TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

MLB Divisional Playoffs, NL Edition

I fear momentum sometimes, especially considering what the Rockies did last year. Momentum doesn't really exist as big in the game of baseball, but hell if I didn't cheer for those Myers at bats or when Sabathia was taken out. We can't just sit on this lead, though.

Yeah, Sabathia was scary good today.

This of course was assuming he won today (and the Brewers aren't finished yet, there are five more innings). But this is still a guy with a track record, and an extra day of rest. And Howard can NOT hit a lefty.

Yeah, terrible series so far. This team seems to have come into the playoffs running on fumes. I'm basically just hoping they win Saturday when I'm there, so they can at least avoid the sweep.

That annoying Rick Reilly bit on ESPN explaining why the Cubs can't win seems eerily accurate thus far.

These have been the best two days for Dodger fans who are too young to remember 1988. This is great. We're going to have a chance to close the series out at home. Holy shit.

These have been the best two days for Dodger fans who are too young to remember 1988. This is great. We're going to have a chance to close the series out at home. Holy shit.

For the love of God, Kuroda please don't implode Saturday night. I wanna be singing "I Love LA" with the other 56,000+ fans

7-0 now!!!

We need TSM Baseball chats. I'm not feeling these playoffs.

Chats don't usually pick up until the LCS

Joe Buck and Tim McCarver bring the goods.

Wade comes in and retires Fukudome. Ok, worry time done.

Man, as a person who was alive during 1988, but is too young to remember, I can't remember being this excited about Dodger baseball. For a while now, this team was irrelevant (I blame that on the fucking Fox regime, that fucked up nearly all that the O'Malley's had built). Its nice to have meaningful October baseball back in Los Angeles. The fans here have been rabid about this team and hungry for a winner, I really commend the McCourts for sticking to our kids (and not giving up on our good vets), because its really paying off in spades.

Is Joe Torre a contender for NL MOY? Because, with Andruw Jones, injuries and a lack of offense, he guided a sure loser to an unlikely playoff berth.

Good thing Furcal came back. Plugged the gaping hole Angel Berroa put into our lineup.

I don't want to rehash this, but the Manny trade was a stroke of genius. Very, very rare genius from our front office.

Is Joe Torre a contender for NL MOY? Because, with Andruw Jones, injuries and a lack of offense, he guided a sure loser to an unlikely playoff berth.

No. A good manager would've ditched Pierre prior to when he finally did.

Good thing Furcal came back. Plugged the gaping hole Angel Berroa put into our lineup.

I don't want to rehash this, but the Manny trade was a stroke of genius. Very, very rare genius from our front office.

No. A good manager would've ditched Pierre prior to when he finally did.

Haha good point, but with the injury to Furcal early, and really having to play Andruw Jones in center (kinda have to, since you are paying him a shitload), he really had no choice but to bat Juan Pierre leadoff in some instances.

I mean could Grady Little have guided this team to really stay close all summer to Arizona?