TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
fazzle

WWE Raw - September 29, 2008

I don't much care for the new DX graphic overlays they've used since the switch to HD. It needs more grainy stripper videos and bridge demolitions.

All you suggesting Haas be part of the Main event are as Special Ed as the writing crew

Would it really be much more of a joke than Cade being a main eventer?

At least he fits into a storyline, and isn't portrayed as a comedy figure

Enjoyed the 8 man tag tonight but I have to wonder if Rey/Bourne would be a better match than Punk/Kofi for Team Priceless. They do need to get Rey away from Kane as soon as possible and not even think of having him lose the mask. Did they learn nothing from WCW's debacles circa 1999?

The finish to the main event was goofy. When I figured it would be HHH as the partner I figured Cade would eat a Sweet Chin Music and then a Pedigree. After this angle plays out I might suggest trading Cade to SD for someone. As the rosters are currently assembled Raw has too many cookie cutter vanilla white boys like Orton, Rhodes, Dibiase, Cade, etc. SD has a bunch of black guys all of similar size and position on the card (Truth, MVP, Shelton). Since MVP is mostly being jobbed out on SD, trade him for Cade.

Enjoyed the 8 man tag tonight but I have to wonder if Rey/Bourne would be a better match than Punk/Kofi for Team Priceless. They do need to get Rey away from Kane as soon as possible and not even think of having him lose the mask. Did they learn nothing from WCW's debacles circa 1999?

The finish to the main event was goofy. When I figured it would be HHH as the partner I figured Cade would eat a Sweet Chin Music and then a Pedigree. After this angle plays out I might suggest trading Cade to SD for someone. As the rosters are currently assembled Raw has too many cookie cutter vanilla white boys like Orton, Rhodes, Dibiase, Cade, etc. SD has a bunch of black guys all of similar size and position on the card (Truth, MVP, Shelton). Since MVP is mostly being jobbed out on SD, trade him for Cade.

There is nothing "Vanilla" about any of those guys, also the last thing SD needs is another heel.

Huge pop for Kelly, crickets for Candice.

Poor Beth can't keep her pants on again.

I wouldn't be surprised if the crowd completely backs Beth Phoenix over Candice on Sunday at the PPV. Has Candice done anything remotely interesting since returning other than look like shit in a couple matches?

There is nothing "Vanilla" about any of those guys, also the last thing SD needs is another heel.

Actually, with the exception of Orton, all of those other guys are pretty generic.

Huge pop for Kelly, crickets for Candice.

Poor Beth can't keep her pants on again.

I wouldn't be surprised if the crowd completely backs Beth Phoenix over Candice on Sunday at the PPV. Has Candice done anything remotely interesting since returning other than look like shit in a couple matches?

She got some lame tattoos on her lower back.

Just watched it on my DVR. What's with Orton getting these massive face pops?

Other than HBK and Big Dave, Orton is the only truly protected star on the brand

Yes I realize Y2J and Rey are on RAW

Other than HBK and Big Dave, Orton is the only truly protected star on the brand

Not to mention that as of late, Orton whenever he shows up has pretty much been telling it like it is, whether the person is heel or face. At this point he's pretty much a tweener. Even though he's kicking Punk in the head, and 'mentoring' Priceless so to speak, he's still slapping Rhodes in the face, and telling JBL he sucks, along with Beth/Santino for that matter. So it makes since he's getting face pops.

It's nothing new for Orton anyways, as that's what led to that horrible face turn in 2004. Hopefully they don't try the same.

Not that I know of, and it really surprised me. Finally someone figured out a counter to the high knee.

That 8-man tag was on fire last night. Loved every second of it, especially Kane's Chokeslam/Powerbomb thing on Kofi. Wouldn't mind seeing him find some way to use that more often. Kane can fucking GO when he's in the ring with a smaller guy, or Big Show (see their Extreme Rules match in 2006 for the ECW Title) for some reason.

This show was a BLAST to be at. As predictable as the HHH choice was, the live crowd went apeshit for DX.

Observations from the night:

--I now have D-Lo Brown's autograph

--"HHH Fears Divorce" sign, which officials sprinted to grab as soon as it crossed in front of the live camera

--I was briefly on TV, since I had a 4th row seat

--Rey Mysterio is very interactive with the crowd. He handed out a mask and other items to various kids in the crowd, and even hugged and gave a "mask-to-mask" greeting to a kid wearing one of his Shopzone masks.

Biggest pops:

DX

Batista

CM Punk/Mysterio

Biggest heat:

JBL

Jericho

Mike the Miz

I love how they've had announcers encourage fans to bring signs to live/televised events,(as long as they weren't vulgar/profane), to excercise our "right to express ourselves", yet remove signs that may rub those in power the wrong way.

Not to mention that as of late, Orton whenever he shows up has pretty much been telling it like it is, whether the person is heel or face. At this point he's pretty much a tweener. Even though he's kicking Punk in the head, and 'mentoring' Priceless so to speak, he's still slapping Rhodes in the face, and telling JBL he sucks, along with Beth/Santino for that matter. So it makes since he's getting face pops.

It's nothing new for Orton anyways, as that's what led to that horrible face turn in 2004. Hopefully they don't try the same.

I prefer Orton as a face as compared to Trips. Trips is just horrible. So are the fans. I still remember this year. "I didn't kick you out of Evolution because you were WHC, I kicked you out because yu were an ass". I clearly remember the crowd going ballistic at this point, they went nuts. I still remember when Orton got backstabbed in 04 the crowd was dead. I actually like Orton, and his music is pretty kickass.

There was a also a 'Urine Test/Exam Check' sign that appeared right near the start of the show.

I hate the spot where Shawn superkicks someone and they stagger into the pedigree, so to me, Cade made a bad spot even worse. I imagine someone had word with him backstage.