TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

MLB Divisional Playoffs, NL Edition

I'd like to see the Dodgers win it all just because I like Torre. It would be an added bonus to see the Red Sox get burned by the ultimate "Manny Being Manny" scenario.

But seriously, Cubs, wtf??!

I don't want the Dodgers to advance any further because then we'll have Joe Torre shoveled down our throats. Everyone's overlooking that this team, despite its core of very good young talent, sucked until Manny came to town.

Can it really be called "sticking it to Boston" when the reason they got where they are is because their current best player faked an injury and cried his way out of Boston because he didn't feel like honoring the contract he signed 8 years ago?

If the Sox don't win it all this year then I wouldn't mind seeing the Dodgers win it because I love Manny, Lowe, and Torre. I will always love Manny for everything he did for Boston but he can never be excused for the shenanigans he pulled this year before being traded.

Guest Vitamin X
I will always love Manny for everything he did for Boston but he can never be excused for the shenanigans he pulled this year before being traded.

I can relate.

Well shit. Hopefully the Phillies can get past the Brewers and take out the Dodgers. What I don't get is when the Cardinals reached the playoffs two years ago, no one could stop talking about their mediocre win/loss record. I really don't want to see an 84 win team in the World Series.

I finally got to see my first playoff game last night, and it was a great time. The crowd was pumped from beginning to end.

The Brewers have to hope Jeff Suppan does what they paid him to do...win in October, today. If they can get it to game 5, then CC has a chance to make up for his mediocrity in his last start.

As a Cardinals fan, I take great pleasure of watching the Cubs fall apart and start whining again. I knew this was coming when Pinella benched Fukudome. He was in a slump, but he was a fan fave in Chicago and one of the reasons you won 95 games. I don't think Pinella is the answer here, the answer is to get all this talk of curses and Billy Goats and Steve Bartman out of your head. Until that happens, it'll be another 100 years.

With the Angels and Red Sox, it's partly the fact the Angels are Boston's bitch and the fact that the Red Sox are still the champs and you can't have new champs until you knock out the old one. Anaheim also really hasn't had much true competition as they've run away with the AL West, while the Red Sox were in the fight for a division title right up until the final days of the season.

I have to admit though it won't happen that I was rooting for the White Sox. I want to see Junior get his ring.

I'm not sure if this was a well known piece of information, but I saw in a Pittsburgh newspaper today that somehow the Houston Astros have won more playoff games at Minute Maid Park (opened in 2000) than the Cubs have at Wrigley (opened in 1914). I knew things have been bad out there, but I didn't realize how bad it's been.

I hope this doesn't end up being one of Suppan's 'escape a few innings with double-plays then get smoked for 6 or 7 runs in the fourth' games.

I love how there seem to be so many people who hate the Cubs more than they actually like any other team.

Get in line, bud.

I've missed most of this Phillies/Brewers game. Can someone explain to me the story of CC Sabathia pinch-hitting?

Really no story behind it. It was early in the game and I guess Sveum didn't want to use his better pinch hitters until later on.

Thanks anyway, Brewers. A very memorable season, despite falling short in the playoffs.

I would think there's no way Suppan is with the team next season...he'll have to have armed bodyguards with him.

Nah, it was more of a friendly jab than anything. I loved it, though. He said "hopefully this town will become a little more red than green, uh, no offense to that football team, they're great." It was pretty funny.