TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nighthawk

Fashion

I found a really similar jacket last week. Unfortunately, it would have been far too large. I already have a leather jacket, but it isn't really what I was looking for when I shopped for one and I'd like to replace it.

You'll say I'm a complete homo - Abercrombie, American Eagle, Hollister is about 90% of my nice stuff. Lately I've been trying to branch out of those stores, but every birthday and Christmas I get a ton of gift money for them.

I have a draw full of muscle-T's and long-sleeve thermals, a closet full of polos and button downs and a pile of jeans. Skate shoes top it off.

I also have a shelf full of college hats, which I sometimes will wear to match my shirt.

And when I'm lounging, it's gym shorts or sweats and one of my numerous hoodies. I'm also a fan of track jackets.

I've been looking for a specific watch for a while that I can't find.

When it's warm enough, it's flip flops 24-7.

Adidas Dare is currently my favorite cologne.

I recently decided to remove T-shirts from my daily wardrobe. Short sleeve button-ups are fine, but no more new T-shirts, unless it's a solid-color shirt that will look good underneath a sweater. I still have a few T-shirts in my closet that are in perfectly wearable condition, so I still put on one occasionally, but that's it. This change was inspired by my decision to no longer wear band T-shirts and it sort of grew into a "hey, why not say no to all T-shirts," which itself is not unlike the time I went several years without wearing denim because I decided I never wanted to wear blue jeans again. Anyway, as it happens, the rare occasion I put on a T-shirt it's usually a band shirt, like this Flight of the Conchords shirt a friend gave me a year or so back. It's also the only article of clothing I presently own that moves strangers to comment on it. "Hey, cool shirt!" and the like. I suppose I shouldn't give the impression as if I'll never buy/wear one again. I probably will, much like how I caved in and started wearing blue jeans again.

I mentioned sweaters. I have a couple of lightweight sweaters that I really like. I'm wearing one of them right now. Bulky sweaters have their place, yes—I have a cream-colored one I wore just the other day—but I really like these sleek and stylish ones.

my decision to no longer wear band T-shirts

Was this due to aging? (Not meant as an insult).

I've noticed that people use a lot less discretion when giving band t-shirts as gifts than they would with other items of clothing. I have four of them that I could only wear around the house when the people who bought them for me are visiting.

Guest Czech please!

I'm a sweater fan too, Inc, sleek and bulky alike. I'm really excited about now owning two cardigans.

Oh, cashmere is fantastic. Too bad you'll go fucking broke trying to get the good stuff. A nice alternative is the cotton-cashmere blend at J. Crew. It's reasonably priced and is of a much higher quality than really cheap cashmere. It's the workingman's alternative.

Like Czech, I also recently acquired a cardigan. I was extremely reticent about this item working it's way back into popular fashion. However, I went ahead and bought a gray one late in the fall and it has been a staple of my wardrobe since. It's so versatile.

Oh, cashmere is fantastic. Too bad you'll go fucking broke trying to get the good stuff. A nice alternative is the cotton-cashmere blend at J. Crew. It's reasonably priced and is of a much higher quality than really cheap cashmere. It's the workingman's alternative.

Oh I just checked and mine's actually an cotton-cashmere blend. I feel a lot less fancy now :(

Btw y'all, I highly recommend Timberland boots for all your winter footwear needs. I originally purchased mine because of the image (I wanted to look like a Mobb Deep video), but I've found them to be extremely practical. They're really warm and super-sturdy. If you put some Dr. Scholl's insoles in them they're pretty much the perfect shoe.

Btw y'all, I highly recommend Timberland boots for all your winter footwear needs. I originally purchased mine because of the image (I wanted to look like a Mobb Deep video), but I've found them to be extremely practical. They're really warm and super-sturdy. If you put some Dr. Scholl's insoles in them they're pretty much the perfect shoe.

Good call. I actually wear these bad boys during winter months:

AAAAAr3s9swAAAAAAKYYvA.jpg

They are a nice, sturdy, waterproof boot by Timberland. Thankfully the style is such that I can wear them with bootcut jeans and not look like a rapper or transplanted mountain hick.

Sweaters are probably my favorite article of clothing. In the winter months, sweater + dress shirt is my standard office wear. Parties, too. The versatility, the classiness! I also wear far too much argyle lately.

Guest Czech please!
I can wear them with bootcut jeans and not look like a rapper or transplanted mountain hick.

Boy, there's a Venn diagram.

The idea of emulating a Mobb Deep video is one of those things that has never occurred nor will ever occur to me.

I just got a bunch of argyle sweaters too!!!! Moss green, slate blue, and a black merino wool one!

Guest Vitamin X

Cheech and I have similar footwear tastes. I actually wear Lugz instead of Timberlands, but no real brand preference. I just got a pair of decent Lugz from a Ross or something a few years back and liked the style of shoe enough to keep wearing them. I usually have these on:

4996001_w.jpg

And these are pretty much exactly like the ones I got a long time ago that I still wear on occasion because they're really broken in and comfortable, although they don't look very good anymore.

Lugz34blct.jpg

Guest Vitamin X

Also, I hate to say it, but I'm not a huge sweater fan- maybe it's the Pacific Northwester side of me, but I've always been way more partial to hoodies than something I'll need a couple layers and a hat for. Much more practical when you walk around all the time in this weather.

Re: Short sleeve button down t-shirts.

These are ok, but never ever with a tie. I hate when someone is in a formal enough situation where a tie is needed, but they opt for a short sleeve shirt. That's retarded.

Also, I either wear white Chuck Taylors or flip flops.

It only recently occured to me to match my attire to the season. I think I'd like some white jeans for the summer, but you can only really find that colour in drainpipes in the UK. This wouldn't be a problem, but I already own both skin tights and 'slim jeans'. I don't want to come across like a fag.