TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vampiro69

PS 3 problem

My PS 3 has acted up on me in the last week. Here is the lowdown

1. The player won't play Blu-Ray movies or regular DVD's.

2. It will usually play PS 3 games, although everyonce in awhile they suffer a slowdown.

3. PS 1 games play just fine.

My one year warranty ran out at the end of August. So I am out of luck on that front. Do any of you have a idea of what I could try to get the Blu-Ray player working? I dusted it with some canned air so that shouldn't be it.

In all my years I have never had a system die on me and I don't want to end that streak so some help would be appreciated.

It does sound like a laser issue. Call Sony and ask them, even if your warranty is up, they'll (hopefully) still answer your question. They'll might even sell you a new warranty so you can send it to them, which would be a good thing because if you open up your playstation to fix it, you're basically screwed on re-selling it or sending it back to Sony for anything.

I'm having a problem with my ps3 now too. A clear bar will run up and down the screen when its on, and it has a loud obnoxious buzzing sound at all times. I'm sending it in tomorrow, but was wondering if anyone knew if this is something I can fix myself?

Might be your cables. Is the buzzing coming from the machine or from the clear bar that shows up on the tv?

I'm less then a month with mine and it just stopped reading discs earlier today. Tried a few discs....nothing. Going to try a few other things this evening to get it working.

Hmm, there's been a steady flow of PS3 problems lately, this is just over a year on from when it was released - pretty similar to 360 and its RROD. You'd think Sony would have learned by now with the PS2 disk tray problem to make sure their dvd/BR players are going to last the long haul.

Thing is, when I say "its always the lazer" its because it is. You'd think Sony would've learned from the ps1 on the ps2 issues but they didnt. You'd think Sony would've then learned from the ps2 issues which were brought up ny the PS1 isssues but they DIDNT.

Their never gonna learn. Which is why I'll prolly never buy their glorified Ps.2.5.

Yeah, PS1 - laser issues. Temporary fix: Put the system upside down.

PS2 - laser issues. Temporary fix: None, watch sadly as the PS2 dies slowly.

PS3 - laser issues? Maaayyyyyyybe.

PS2 - laser issues. Temporary fix: None, watch sadly as the PS2 dies slowly.

Yeah, there was a fix, but it meant opening up the system and voiding the warranty.

Ok, so I received my pre-paid box from Sony today. PS3 is packed up and ready to go. Only 1 thing has me a little worried about the process: I bought the PS3 from Dell during the days of deals special. Thing is is that on the invoice it doesn't list the serial number for the PS3. Sony says that they want a proof of purchase with the serial number. I called Sony's customer service (twice actually) and 1 rep said the invoice should be fine, and the other wasn't as optimistic. I called Dell and the invoice is really the only piece of info they can give me...no serial number. Hopefully it won't be an issue.

Ok, so I received my pre-paid box from Sony today. PS3 is packed up and ready to go. Only 1 thing has me a little worried about the process: I bought the PS3 from Dell during the days of deals special. Thing is is that on the invoice it doesn't list the serial number for the PS3. Sony says that they want a proof of purchase with the serial number. I called Sony's customer service (twice actually) and 1 rep said the invoice should be fine, and the other wasn't as optimistic. I called Dell and the invoice is really the only piece of info they can give me...no serial number. Hopefully it won't be an issue.

When my PS2 had problems, I was taken care of by Sony well. I'd still worry, but I'd be optimistic.

When my PS2 had problems, I was taken care of by Sony well. I'd still worry, but I'd be optimistic.

It's nothing that is keeping me up at night or anything, but there is a lingering doubt in the back of my mind.

Wow, I just got my PS3 back from Sony. Issue has been resolved. According to the work order they replaced the Blu Ray Drive. Verified that everything is in fine, working order now.

Gotta say that was a lot quicker then I thought. Kudos to Sony for prompt service.

Wow, I just got my PS3 back from Sony. Issue has been resolved. According to the work order they replaced the Blu Ray Drive. Verified that everything is in fine, working order now.

Gotta say that was a lot quicker then I thought. Kudos to Sony for prompt service.

They do it best. Well, maybe Nintendo is good too.

They're better than Microsoft.