TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

NFL Week 5

Clearly it's time to bring back a Raiders fan favorite for head coach. He sucked as GM but as coach he could do wonders. Welcome back Matt Millen.

He'd never be able to handle Davis not using his first round draft choice on a receiver. Which oddly enough, they would need. That would be kinda ironic.

I don't know how Davis thinks he can attract any qualified candidates if he totally buries Kiffin and tries to dick him out of pay. The Raiders will never be a winner until Al croaks.

I don't know how Davis thinks he can attract any qualified candidates if he totally buries Kiffin and tries to dick him out of pay. The Raiders will never be a winner until Al croaks.

Long live Al Davis!

Long live Al Davis!

Can I take him 20 times in next year's pool?

1. Who is the best team in the league?

I still think Dallas. Tennessee is for real, but they're a clear #2, IMO.

2. Who is the worst team in the league?

St. Louis.

3. Who is going to take a big step forward the next 4 games?

See answer 5. Failing that, I think San Diego has turned the corner after a slow start.

4. Rookie of the year candidates?

I'm just gonna go the homer route here and say McFadden.

5. Other than Brady, what is the most costly injury to have happened so far?

While Indy's d hasn't been awful, it could be Bob Sanders, especially with the offence not winning games for Indy the way it has the last three or four years. The week off could be the spark they need.

Early

Kansas City at Carolina

Chicago at Detroit - 2-0 against the Bears last year. I'll gamble here.

Atlanta at Green Bay - Is Rodgers still iffy? I'll roll the dice here, too.

San Diego at Miami - Statement game.

Seattle at NY Giants - No Plaxico, and Seattle needs a boost. I think they'll come out firing.

Washington at Philadelphia

Tennessee at Baltimore

Indianapolis at Houston - This one should be close. Houston played well against Indy last year, plus the home opener. Still, I think it's time for Indy's offence to get going again.

Late

Tampa Bay at Denver - Just a hunch.

Buffalo at Arizona

New England at San Francisco

Cincinnati at Dallas - Another statement after a tough loss last week. Dallas wins by 200.

SNF

Pittsburgh at Jacksonville - Flip a coin.

MNF

Minnesota at New Orleans

The hard part about whether to put Dallas as the best team in the NFL or not is the fact that they are still going to blow out the inferior teams, and end up with a rather impressive regular season record, partly because they aren't going to be playing teams with a defense that matches up well against their offense week in and out like they did last week. The Redskins D matches up well, The Giants too. Maybe the Titans for the mere fact that their defense overall is just damn good this season. Other then that I don't see many teams being able to stop their offense consistently throughout an entire four quarters, which of course could once again lead to a great regular season record, and then a one and done in the playoffs. But really, when you are coming off a 13-3 season, the regular season record is not really what you are trying to prove to yourselves, it's winning in the post-season against worthy competition.

I would probably put the Giants at #1 right now, because they are undefeated, defending champs, and shouldn't be forgotten about merely because they had the week off. Until someone beats the defending champs, they deserve the #1 spot.

As far as the Skins@Eagles this Sunday. It is hard to predict without knowing if Westbrook is playing or not. Also there are reports that McNabb is having some type of chest problems which is limiting him at practice, and will be interesting to see how he respondes to taking a big hit.

I'm listening to Bob and Tom, a radio comedy show, and they're having their sports guy, chic, pick who would win their games against a 80 year old lady. The 80 lady doesn't follow football at all and because of this, I get the quote of the day...

Old lady: Now these are all professional teams?

Bob or Tom: Not the Raiders.

Guest Smues

The west coast gets the Patriots game, but I luck out and don't. Amen. I get to watch and see if Chad Johnson kisses the star.

Interesting maps. Is there some kind of law that says the Cowboys have to be the main game on at 4:00 every week? They're just going to squash the Bengals, so it's not like it's a major game.

Ah well, Colts vs. Texans is what I'll watch. Though a part of me wishes Ravens/Titans was on instead. That one should be a man's game. What's the over/under on how many guys are carted off the field in that one?

Ugh... I get to watch the inept Colts Run D and sputtering offense take on Houston's mediocre overall team (Steve Slaton may get me to watch) or the defending SB Champion Giants whom I despise just third to the Colts & Jets taking on a Seattle team who have Engram & Branch back.

Dammit! I wanted New England vs San Fran! Mine and my ladies favorite teams going head to head in a battle of the Who's quarterback looks lost the most.

Instead, Dallas AGAIN. God, I can't seem to escape those f'n guys. Every frickin week, Dallas Dallas Dallas.

Too bad Washington v. Philly isn't being moved to 4:00pm, because that is probably the best NFC game(if not best overall game) of the day on paper. I know they usually ALWAYS move Redskins v. Cowboys games to the national timeslot even one of them is not that good.

Early

Kansas City at Carolina: Carolina wins easy. KC just sucks and loses by 17.

Chicago at Detroit: Chicago pulls a Philly and wins by 30.

Atlanta at Green Bay: Close game but GB should edge by 3.

San Diego at Miami: Trick plays won't work. SD wins by 10.

Seattle at NY Giants: NYG wins by 3.

Washington at Philadelphia: Philly should win 28 to 23. But NFC East games are toss-ups.

Tennessee at Baltimore: Ugly game but I think B'More gets the upset. Ravens by 7.

Indianapolis at Houston: If Colts were healthy then they would win by 17 hands down. But since they are banged up, this could go either way. Seeing it as a home opener and post Ike for H-Town. I am going to go on a limb and say Houston by 10. I could be way off base but the home crowd is going to keep Houston in this game.

Late

Tampa Bay at Denver: I have a hard time picking a game when I couldn't give a shit about either time. That said...Denver by 6.

Buffalo at Arizona: Buff might not be able to pull a Jet but still win by atleast 14.

New England at San Francisco: Closer than it should be but NE wins to try and recover from the crap of their last week.

Cincinnati at Dallas: Crappy Cinci vs Angry talented Dallas....Dallas by atleast 21.

SNF

Pittsburgh at Jacksonville: Shitty game with J'Ville winning by 3. Final being something like 9 to 6.

MNF

Minnesota at New Orleans: Minn wins by 10.

God damn...

All your guys complaining about which game will be aired in your area, makes me extremely grateful of having NFL Sunday Ticket.

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but I finally figured out the reason why the Bengals signed Cedric Benson. They're taking on the Cowboys defense featuring Pacman Jones and Tank Johnson and this is the week Chris Henry will be eligible to return to the league. This will likely be the only chance to get all four on the field at the same time. Maybe the Bengals can hurry up and sign Travis Henry and run a 2 back set-up. Add in the Chad Johnson stuff and TO's comments coming out of last week and we have the most ridiculous circus event of the year. Too bad the game will be awful.

Kansas City at Carolina

Chicago at Detroit

Atlanta at Green Bay *Upset Special*

San Diego at Miami

Seattle at NY Giants

Washington at Philadelphia

Tennessee at Baltimore

Indianapolis at Houston

Tampa Bay at Denver

Buffalo at Arizona

New England at San Francisco

Cincinnati at Dallas

Pittsburgh at Jacksonville

Minnesota at New Orleans

Early

Kansas City at Carolina - Chiefs fall back to earth on the road against a good Carolina team.

Chicago at Detroit - More a pick against Detroit than for Chicago. I just have no faith in the Lions whatsoever.

Atlanta at Green Bay - Packers are still good enough to beat an inexperienced Falcons team even without Aaron Rodgers.

San Diego at Miami - Chargers continue to roll against weak teams.

Seattle at NY Giants - Historically, Seattle is bad on the road. That trend continues despite getting a couple of receivers back.

Washington at Philadelphia - Just a bad matchup for the Skins. I don't see them scoring back-to-back divisional road wins.

Tennessee at Baltimore - Low scoring affair. I like Baltimore as a home dog here. They should have won last week in Pittsburgh.

Indianapolis at Houston - Colts start out on the comeback trail against an opponent they've historically dominated.

Late

Tampa Bay at Denver - Tampa's good defence will keep the Broncos off the scoreboard enough that they can take advantage of Denver's atrocious defence.

Buffalo at Arizona - Cardinals just can't beat good teams. True in the past, true this year.

New England at San Francisco - Patriots will scratch out a win somehow. This one won't be pretty.

Cincinnati at Dallas - Total mismatch.

SNF

Pittsburgh at Jacksonville - Both teams are banged up, but the Steelers are missing more important players. No idea how they plan to run the ball.

MNF

Minnesota at New Orleans - I still don't like the Vikings, especially on the road.