TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - October 2008

New Dirt Sheet.

Surprised to see this get approved.

Miz and Morrison are money. They remind of the old Clique with the stupid shit they do and the occasional trouble they get into over it.

Basically it's time to just pull the trigger on a Jeff Hardy title run. If he has the belt and blows it and fails another drug test, then he can simply job the belt and be fired. It's going to hurt him more in the long run in terms of credibility to keep constantly losing title matches without ever getting a win.

But that would be smart and require HHH to lose the belt, something he won't do especially if he's worried about looking bad in video game screenshots in magazines. :P

Basically it's time to just pull the trigger on a Jeff Hardy title run. If he has the belt and blows it and fails another drug test, then he can simply job the belt and be fired. It's going to hurt him more in the long run in terms of credibility to keep constantly losing title matches without ever getting a win.

But that would be smart and require HHH to lose the belt, something he won't do especially if he's worried about looking bad in video game screenshots in magazines. :P

I agree. That completely redefines vanity and ego.

But HHH is also looking to pad his title reigns so that he can blow Flair's count out of the water. I was wondering yesterday when his next major injury will be coming.

What is SD really building to in that case? The entire direction of the show is the storyline of "Jeff Hardy can't quite beat HHH and get the title." The only payoff to this angle is for Jeff to finally get over the hump and win the title, even if it's just to lose it back.

Ironically giving Hardy the title right now is easier to do booking wise than if he was on his 1st or 2nd strike. In those cases it would require jobbing him and then suspending him, then not quite knowing what to do when he returns. In this case if he screws up again, he's fired.

But HHH is also looking to pad his title reigns so that he can blow Flair's count out of the water. I was wondering yesterday when his next major injury will be coming.

He's got another 2-3 years before another injury if he sticks to his current track-record. Next time, he'll probably tear both his quads at the same time, and make his triumphant return 8 months later.

What is SD really building to in that case? The entire direction of the show is the storyline of "Jeff Hardy can't quite beat HHH and get the title." The only payoff to this angle is for Jeff to finally get over the hump and win the title, even if it's just to lose it back.

Ironically giving Hardy the title right now is easier to do booking wise than if he was on his 1st or 2nd strike. In those cases it would require jobbing him and then suspending him, then not quite knowing what to do when he returns. In this case if he screws up again, he's fired.

I too agree that now is the time to give Jeff the World, and let him run with it. A better time would have been to have him win at the Rumble when he was the biggest face in the company going into the match, but what can you do right? As others have said, if he fucks up again, have Vickie book him in a loser gets fired match against HHH (convenient time for HHH to use his automatic rematch clause), and the rest writes itself. The WWE title has been "hot-potato'ed" before (Ex: Summerslam 1999, In Your House Final Four), so if he only makes it a week, or a month before failing another drug test, then so be it. A 7-month title reign (the birth of his daughter not withstanding) was what it finally took to make Randy Orton grow up a little bit, so I think they should give Jeff a chance.

People are seriously wondering why WWE won't put the title on a junkie, with 2 strikes?

As opposed to any of the other junkies who've gotten championship runs....

People are seriously wondering why WWE won't put the title on a junkie, with 2 strikes?

I'd like to think, in a way more happy world, Vince and Bret will come out together, hug, say it's all a work, Owen walks out, and while it's messed up they did it, I'd be happy Owen was still with us. Of course Eddie then appears on the Titan Tron and says, "Ha-ha, you fools, we're really all just in hell together."

Most of these "junkies" aren't one bad urine away from being fired.

I'd like to think, in a way more happy world, Vince and Bret will come out together, hug, say it's all a work, Owen walks out, and while it's messed up they did it, I'd be happy Owen was still with us. Of course Eddie then appears on the Titan Tron and says, "Ha-ha, you fools, we're really all just in hell together."

Most of these "junkies" aren't one bad urine away from being fired.

Did you just make that up?

Those junkies ruined everything for all the other junkies.

Cena: This is obviously a hot topic and definitely one that everyone treads on thin ice with. As soon as they hear the word “steroids” or “performance-enhancing drugs,” they turn their nose up. I saw the film. I thought you did a really, really good job of hitting it from both sides – both the negative and the never-discussed positives. There was a case of a guy with HIV who was down to 12 red blood cells or white blood cells, and steroids pretty much saved his life. Why do you think all of the publicity on anabolic steroids and performance-enhancing drugs is usually so negative?

I believe it's from a WWE.com article where Cena talks with the dude who made "Bigger, Stronger, Faster". I thought the movie was about a bionic man of sorts but apparently it's not.

Cena: This is obviously a hot topic and definitely one that everyone treads on thin ice with. As soon as they hear the word "steroids" or "performance-enhancing drugs," they turn their nose up. I saw the film. I thought you did a really, really good job of hitting it from both sides – both the negative and the never-discussed positives. There was a case of a guy with HIV who was down to 12 red blood cells or white blood cells, and steroids pretty much saved his life. Why do you think all of the publicity on anabolic steroids and performance-enhancing drugs is usually so negative?

http://www.wwe.com/inside/superstartosuper...ves/s2scenabell

Double post.

A follow-up to last year's highly successful Cyber Sunday Costume Contest (deemed "the worst costume contest ever" by JR on commentary) has been announced!

http://www.wwe.com/shows/cybersunday/match...343232/preview/

Wow. That's *17* divas listed in that preview. How much damn time is that gonna kill?

Not much. Last year they just did cuts throughout the night of their costumes being shown off.

JR's blog mentions that online voting has been reinstated for Cyber Sunday. This is news to me.

My cable company is also listing the standard definition version of the PPV as being $34.99. I expect that to change.

JR's blog mentions that online voting has been reinstated for Cyber Sunday. This is news to me.

My cable company is also listing the standard definition version of the PPV as being $34.99. I expect that to change.

I just checked WWE.com, and they still only have the option to vote via text message. I wonder if refunds will be issued to those that went ahead and placed their vote via $.99 text message now that (I assume at some point) voting will be traditionally done on the website.

At a "maximum of 10 times per vote", I wonder if someone has actually given nearly $10 to WWE to vote for a single match?