TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Truthiness

WWE SmackDown - October 3, 2008

I watched SmackDown! earlier today, and when they were listing off the people who were going to be there at the start of the show, it was just like the old Rumbles where Vince would scream 'THE MACHO MAN, RANDY SAVAGE! HULK HOGAN! THE UNDERTAKERRRRR'!.

Kinda got a kick out of that.

There was no Vince though.

Good show tonight.

What a load of bullshit. My local MYNetwork channel has fucking high school football on right now, and SD doesn't come on until 10:30 for me.

Ugh. :angry:

Hornswoggle wearing Kendrick's jacket was funny to me.

Also, I find it weird that, atl least for my local "MNTV" station, a sponsor was Cartoon Network's Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

Which airs during the last hour of Smackdown.

Hehe...the Henry/Khali team is kinda like the old days of wrestling out there...with both Tony Atlas and Runjin Singh at ringside.

...I could almost...but not really...see all of this making Chavo a disciple of The Undertaker or something like that.

JR FINALLY found a good name for the DiBiase/Rhodes/Manu group:

The Priceless Triumphant.

I'm not watching, but are you sure he didn't say "Triumvirate" or however that is spelled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXd_hQpmAnA

this match should've been saved for Wrestlemania

If you're talking about Beth vs Michelle, no. McCool should not be champion come Mania. Maryse should.

I'm not talking about the wrestlers...the champ vs champ match...since it's the first time and all

Vlad will be eating a Pedigree in due time, don't worry about it. That's one relief about HHH being on SD, you know these tedious pushes will all end in him beating that ass.

Fun show tonight and I was glad to see these various champion vs. champion matches have a finish and not just the typical DQs. The women's match was amusing to me since I wondered about the logic of having that Raw vs. SD match and then at the PPV a nothing crap match with Beth Phoenix vs. Candice.

Regarding the IC title, I think it was a very relevant belt up until it was buried in late 2002 (aside from the run of dreck in 1999). Once the IC title was brought back in 2003 along with the US title though I would say the US title has clearly been the better belt.

Ok, SD is finally on here, but good God they're having so many technical problems. The Shelton promo started over and over again for about 5-10 minutes it seems like, just in a loop, and then once that stopped it cut to the very end of the match. That sort of thing has been happening in other segments also.

This has been an epic failure for me so far tonight.

Big Show is getting fat again, and he looks like he's mailing it in lately. The writers have never known how to book Big Show properly - I think they should make him a special attraction at this stage. I know most will hate this, but I'd consider giving him the tag straps for an extended run. If ever there was one person who could hold the tag titles and believeably beat two wrestlers it's Big Show. I think it would be a solid way to really put him over. I mean who doesn't believe that Big Show could beat Primo and Carlito in a shoot fight with tag rules?

It wouldn't be squash matches, but really competitive so that you're not burying the tag teams, but putting Big Show over in a huge way. Sometimes though, Big Show would win matches without the partner ever getting tagged in. Other times he would be taken to the bring by teams who tag in and out to keep the fresher of the two men always in the ring, so it would be like Show fighting a single person who never tires. I'd give Big Show a tag title run AT LEAST until WM25.