TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cheech Tremendous

Mega-Threads!

Mega-threads  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like mega-threads (CWDWAT, General Discussion, etc.)

• Yay
    • Nay
    • I don't care either way

The mega threads work in conjunction with the rest of the folder. Or at least they should. Look at the movies folder. Almost every thread on that front page is a thread for an individual show...and then there's a megathread at the top to keep the folder from getting cluttered with throwaway threads and things falling off of the page.

Sports doesn't have a problem either.

In CE the main problem is Marvin...

I don't see why the mega threads were a troublesome thing to begin with.

Guest C*Z*E*C*H
If you sit down on your computer, log in to TSM, write out a post and click Add Reply, aren't you at least thinking that the thought will initiate discussion or provoke certain thinking? If not, then what the fuck are we here for? To just post something as catharsis and hope it disappears into the ether?

HELLO

MY NAME IS

Things That Anger You

Guest Vitamin X
Like I said, it's the threads that meander on pointlessly with no point and no end in site that are bad.

That was not the best sentence you've ever written, is it Cheech.

I'm actually all for the task of carving out parts of Campaign 2008. It could even be separated into Campaign 2005, 2006, 2007, and then finally 2008, to make it a bit easier to navigate, and I can take out the Marvin and anti-Marvin nonsense as well, as I said in the other thread.

I also would really like to see a Fantasy Sports sub-forum, since that kills a lot of those unnecessary mega-long Fantasy and Draft Threads, but Czech's OCD is preventing that. If there's enough demand for it though, we can have it happen. What say you, SmartMarks.

I understand people not liking fantasy talk pouring over into actual game discussion, but people don't have to click on the draft threads if they don't like them.

Like I said, it's the threads that meander on pointlessly with no point and no end in site that are bad.

That was not the best sentence you've ever written, is it Cheech.

No, sir, it is definitely not.

I'm actually all for the task of carving out parts of Campaign 2008. It could even be separated into Campaign 2005, 2006, 2007, and then finally 2008, to make it a bit easier to navigate, and I can take out the Marvin and anti-Marvin nonsense as well, as I said in the other thread.

Why even bother at this point? I don't know how much we really accomplish by having the thing split now years into its existence and one month before it effectively ends. Might as well keep it around for posterity's sake. Let it serve as a monument to an unfettered TSM posting world, where loose moderating and poster excess ruled the day.

Probably wouldn't hurt to have a new thread for this last month. Unpin the other and call the new one "McCain/Obama: The Stretch Run", or some shit like that.

I also would really like to see a Fantasy Sports sub-forum, since that kills a lot of those unnecessary mega-long Fantasy and Draft Threads, but Czech's OCD is preventing that. If there's enough demand for it though, we can have it happen. What say you, SmartMarks.

I don't like subforums. I could be in the minority though.

CHEECH YOU'VE LOST

Well, according to Czech's post I won. Sort of.

Unless Danny Williams or CWM pulls rank on me, mega-threads will be tolerated and moderated but not encouraged. If substantial discussions arise from CTDWATs, it's expected that they'll be spun off and allowed to grow from there, or be merged into pre-existing threads on that topic