TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - October 2008

Vince HATES the term "Fans" so Fan Nation was changed to WWE Universe.

"Fans" and "Wrestler" = Bad

"WWE Universe" and "Sports Entertainer" = Good

I'll never understand why Vince hates "wrestler" or "fan" as much as he does. I mean I understand he sees himself in the entertainment business, however "on screen" the talent are playing characters and those are characters of "wrestlers". And said "wrestlers" have their fans, like baseball players have their fans, like football players have their fans like MMA fighters have their fans.

On the flip side, it's rather childish to complain about something as minuscule as the "WWE Universe". I'd honestly rather watch them market to children than pander to people stuck in 1998. I'm pretty worn out on "edgy anti-hero curses and makes dick jokes to the boss" after seeing it probably six times in the past ten years.

On the flip side, it's rather childish to complain about something as minuscule as the "WWE Universe". I'd honestly rather watch them market to children than pander to people stuck in 1998. I'm pretty worn out on "edgy anti-hero curses and makes dick jokes to the boss" after seeing it probably six times in the past ten years.

Unfortunately, we're getting Finlay and Hornswoggle as the new Doink and Dink and Kizarny out of this.

Hate-filled feuds with no blading sucks too.

Exactly.

The people that are longing for another Attitude era need to check out some old Raws from 1998-1999. A lot of that shit has aged terribly.

So am I, but I'd rather take my chance on another attitude like rehash if it means they're going to start booking their product like it's the early-mid 90's again.

Hayes run on Smackdown was going pretty well. He was booking like it was an old Southern promotion, and that was the best time in recent memory.

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but the only show I can watch right now is ECW. It just feels fresh, all the new faces and the veterans being used in good roles, instead of clogging up the main event and upper card scene.

Unfortunately, we're getting Finlay and Hornswoggle as the new Doink and Dink and Kizarny out of this.

Hate-filled feuds with no blading sucks too.

Chris Jericho just got his tooth knocked out in a match after leaving Shawn Michaels a bloody mess at the Bash and punching HBK's wife in the face. Its the best feud they've ran in years.

I also want to point out that before Kizarny debuted, I had an idea of an unbalanced wrestler just being a total Dark Knight Joker ripoff and wresting in a homemade Doink costume.

Are you sure it will be R-truth? What about our lovable oaf Festus? He's the Corn Fed Colossus. /sarcasm.

I was just thinking...

When is John Cena due back?

Because if he's ready to come back for Survivor Series, I thought of the perfect match for him to come back in:

CM Punk, Kofi Kingston, John Cena & Cryme Tyme vs. Ted DiBiase, Cody Rhodes, Manu, John Morrison & The Miz. Survivor Series Rules

I woulda mark out for that. but trips wont let it happen.

Um...what effect would Triple H have on that match?

I mean, Trips is on Smackdown now, whereas all the guys I mentioned for that match are either on Raw or ECW (which has shifted from a Smackdown talent exchange to a Raw one)

If anything, Trips will probably be defending the title at the PPV.

I woulda mark out for that. but trips wont let it happen.

Um...what effect would Triple H have on that match?

I mean, Trips is on Smackdown now, whereas all the guys I mentioned for that match are either on Raw or ECW (which has shifted from a Smackdown talent exchange to a Raw one)

If anything, Trips will probably be defending the title at the PPV.

But HHH is an asshole who ruins everything good in wrestling! Don't you pay attention?

Come on, DCH woulda MARK OUT~! for this match! Of course the evil Hunter's going to ruin it!

But HHH is an asshole who ruins everything good in wrestling! Don't you pay attention?

Come on, DCH woulda MARK OUT~! for this match! Of course the evil Hunter's going to ruin it!

Really, that HHH jab from DCH made no sense, as much as I don't like HHH.

Marty Jannetty just posted a very weird, spontaneous blog about Shawn Michaels on his MySpace. I've cleaned it up to make it more readable (he's only a few levels above Ashley Massaro in the typing level department).

I am in love with each and every one of you. Well, except for one of you. See if you can guess which one that is. And with that being said, I woke up just about 1 hour ago not feeling worth a turd's ass. I dont know why. I kinda think that the 24 years of bouncing my stupid ass body around a wrestling ring, and taking 10 foot backdrops on a concrete floor over and over again has taken its toll. I'm starting to feel like what Shawn looks like in the ring. For those in the know, I dont need to tell you what that means. I can say it surprises me he would stick around when he looks like a 60 year old man doing the 60 year old man Ric Flair upside down bump in the corner. Now, dont get me wrong, I love Shawn. Not like Bret does, if you saw that picture. I mean I have true genuine caring compassionate love for a person who stabbed my ass in the back several times to get ahead, but then made amends for it as he became a better person, a Christian, although he still KNOWINGLY lied his ass off about me in his book. And the best part is he called my great friend Bobby "BS" Sanford over to make a point of saying, "I hear from your shoot interviews you remember things differently than how I've told them in my shoot interviews. So tell me, because it will go into the book we are writing right now, however you tell me you remember it happened because, to me, it doesnt even matter. So Bobby is YOUR witness when you see it in the book." I told him not just how I remembered it happening, but exactly word for word how IT DID HAPPEN with best friend Bobby, right there to hear Shawn's disgusted reaction, which was, "Damn it (yes, Christians are allowed to say that in a moment of frustration) MJ, how do you remember more shit than me and yet you did more drugs than I did??" Then he went stomping off like a little kid who didnt get his way. And guess what? How do you think the story went in his book, even with Bobby, called over by Shawn for a witness? Same fucking lie he told his whole life since that day. What day and event are we speaking of? When he threw his normal Shawn Michaels spoiled brat temper tantrum, and said, "Fuck this MJ, call Vince and tell him we quit," which all was over us getting paid less than everyone else at a commercial shoot. I told Shawn, "Make sure you mean this before I do it, because I'll damn sure do it." His reply? "Oh fuck yes, do it, do it, fuck them lets quit." So no biggie. MJ went over and put in the word we quit. But then 4 hours later I got a call from Vince MacMahon, saying if I wanted to stay on and wrestle singles, I was welcomed. In which I said I was not going to go behind Shawn's back like that and betray him. Which Vince said, "Well that's funny, Shawn just called me and said he had nothing to do with what you called and said, and he was staying." I called Shawn in disbelief only to hear him say, "MJ, on the flight home I had time to think about it. Your house is paid off, I still gotta make payments, you are single, I am married. I mean really, dude, I just cant afford to quit right now." So you left me to be the bad guy. You lied out your ass saying you had nothing to do with it.

Well, I'm sure Shawn is a piece of shit, fucked Marty over, and continues to lie about it. But hey, everytime Marty runs out of money for blow, he can't get mad and start posting shit about the guy.

Marty is probably the only guy in the business I feel bad for, I always thought he was better then Shawn, but it seems he was loyal to a fault, and it also didn't help that he was doped up most of the time and kept getting himself fired. Shawn stabbed him in the back, but I think Shawn has tried to help him out a few times, sure it was 10 years to late, but he did try.

Are you sure it will be R-truth? What about our lovable oaf Festus? He's the Corn Fed Colossus. /sarcasm.

Screw you, I voted for Festus.

Yeah, it is, but it's time for Marty to get over it. I can understand him being pissed about the book, seeing as Shawn was a born again christian and all, yet he still continued to be a liar in his book and dvd. Still, Marty has to let this shit go, one day he loves the guy, the next day he's telling people how Shawn was a piece of shit. If Shawn vouched for him to get a job again, he'll change his tune about Shawn again. If he gets called to participate in another project involving Shawn, he'll show up again, so he needs to stop the bullshit.

You know what pisses me off? The fact that if RAW draws a low rating there is always a comment about how WWE will blame *insert internet darling here*.

But that's what they actually do.