TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

The College Football Thread 9/30 - 10/4

College Football Poll  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which Unbeaten is Most Likely to Lose?

• #1 Oklahoma (at Baylor)
    • #2 Alabama (vs. Kentucky)
    • #4 Missouri (at Nebraska)
    • #5 Texas (at Colorado)
    • #6 Penn State (at Purdue)
    • #7 Texas Tech (at Kansas State)

What a HORRIBLE onside kick attempt by Kentucky.

When you just LAUNCH the ball out of balls in the air, horrible doesn't begin to describe your onside kick attempt. Meanwhile Florida State has been doing everything in their power to lose to Miami.

Not only that but they have a quarterback Christian Ponder who can only be safely called Chris Rix Jr.

It figures that the one week I decide not to go to Charlottesville is the week UVA finds their offense. 21-0 at the half, with Maryland looking nothing like the bunch who dominated Cal and beat Clemson.

Alabama seems to have problems putting a complete 4 quarters together under Saban.

LSU seemed to have that problem as well under him.

Is this a case of Saban not using rotations of key players enough to keep them fresh throughout the game?

BTW, LSU probably picks up the 2nd slot this week due to Bama's poor 2nd half performance against Kentucky.

USC is currently down 7-0 to Oregon at home, though they've got the ball in the red zone right now.

EDIT - Oregon 7, USC 3

Auburn-Vandy is coming down the final snap.

Vandy is up 14-13 with about 2:15 left in the 4th and about to punt to Auburn.

Edit 1- GREAT punt... Vandy downs it at the Auburn 1.

Edit 2- On the 1st play of Auburn's drive, Vandy intercepts at around the 30. This game is effectively over.

BOW DOWN TO YOUR NEW FOOTBALL GOD VANDERBILT!

So is this the Apocalypse?

Not until Vandy sews up the SEC East.

At that point, watch out for a guy riding a pale horse.

Let's see Maryland barely beats Delaware, loses to Middle Tennessee but then beats Cal and Clemson. So I guess that means they'll lose to Virginia next week.

Hey I called it! Bound to be right about something one of these days.

Three Badgers drill a Buckeye receiver at the exact same time to force a fumble (which Wisconsin recovers) and knock the receiver into the next county. That was pretty fun to watch.

Three Badgers drill a Buckeye receiver at the exact same time to force a fumble (which Wisconsin recovers) and knock the receiver into the next county. That was pretty fun to watch.

Damn, I'm sorry I missed that.

The announcer on ABC had to declare "USC is back!" after they went up 27-10 on Oregon. I wonder if Mike Goldberg has a new job? Because he always declares a fighter is back when they lose one fight and then win the next.

I was unaware USC went anywhere, and I guess beating Oregon means they're back as #1? Stupid announcers.

Mark Sanchez's bad knee got rolled up by an Oregon defender. I think he's done for the year.

Pete Caroll needs to learn to pull his starters out when he's up by 27 near the end of the 3rd quarter.

Jim Tressel learned that one in a painful way when he lost Beanie for nearly a month after leaving him in against a scrub.

Nick Saban learned that one after losing Matt Mauck for the year in 2002 when LSU was stomping the piss out of Florida in The Swamp.

And he's already back in the game or is it 2009 already? :)

I'm still waiting for Mitch Mustain's mom to go all Tonya Harding and hire someone to take out Sanchez's knee.

I'm glad they switched to Wisconsin vs. Ohio State. Somehow a USC fan worked his way into the broadcast booth and was doing color commentary. They need to watch that better, on-air personalities are supposed to be impartial. They shouldn't let fans get ahold of the headset.

Good day for my Sooners. Glad they were able to go out and roll Baylor. The Red River Shootout has me very very worried though. Nobody is talking about Texas but they've looked really good in all of their games. I expect Bradford and McCoy to put on a show.

Outside of Vandy beating Auburn, this was one uneventful and pretty boring Saturday.

Did you miss Demayrius Thomas' huge performance against Duke? 230 receiving yards for a team that only passed it 14 times the whole game. I suppose I am in the minority on people who got up early to watch Georgia Tech play Duke though. Anyway, I ended up enjoying this Saturday quite a bit even if it was because most of the games went my way.

Mark Sanchez's bad knee got rolled up by an Oregon defender. I think he's done for the year.

Pete Caroll needs to learn to pull his starters out when he's up by 27 near the end of the 3rd quarter.

Jim Tressel learned that one in a painful way when he lost Beanie for nearly a month after leaving him in against a scrub.

Nick Saban learned that one after losing Matt Mauck for the year in 2002 when LSU was stomping the piss out of Florida in The Swamp.

And let's not forget Shula a few years back going for it on fourth against Florida despite being up big and Prothro breaking his leg on the play.

Here's my new Top 25 through Week 6:

(Previous week's ranking in parenthesis)

1. Oklahoma 5-0 (1)

2. Alabama 6-0 (2)

3. Missouri 5-0 (3)

4. Texas 5-0 (6)

5. LSU 4-0 (5)

6. Texas Tech 5-0 (7)

7. Penn State 6-0 (5)

8. USC 3-1 (9)

9. BYU 5-0 (8)

10. Florida 4-1 (10)

11. Ohio State 5-1 (12)

12. Georgia 4-1 (13)

13. Vanderbilt 5-0 (21)

14. Virginia Tech 5-1 (14)

15. Utah 6-0 (17)

16. Georgia Tech 4-1 (22)

17. Kansas 4-1 (15)

18. Boise State 4-0 (18)

19. California 4-1 (24)

20. Oklahoma State 5-0 (25)

21. Kentucky 4-1 (23)

22. North Carolina 4-1 (NR)

23. TCU 5-1 (NR)

24. South Florida 5-1 (11)

25. Tulsa 5-0 (NR)

Close: Florida State, Auburn, Wake Forest, Ball State, Illinois, Michigan State, Arizona

And let's not forget Shula a few years back going for it on fourth against Florida despite being up big and Prothro breaking his leg on the play.

I don't think it quite sunk in with Shula... didn't he lose Brodie Croyle later that year because he fucked up his arm against some scrub I-AA team like Western Carolina? Or was that a different season?

Western Carolina? Scrub 1-AA team? Your woeful lack of familiarity with the proud Catamount tradition in beautiful Culowhee is showing, friend.

Culowhee is located in a dry county and is noteworthy only for its KFC, which boldly advertises something called "Gizzards Wednesday." Commonly heard questions in Culowhee include "What the hell is a catamount?" "Where can I get some booze?" and "Why didn't I instead enroll at either UNC Asheville or App State in Boone?"

I love I-AA football where scores like the following can be put up...

Liberty 43 vs. Coastal Carolina 38

Stephen F. Austin 48 vs. SE Louisiana 45

McNeese State 46 vs. South Dakota State 44 (3 Overtimes)

Bobby Reid Weekly Watch: 38/64 for 481 yards and 4 TD with 54 yards and 1 TD rushing

Ryan Perrilloux Weekly Watch: 16/22 for 239 yards and 2 TD vs. 1 INT with 6 yards rushing