TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nighthawk

Fashion

We'll begin with my Cosby sweaters.

46ed6bf06a07.jpeg

632f86bca345.jpeg

23e8692985d0.jpeg

This one, I don't think Bill would rock it, but I'd be remiss not to show it off:

4c3842e689c9.jpeg

Once I'm not just at home by myself, with an actual camera instead of a phone, I can provide more action shots. But here is a taste of just one of my classic outfits:

f4280e74a847.jpeg

As the seasons are changing here are some things I'm looking to pick up for fall/winter:

A nice peacoat

A few nice sweaters... at least one argyle to wear over my dress shirts to work

I think I could also use a nice new scarf for the cold.

Guest Vitamin X

I'm looking at getting a nice peacoat as well. I'm a pretty big fan of the dressy top/casual bottom sort of look, wearing some sort of dress shirt and jeans, and then some decent shoes. I like hats a lot as well, although I've mostly only been wearing them for the past year or so. They make a good replacement for hoodies when it's out raining all the time, unless it's colder.

I have an excellent belted trench coat (in the brown to olive green area... more Jim Gordon than Columbine) that it's rarely cold enough to wear.

When it comes to coats, the highlight is probably these:

80f8c0aff8e8.jpeg

People on the street offer to buy this off me all the time.

Or, if the situation calls for something a little more festive:

cda373010bfd.jpeg

Note as well that almost my entire wardrobe is thrift store acquired. The Paris sweater up there wasn't, I paid about $80 for that. Also note that although all my sweaters are gaudy, the one I'm wearing in the picture there is an actual Coogi, the kind Bill often actually did wear. That would be a $300 or $400 sweater, new.

I've had a pea coat I bought from military surplus for a few years now. Great jacket, but I was getting kind of bored with it so I bought something new for this year:

AAAAAhnDFhYAAAAAAMVmiQ.jpg

I also have a white Sean John snorkel parka w/ a faux fur-lined hood, but I only bust that out for special occasions.

I had a stretch where I had a collection of workshirts/uniforms from places where I didn't (and never did) work. They included Subway and Toys'R'Us. I was really jealous of my buddy's 7-11 shirt, bought under a similar pretext.

I have some shirts like that, only instead of places I never worked, it's just shirts with names that aren't mine. Other people's little league baseball shirts, other people's bowling shirts, things like that.

Cut-offs every day. Black vans slip ons with a hole in the right big toe every day. Usually a band t-shirt. I have a couple of solid-colored hoodies, a red cardigan, and a couple of plaid button-ups in western cut.

Cargo shorts a very day. Varying shoes. I have all black Shox that I can't find anywhere and want desparately to replace, some white/black/yellow Shox and white/black/yellow Asics. Typically just a regular polo shirt to work with an UnderArmour shirt underneath.

Casually, I don't dress all that differently. I have 20-30 pair of cargo shorts, tons of teeshirts and a few pairs of sneakers. That's pretty much my wardrobe.

I have one nice pair of dress slacks, two really nice dress shirts (one black, one white) and a suit jacket that has a giant cut in the back (there's a story there). But the last time I wore any of it was almost two years ago.

EDIT: I used to be big into wearing jerseys, but most of the ones I wore are hockey sweaters, which are difficult to wear in Florida. Most of my teeshirts are sports-related though.

Why? Black, khaki, some dark greens and blues. Some have different styles of pockets. I like to wear clean shorts.

Do laundry. You can get by with 7, okay, factor in a rough week, 10.

Contributing to the thread, I'm a t-shirt and jeans guy. I hit the DI (Utah Thrift store) for old school logo stuff, or just find things that amuse me on-line. I bought the Cena 8-bit shirt, just because it's amused me, I have a Cobra Kai shirt, and some other Threadless born fruit. I have a lot of just plain old uniform colored t's.

On my feet, I'm either wearing my Havaiiana's flip-flops or my hi-top sneaks. I've always wanted a pair of Chuck Taylors, but never can find some my size in the stores that sell them around here.

I've seen pbone wear long pants.

As for me, I never wear shorts. Ever. My jeans are all pretty generic blues. Then I have various pants in odd colors. And some navy dockers with the cuffs frayed all to hell, I love them to death. They're the most comfortable pants in the world.

My tshirts are a topic all their own, I have some awesome ones. I have as many nice button up shirts, some polo. Every one is weird or eye catching in some way. I have like one neutral outfit for like a funeral or something.

Also note that although all my sweaters are gaudy, the one I'm wearing in the picture there is an actual Coogi, the kind Bill often actually did wear. That would be a $300 or $400 sweater, new.

Really? I mean, fuck. You and Cosby pull off that look, but those sweaters by themselves are hideous.

EDIT: I mean Cosby sweaters in general, not the rest of the sweaters you posted.

Cut-offs? Really?

Most people think of Tobias Fünke, but they're not from blue-jeans, they're from grey pants. They're somewhat fashionable in the bike culture, and I like wearing them more than pants. I inherited the "I get hot way too quickly" gene from my dad.

I think I spend too much money on hoodies, all things considered. I have about 6 of them by my last count.

I'm one of those guys who can't rock the hoodie as I come off looking like a pedophile in them. Or a serial killer.

For work, my office is pretty laid back, so I either wear polo shirt with jeans or khakis, depending on that I'm doing to be doing that day. Occasionally I do have to wear a shirt and tie.

For out of work/weekend fashion, I'm a lot like the Max with t-shirts/cargo shorts. Since its starting to get colder out, it'll be time to break out the hoodies. I have a bad habit of wearing shorts in the winter, but know to wear long pants when I'm going out. But I'll be damned if I wear them if I'm just going to hang out at my house or with my friends at their place.

My work is pretty lax when it comes to dress. I can rock jeans, khaki's or cords and the shirt is usually just a polo or a short/long-sleeved button up. My boss rocks Hugo Boss almost exclusively so I always pale in comparison to him but it's better then being the suit-and-tie office monkey look I had at my old work.

My favorite article of clothing is my Ireland World Cup zip-up warmup jacket.

Hoodies:

Battle Royale

The Residents: just has a picture of a top-hatted eye on the back, Residents logo on the front. People ask about this a lot, but alas, they don't make them anymore! (I just saw that they are making the Mr. Skull shirts again. Should get one)

NWA: made this one myself by sewing a large NWA logo onto the back of a plain black one. It's a 3XL, so it swims on me, but good if I need to feel swaddled.

A high quality pull-over red one (I believe the brand is South Pole) that I'm going to sew something on at some point.

I have way too much Tommy Hilfiger and IZOD clothing. The Tommy clothing is from when I worked there and got a good deal on stuff, while most of my IZOD clothing is golf apperal.

My checking account would be respectable if I didn't have a slight obsession with clothing. I'm not into the whole cookie cutter A&F look most white guys my age rock, so I've got to do a lot of mixing and matching from other sources. I invariably wind up with hoodies and shirts that have at least modest urban ties (that's one way of putting it), but nothing gaudy.

Of the top of my head, I've got seven or eight hoodies I wear or will wear when it gets cool out, four or five pairs of jeans, 15 pairs of sneakers, and between 15-20 t-shirts (excluding your basic solid shirts). I've got a closet full of collared shirts from when I worked at the city's newspaper last year, too.

I got several compliments on what I wore today (basic royal blue Zoo York hoody with white zipper, matching blue Keds, and a pair of dark tint jeans). Like I said, you need to get creative with putting together a wardrobe when you aren't content wearing the same stripped polos and t-shirts with eagles slapped on them.

You wanna check out some cats who are REAL into their fashion, give a look over at Styleforum.net. Holy shit. Don't wear ANYTHING with a visible logo, don't ever buy mall jeans, and for the love of god, please buy some really hideous sweaters.