TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

2008-2009 NBA Preseason

More on the Baylor mess from nba.fanhouse.com

When a person leaves a position over a dispute, there is often conflict. Especially when that person has held the position for 22 years.

And when a person works long-term for a struggling organization, things can get a little nutty. Especially when that organization is the Los Angeles Clippers.

The LA Times reports today that a day after Elgin Baylor and the Los Angeles Clippers officially separated from a 22-year relationship, Baylor is considering legal action against the Clippers over how his tenure ended. Apparently one of the key issues may revolve around the fact that, get this, Baylor has been working without a contract since the early 90's, "having been told that one was not necessary."

Oh, boy.

Where to start here? Baylor, despite his living legend status, has often bore the brundt of criticism for the management decisions of the Clippers. And to be working without a contract, regardless of circumstances, is just reckless regarding your financial and legal safety. On the other hand, the Clippers had a General Manager without actually having him under contract. That's equally reckless for your organization. And the fact that this situation seems to have dissolved so quickly and that players were left in the dark about it, that's another black mark.

I have a lot of sympathy for Clippers fans and the organization, being constantly overshadowed by the Lakers. But it's things like this that are the reason there's a well know phase: "Yup, they're the Clippers."

Guest C*Z*E*C*H
Bulls are a year away from the conference finals

canadoodles_image1.jpg

You have more faith in Vinny than I do. This team is baaaad.

My Cousin Vinny is gonna win the Coach of the Year, Czech. He's gonna be like how Zorn is for the Redskins in the NFL... a punchline to fans that exceeds all the weak expectations they set for him in his first year.

My Cousin Vinny is gonna win the Coach of the Year, Czech. He's gonna be like how Zorn is for the Redskins in the NFL... a punchline to fans that exceeds all the weak expectations they set for him in his first year.

I think the team blows up in his face around the All-Star break.

The Pacers traded Shawne Williams to Dallas for Eddie Jones and two second-round picks. Now, if Josh Howard kills someone in one of his pot-induced hazes, he has the comfort of knowing that he has a teammate who will loan him his vehicle to make a getaway!

And with that move by the Professor, Kobe's dreams of becoming part of the And1 Mixtape Tour went up in smoke.

You know he's going to want to score 100 on the Kings when they meet in the regular season because of that.

I'm no Kobe fan, but I actually think he was flopping to try and get a call on the minor brush with his arm Udrih gave him. Of course he was only flopping because he got beat -really- badly in the first place. You can even see him yelling as he falls back trying to sell it.

Guest C*Z*E*C*H

Luol Deng successfully told Vinny Del Negro not to sub him out of the game. Not even game 1 of 82 and he's already had his authority undermined, just like Boylan. Take 'em to lunch, Vinny. Fuuuun year, fun fun fun fun year.

Isiah Thomas is a scumbag. For anyone who hasn't heard by now he lied about the OD and tried to blame the entire thing on some vague issue with his 17 yr old daughter. Now maybe there was something with her that led to him ODing on the pills, but what kind of father would try to deflect this off of himself and drag his daughter into the story. What a piece of shit.

Isiah Thomas is a scumbag. For anyone who hasn't heard by now he lied about the OD and tried to blame the entire thing on some vague issue with his 17 yr old daughter. Now maybe there was something with her that led to him ODing on the pills, but what kind of father would try to deflect this off of himself and drag his daughter into the story. What a piece of shit.

Man, outside of OJ Simpson has anyone done more to tarnish their playing career with stupid behavior after retirement than Isiah has?

So, the season starts in less than 4 hours with Cavaliers/Celtics.

In other news, Milwaukee claimed Austin Croshere off waivers. The Lakers released Coby Karl. New York released Patrick Ewing, Jr., which means he probably won't have a career since he couldn't even make the lowly Knicks.