TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nighthawk

Fashion

Cheech and I have similar footwear tastes. I actually wear Lugz instead of Timberlands, but no real brand preference. I just got a pair of decent Lugz from a Ross or something a few years back and liked the style of shoe enough to keep wearing them. I usually have these on:

4996001_w.jpg

And these are pretty much exactly like the ones I got a long time ago that I still wear on occasion because they're really broken in and comfortable, although they don't look very good anymore.

Lugz34blct.jpg

You might want to consider these for your next purchase:

985-15055-d.jpg

It's a cleaner, more traditional look than you might find with Lugz, but I'd guess that the wallabee style runs parallel to your tastes in footwear. They're made by Clarks. Solid brand.

I buy mine from Topman, which is the British clothing shop for young indie twats. A lot of hoodies are pretty terrible though. I'll concede that.

I've gotten into sweaters recently, myself. I have a few that have the 1/4 zipper so you can wear a button down underneath, then your cuffs stick out so I fold them over the sweater cuffs and push them up to my elbows. It's quite the fall/winter look. Especially when I have my leather jacket/scarf combo on over it.

1147_9317_043.jpg

+

18834_01_900_x.jpg

= Quite a snazzy ensemble.

I'm amassing a collection of sweaters. Oakland decided to do away with winter all together, so instead of it being 45 right now, it's 75.

They're made by Clarks. Solid brand.

Yeah

Yo son we gotta take it and go get the Clarks man

Yo, check it out, yo

Yo, I got a new, wooooo!!! Niggaz don't even know son

Yo check the joint

Boom, yo I got a crazy idea how to do Clarks now

Check it out, boom, this how you freak em, boom

You go get you go get the cream joints right? Boom

Now now, all you all you dye, is this shit right here

Boom, and this, yaknowhatI'msayin? Any color you want

But it'd be like, blue and cream, yaknowhatI'msayin?

Shit like that, niggaz don't even know this stuff

Word is bond I'ma rock niggaz this summer, on the real

KnowhatI'msayin? Yo son, I had crazy visions

Check it out check it out check it out, boom

Just imagine if you buy, ooooh!! Check it out

Just imagine you bought navy blue, right

A navy blue, a navy blue pair right, boom

Of this, of this shit, knowhatI'msayin?

But dye gold top and got cream on top

Then you can have any color like

But you gotta drip it like it's marble cake...

E-Mac, there's no such thing as too much argyle in my book.

I just bought these shoes and I'm enjoying sporting them with my new grown up clothing. I'll be 26 soon, and I've decided to start dressing more like I'm 30 and less like I'm 20.

26_adelfred_97_2.jpg

Pick-ups for the week:

115a.jpg

Much-needed socks x Nike Air Force 1's 07 x Old Navy Flannel x Manifest "Boyz in the Hyundai" Tee x Levi's 501 STF. I wish the 501's didn't have such tapered leg openings, because I love the raw denim. I'm trying to move away from boot-cut jeans, though, unless I'm actually wearing boots or chunky shoes.

Jumping into this sweater conversation, I'm all for slimmer cut models. Great for layer. It's tough to mess up the collared shirt-sweater combo.

I've got a couple cardigans in my arsenal. My favorite's not a traditional model, though. Thin cotton and paired with a hood.

czech's sweater post with illustration is one of the best things i've ever seen on this board. funny motherfucker.

i went kicking and screaming out of grubby band t-shirts into polo shirts (short and long sleeve), about 3 years ago.

i made a new year's resolution that i would wear something "nice" on the days that i teach class. so now, 2 days a week i shave and get snazzed out in a dress shirt (complete with collar stays) and khakis or brown dress pants. but not too nice: no tie, and i always roll up the sleeves.

this is a big deal for me, as i used to just come in a polo shirt and khakis or jeans. it's done wonders for my self-confidence. i can look people in the eye now, and i get compliments on how i look.

i hate sweaters. no pockets, and your only option if you get a little hot is to take it off. where do you put your ipod when you're walking down the street??? in your pants pocket??? i got my wallet and my phone in those bitches, i can't have no more weight and volume there. i just use a light fleece jacket (actually the inner layer of another heavier jacket that i took out), which either goes well on its own in fallish weather, or can go under something else.

this is a big deal for me, as i used to just come in a polo shirt and khakis or jeans. it's done wonders for my self-confidence. i can look people in the eye now, and i get compliments on how i look.

Is this a joke? Not trying to be crass, but I figured as a guy as educated and accomplished as you seem to be that you wouldn't have issues with simple social issues like a lack of anxiety or being able to look someone in the eye.

Nowhere there did I say it did. The point is a guy that's teaching a university level lecture, considering all the work that he's put in to get there, would have the self-confidence in his accomplishments (so you'd think) required to not be nervous speaking in public. But it's a good thing he was joking!

Guest Agent of Oblivion

It needs to warm up just a little so I can quit wearing shoes. Am I the only barefoot enthusiast here? Looks like most of you homos dress like Mr. Rogers.

My winter wardrobe:

Orange and gray raincoat, gray painter's jacket, jeans, sneakers. Standard t-shirts.

So here I am, sitting in an Abercrombie muscle T ($30), Hollister sweats ($40), and an American Eagle zip up hoodie ($50) realizing I have a) too many clothes, b) too many clothes from the same stores, and c) spend too much money.

Well, the sweats and the hoodie were gifts but you get the idea.

I'm sitting in my boxers and socks ($1) and my kick ass T-Shirt from BlueNotes ($5). Which is weird because I never shop in the mall but went into the store and found a T-Shirt I actually loved on for so cheap. Of course all the other shirts that I didn't like were like $20 each. That's some luck.

Anyways, you get the idea. I have a weird taste in clothing and I'm cheap.

...I don't know if my boxers and socks were actually $1.