TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Truthiness

WWE SmackDown - October 3, 2008

SmackDown: (Airing Friday on MyNetworkTV)

* SmackDown begins taping with a new opening video and theme song.

* Rey Mysterio, Finlay, Batista & Jeff Hardy b. Kane, JBL, MVP & The Brian Kendrick in an All-Star Eight-Man Tag Team Match.

- Jeff Hardy got the win via pinfall on MVP after hitting a Swanton Bomb.

* Santino Marella comes out and does the "Honk-A-Meter." He says he's the greatest champion on planet Earth.

* Santino Marella b. Shelton Benjamin

- Santino Marella got the win via a roll-up pin after R-Truth makes a distraction rapping in the crowd.

* Since Vickie Guerrero is out from injuries she sustained last week, Big Show is in charge. He announces Chavo Guerrero vs. Mark Henry & The Great Khali.

* Mark Henry & The Great Khali b. Chavo Guerrero

- The Great Khali got the easy win with his nerve hold.

* The Big Show cuts a promo on The Undertaker. The lights go out and Undertaker appears in the ring. The Big Show runs away.

* Primo, Carlito, & CM Punk b. Cody Rhodes, Ted DiBiase, & Manu

- Punk got the win via pinfall after hitting Go To Sleep on Ted DiBiase.

* Beth Phoenix b. Michelle McCool in a Divas Lumberjack Match.

- McCool gets the win via pinfall after hitting her Wings of Love finisher.

* WWE Champion Triple H b. World Heavyweight Champion Chris Jericho & ECW Champion Matt Hardy in a Triple Threat Match Main Event

- Triple H got the win via pinfall on Matt Hardy after hitting him with a pedigree. After the match Vladimir Kozlov comes out and attacks Hunter to take SmackDown off the air.

* Beth Phoenix b. Michelle McCool in a Divas Lumberjack Match.

- McCool gets the win via pinfall after hitting her Wings of Love finisher

??

Wow, Triple H doesn't pin Jericho. I'm shocked.

Yeah, man. You took those words right out of my mouth. I mean, he's in there with Jericho, and what's going on, there? Are they friends, now?

Too bad I won't be able to see the show (Directv doesnt even get My Network TV at all)....sounds alright, although even wasting time with Chavo v. Henry/Khali baffles me.

Now I have some strange feeling WWE is going to give Jeff Hardy a short "thank you" run with the belt, and Vladamir costs HHH the match. Either that or Vladamir runs down for the no contest, leading to a triangle match at Survivor Series or Cyber Sunday.

Didn't we have a 3 way champions match at No Mercy 2 years ago?

Smackdown's champ (Booker) won

Didn't we have a 3 way champions match at No Mercy 2 years ago?

Smackdown's champ (Booker) won

Cyber Sunday 2006. The fans chose which title was on the line. They chose Booker's World Title vs. John Cena's WWE Title vs. Big Show's ECW Title. Booker won after Kevin Federline did a run-in and hit Cena with the title belt.

I think Jericho beats Michaels is a lock (more so than it was anyway) at No Mercy now. I'm sure Michaels wouldn't have wanted HHH beating Jericho only for Jericho to beat Michaels. I've probably looked too much into this so disregard.

HHH becomes the unofficial Champions of Champions

Triple H is the main Champion of the show that's debuting on this new network. Did you really expect any other outcome once they booked this match?

Yeah HHH going over is something that almost had to happen since SD is debuting on the new network. I would hope that Phoenix beat McCool since I still think the Divas belt is a total joke and there's no way whoever has it should be going over the actual women's champion.

HHH becomes the unofficial Champions of Champions

Triple H is the main Champion of the show that's debuting on this new network. Did you really expect any other outcome once they booked this match?

I problay would've ended it with a three brand brawl, from all the wrestlers from each brand leading to a no contest...

Or I wouldn't have booked that match at all, and put HHH in another match against a midcarder from RAW.

The only way I can see the Divs title holder going over the Women's champ is if the Diva champ was Victoria or to a lesser extent Nattie. Otherwise, no way Beth does the job.

Sadly, I don't think Victoria will ever again see the mega-push she was getting as a psycho from 02-03. I think she's capable of a lot more than just losing to the Bella twins week-in and week-out. She's far and away the best pure female WRESTLER they have. Though, I haven't seen any of Nattie's work from WWE or OVW (FCW?) so I can't make an opinion of her.

MVP must've refused to take out one of the writer's laundry or something. I can't remember the last time the guy won a match. Though, he did get almost a year-long run with the US belt so maybe this is WWE's way of having him "give back"?

WTF is with all of the brand crossover lately?

This particular show was billed as a special one (first night on MyNetwork TV). ECW also has a talent exchange with both brands now.

MVP must've refused to take out one of the writer's laundry or something. I can't remember the last time the guy won a match. Though, he did get almost a year-long run with the US belt so maybe this is WWE's way of having him "give back"?

As mentioned previously, MVP is in the doghouse for treating the drug testing urine collectors poorly ("So, you went to college to check out dicks").

I get it, and I don't even want to watch Smackdown anymore...

Why watch HHH squash anyone that is valuable on SD! and wrestle against the likes of Kozlov, Khali, and Big Show for the rest of the PPV's. I can't see them putting the belt on Hardy, or HHH allowing Hardy to get (of course if Hardy wins on Sunday, I'll eat crow). But the state of SD! is horrible... Especially since HHH came.

This is from the WON version of the spoilers:

5. Beth Phoenix pinned Michelle McCool in a battle of the women’s champions, a Lumberjills match with the rest of the women on the roster at ringside. The heel divas beat up McCool and it turned into a brawl with all the women going at it. During all this, Phoenix won with her double chicken wing into a pancake finisher.

I really don't like Smackdown going to MyNetwork TV. Almost every time the Yankees played on that channel this year the audio and or HD feed was screwed up.

Hopefully with SD not being live that won't be an issue.

Much better.

I'm glad McTaker lost.

Tee hee. See, that's funny, because there's rumours about her sleeping with The Undertaker! Oh, my. Satire at it's finest.

They're really serious about pushing Koslov towards a World Title match, aren't they? And I really used to enjoy Smackdown as well. Sigh.

As mentioned previously, MVP is in the doghouse for treating the drug testing urine collectors poorly ("So, you went to college to check out dicks").

Yea, I forgot about that smart little remark. Seems he has Manu to thank for having his dick stared at during a drug test. So, if he has a problem, he should have went to him for fucking up the drug testing procedures for everyone. Not take it out on a drug tester who's only doing his job and following the company policy.

WTF is with all of the brand crossover lately?

This particular show was billed as a special one (first night on MyNetwork TV). ECW also has a talent exchange with both brands now.

What was HHH and Khali doing at Raw this past Monday? (I'm asking, as I didn't see any of the show.) Did they even offer up an explanation as to why both were there?

* The Big Show cuts a promo on The Undertaker. The lights go out and Undertaker appears in the ring. The Big Show runs away.

Now there is an orginal idea :bonk: