TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
fazzle

WWE Raw - September 29, 2008

I was at the show live last night and it was a fun enough show, albeit a few drab parts to Raw. Crowd was on and off all night in terms of making noise, but they popped for the right spots (and Barack Obama got one of the bigger pops of the night in a video package they did in between commercials). The eight man tag was definately awesome stuff for Raw standards, though, and the DX thing was pretty fun from a live perspective too, more for the stuff after the match with HHH taking forever to get there, but finally getting his cliche DX micwork in. Thought it was a classy move also to see both Michaels and HHH literally take 10-15 minutes to just go around ringside, the sides of the ramp, and even to the sides of the stage all the way to slap hands with everyone who had front row and stuff, to end the show. People were going nuts for this at the end. They never did a dark main event, so this was their way to make up for that with the DX banter.

Why I say that was classy was because I had probably the most unique seat in the house (in a way) as I was sitting front row on the lower level, literally at the end seat of the section right next to the huge stage set on the right side of it. So I was right next to the curtain, basically. Way the fuck to the side. The pyro was something from that perspective. And, like I said, Hunter and Michaels both seperately came all the way over there at the end of the night, surprisingly. Got to see people walking through and around the backstage the entire time, mostly crew guys since on the right side of the stage behind the curtain, it was all pyro setup and teardown, etc. After some of the guys would get done working their match as well, they would leave to the back from the side curtain too. And once in awhile a worker or a ref, etc, would be standing back there watching the show from the side. Saw Candice Michelle as an example. Could see the main walkway entrance from the back as well (moreless the Gorilla position), although it was heavily curtained around still. Caught a few glimpses of Vince, Laurintitis, and stuff like that. MN Trainer Eddie Sharkey was walking all over the place, taking pictures and stuff. Also, I swear I saw Scott Hudson sitting with the bogus AWA promoter Dale Gagner as well, front row on the opposite side of the arena (facing away from the cameras) on an odd note. It looked like them, at least. On this side of the stage too, they would "prep" certain things for the show, such as Regal's chair and a ladder, which I assume got placed around the ring for the end of the show.

Almost snagged a script to the show after the show finished up (since they were sitting all over behind the curtain, and they brought in temp workers to help tear down, who clearly weren't working for the company directly, and was talking to a few of them about it), but not quickly enough before security kicked me out of the area. Damn!

All in all a really different experience than the usual.

Raw rating for this week was 3.1 with 4.5 million viewers. It did 2.95 in the first hour and 3.18 in second hour. The main thing is that although this number is the same as last week, the big news is that the last 9 mins, which is when DX came out, the rating peaked to 3.7.

- wrestling attitude

Raw rating for this week was 3.1 with 4.5 million viewers. It did 2.95 in the first hour and 3.18 in second hour. The main thing is that although this number is the same as last week, the big news is that the last 9 mins, which is when DX came out, the rating peaked to 3.7.

- wrestling attitude

Love them or hate them, they draw. Personally I dont mind DX. As long as theyre used for special appearances. The DX Squash Tour of 2006 got old after a little while.

I was watching RAW with people who don't really watch wrestling. They asked me why I watch this, and it took me like a minute or two to come up with a half assed answer. What do you guys say?

I was watching RAW with people who don't really watch wrestling. They asked me why I watch this, and it took me like a minute or two to come up with a half assed answer. What do you guys say?

Just ask them why they watch some shitty show that they like. Nobody watches only great shows.