TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BUTT

Hey, they're bringing back Unsolved Mysteries

http://www.spike.com/blog/unsolved-mysteries/64593

This article is seven months old, but it tells you all you need to know. Starts October 13th.

This rules. Unsolved Mysteries was one of my favorite shows when I was a wee lad. Every weeknight at 7 on Lifetime, then new episodes Wednesday, and later Friday, at 8. When it left NBC I fell out of the loop. I never really watched it on CBS, but I did see some of the new episodes they made for Lifetime in 2001. It was nice to see Stack out there in his 80s doing the same old act. It bummed me out when he died.

But now it's back, with Dennis Farina. He seems like he'd be a good choice. I'm glad they stuck with the "star of old-school crime drama as host" approach, rather than picking a younger, hipper dude. I like my UM hosts to be grizzled, experienced and as serious as the rubella virus. I always felt that the Unsolved Mysteries concept was one that could be repurposed over and over again because there are always going to be unsolved crimes out there. Here's hoping for a healthy revival.

Favorite episode: The Alcatraz escape show. Can't find it on Youtube 'cuz apparently the producers are all vigilant about that shit. That's OK, I have it on DVD. And VHS!

That show died when Robert did.

The cameo of Robert and the show in "Baseketball" is really the funniest moment in the whole movie.

The cameo of Robert and the show in "Baseketball" is really the funniest moment in the whole movie.

"Scenario #2: He hung himself in his fucking closet."

"Update: We still don't know where this fucking guy is."

"Scenario #2: He hung himself in his fucking closet."

"Update: We still don't know where this fucking guy is."

Actually it's

Scenario #1: He's hanging by his neck in his fucking closet

I still have the wav film on my computer with that and the "Update: We still have no fucking clue where this guy is"

Man, Robert Stack was all kinds of awesome.

When I was a kid, nothing scared me as much as this show. I think 90% of it was because of Robert Stack, though.

I was scared of the show too...and then I saw this:

And it made me terrified.

I can't watch it without Stack. Though, if they still have the awesome mysteries of dumb fuck American getting lost when partying in foreign countries and alien encounter mysteries, I just might give it a shot.

A year ago they were airing the series on "Mystery" in Canada (the chopped up "Lifetime" versions with no full opening). It was fun to look up stuff on Google. For example, there was a case of a kidnapped/missing child where all the evidence pointed at the father (and the father was on the show explaining his alibis or something), then they did the "UPDATE!" deal where they said the dad was indeed arrested and put on trial and what not. When I looked up the case, there was a website put up by the dad looking for the real killer.

I think the scariest tories I saw was one where this women was driving down a lone road behind this truck and the guy randomly got out and shot her. nother is where a crazy guy pulled up and shot this boy (portrayed by a young Matthew McConaughey BTW) went back to his car and came back and offed the boy w/ another shot. I dont remember the name of the cases though.

2nd case was larry Dickens, his mother was washing dishes and looked out to see a man leave his truck with no pants on. He exposed himself to some kids, and she called her son. He went out and confronted the man, then took his keys. The man then shot larry with a handgun 2-3 times in the chest, then in the head, and Larry wouldn't even fall down. The man went back to his truck as Larry's mother forced him to lay down on the cement. The man grabbed a shotgun and blew Larry's head off as his mother hung over him. The man drove through several police barricades but was captured. He made bail and disappeared for like 15 years. He was then captured in like 1995 and I think died in jail.

2nd case was larry Dickens, his mother was washing dishes and looked out to see a man leave his truck with no pants on. He exposed himself to some kids, and she called her son. He went out and confronted the man, then took his keys. The man then shot larry with a handgun 2-3 times in the chest, then in the head, and Larry wouldn't even fall down. The man went back to his truck as Larry's mother forced him to lay down on the cement. The man grabbed a shotgun and blew Larry's head off as his mother hung over him. The man drove through several police barricades but was captured. He made bail and disappeared for like 15 years. He was then captured in like 1995 and I think died in jail.

The real unsolved mystery is what stupid ass judge would let that guy be able to be bailed out. Shoots a man 4 times including blowing his head off with a shotgun, runs through police barricades, add in the minor exposed himself to children and yet...the judge thought bail would be acceptable. Talk about a lousy judge.

The real unsolved mystery is what stupid ass judge would let that guy be able to be bailed out. Shoots a man 4 times including blowing his head off with a shotgun, runs through police barricades, add in the minor exposed himself to children and yet...the judge thought bail would be acceptable. Talk about a lousy judge.

Fucking Seriously. They ought to start locking up some of these hippie asshole judges for stupid decisions such as these. Watching that story again, I'm really surprised the police didn't blow that lowlife away when he pulled that shotgun on them, as they were well within their rights to do so. It def. would've saved a lot of pain, time, and money, that's for sure.

Kurt's story is a REPEAT.... as all the stories are REPEATS....

Kurt's story is about all the obvious ??? around his death and originally aired like 12-13 years ago.

What do you want them to promote to snag the casual viewers?