but this episode was horrible. The Bird is the word thing was bad the first time. No Quagmire (Or Joe for that matter). Worst episode I have ever seen, and I have seen them all.

I still think the worst Family Guy episode was the one with Tom Brady. That whole "Shobobbie" dance number was painful to watch.

I actually found this episode funnier with the "Bird Is The Word" song then with the Jesus stuff. I cracked up at the Office Space scene.

And quite a weak effort from American Dad this week. Wasn't really into the whole Roger's wife story.

I did laugh at the Office Space thing. It is like Stewie and Brian came to play this year and nobody else did. Yes, I know it is a cartoon haha. I actually liked the Shapoopie thing was funny in it's own way.

On a side note (and had last year's thread not failed and ended up buried, partially due to the strike, I would have started a Fox Sunday Night 2008/2009 thread), Simpsons was pretty good tonight.

Dennis Leary was great, I loved how Bart sent him Derek Jeter and New York Yankees stuff, although it always feels weird seeing The Simpsons do something that people today do, like use cellphones that have a bunch of extra shit on them. It's much better when episodes feature songs from the 70's and old movies are referenced.

I still think the worst Family Guy episode was the one with Tom Brady. That whole "Shobobbie" dance number was painful to watch.

It isn't good, but nowhere near the worst though. It did have one of my favorite FG lines

"Hey he's not a cowboy... look, this hat comes right off!"

Last week's episode was very good and didn't suffer from excessive "This is worse than the time..." jokes. I also liked how Peter was a bit player in that episode. He gets irritating if he dominates too much of the show.

I stopped watching this week's after the second act. Outside of the Office Space bit, this was doing anything for me. McFarlane has this habit of incorporating his personal beliefs on certain subjects into FG and then beating you over the head with it. I don't necessarily disagree with him on most matters, but this method often makes for a preachy show with an agenda.

It isn't good, but nowhere near the worst though. It did have one of my favorite FG lines

"Hey he's not a cowboy... look, this hat comes right off!"

Yeah, that's a bad episode, but does have the classic Stewie "where's my money, man." bit

Am I wrong in thinking that song was a feature part of "Back to the Beach?" I had heard the song before that movie, but I always think of that movie when I hear the song.

And I'll also throw in that American Dad was more or less unwatchable

Seconded. I use to love American Dad but the past two seasons have been horrible. I just can't get into Roger dominated episodes and can stand Stan for only so long.

I think I had succeeded in pushing Shaboopie into the back of my mind before you guys brought it up again. That's still the worst thing Family Guy has EVER done, followed very closely by The Bird is the Word. I enjoy watching the reruns and such, but sometimes Seth goes way over the top with the musical bits.

I think I had succeeded in pushing Shaboopie into the back of my mind before you guys brought it up again. That's still the worst thing Family Guy has EVER done, followed very closely by The Bird is the Word. I enjoy watching the reruns and such, but sometimes Seth goes way over the top with the musical bits.

I HATE the shaboopie.

What's up with the Cleveland show? Why him? He's not even that funny. I mean I think a show about Joe would be infinitely funnier, then again I just love Patrick Warburton.