TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Truthiness

WWE SmackDown - October 3, 2008

Given the dismal numbers the WrestleMania special got on thursday it doesn't look that good for SD! on MyNetwork. Still, I thought it was a great show that the spoilers certainly didn't do any justice (Big Show didn't run scared from Taker and Trips just barely won and then got majorly punked). I specially liked the six-man tag and the main event 3-way, and the opening bout was extremely enjoyable.

I kind of worried about Smackdown's ratings on MyNetworkTV when I heard that a lot of people in the country didn't get the channel. MyNetworkTV does have a hell of a lot better HD than CW though. CW's HD sucked ass. Does anyone know why WWE decided to move Smackdown to a new network?

That's kind of weird for CW to do that, considering Smackdown probably did some of the best ratings on that network.

I think their line of reasoning was that the people that watched SD didn't stick around to watch anything else on the network, or something to that effect.

I think there was a quote from CW about how people would only want to watch Smackdown instead of their non-wrestling shows. Really stupid reason.

Edit: I was beaten to it.

--The debut of Smackdown on MyNetwork TV looks to have done a 2.4 rating based on the fast nationals. The company was thrilled with that number as it was, by far, the highest rated show in the history of the network.

Credit:WO

That's kind of weird for CW to do that, considering Smackdown probably did some of the best ratings on that network.

I think their line of reasoning was that the people that watched SD didn't stick around to watch anything else on the network, or something to that effect.

There were a few CW/UPN/WB shows I actually watched and they all got canned. Not for poor ratings, but because it wasn't the type of audience the network wanted to attract. This was pre and post merger. If Chris Rock wasn't so involved with With Everybody Hates Chris, that would be gone too.

I've deleted the channel off my tv permanently.