TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

NFL Week 5

Willie Parker (who is inactive for today's game) told reporters that the plan for the Steelers offense today is to rely heavily on the no huddle formation. You're probably not supposed to mention that publicly before the game, especially when you're not playing.

Ridiculous call in the Redskins-Eagles game just now. DeSean Jackson returned a punt for a TD, but there was a flag down. The refs take forever discussing it, then pick up the flag saying that there was a block in the back by #50 on the kicking team. Fox shows the replay and #50 of the kicking team clearly gets nailed in the back by #50 of the return team and a flag comes flying in right away. Not sure how they blow that call.

Well, at least the Lions are only down 10 at this point instead of the standard 21. Still too many missed plays and dumb penalties.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Colts are knotted up at 10 in Houston. Texans caught a couple breaks on the last drive. the Houston corner made a really sharp play on a slightly underthrown ball to bust up a sure Reggie Wayne TD catch, then Vinatieri pulled a FG left.

The player with the unfortunate nickname of "Matty Ice" is tearing up Green Bay's secondary. So I guess Atlanta is the feel-good story this year? I know that despite my proximity to the area and the fact that they're a division rival, I can't hate them. It's odd that the two teams I "feel good" about this year in pro and college football (Atlanta and Vandy) are two teams that I should probably despise but don't.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

The Colts defense is shameful. No balls with Sanders out.

Driving with seconds left in the half, Manning throws a pick. Suuuuuuuuuuuck.

The Packers have a field goal nullified by a holding penalty and then miss the follow-up try. D'oh! Kahran is right on with the no running game thing, too. Good thing the Packers gave Ryan Grant all that money.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I want to be excited about Chicago beating up on Detroit in the first half, but that's like taking lunch money from the kid in the wheelchair.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

This offseason, Indianapolis needs to do nothing but collect as many DTs and LBs as they possibly can.

The Fins are apparently again torching an "elite" AFC team with the fabled "Wild Dolphin" formation. They lead the Chargers 17-3 at the half.

To make that Denver game last week even more puzzling, the Chiefs are getting crushed by the Panthers right now. DeAngelo Williams is having a huge game.

Call it what you will, that formation has been shown to work in the NFL the last few weeks. I'd be shocked if other teams didn't start using it.

The Ravens and Titans sure do hate each other. Wouldn't it be great if they were in the same division so we could have awesome hate-filled games like this twice a year?

Oh Yeah.

I'm telling you, the Lions are worse than the Rams. Even the few good players they have are starting to suck now.

And the Lions this week apparently had the best week of practice they've had under Marinelli. So this is as good as it gets from them.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Houston's about to go up big. Indy's defense is gassed, beat up, and confused.

I guess I was wrong about Houston. They are finally playing like a professional football team. But the Colts should score so my pick of Houston by 10 will come true.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

YES YES YES! Colts are still alive.

Rosenfels tried some goofy rollout shit, gets flipped up in the air, hit twice and spun like a top, fumbles, and Gary Brackett scooped it up and ran it back 70 yards for a score.

Indy down three looking for another defensive stop.