TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianGuitarist

The Hockey Thread - October

And CBC in Canada. At 9, there's a voting show with the five finalists for the new HNIC theme.

HNIC has a VERY different meaning where I'm from.

Is there any specific reason those four teams were chosen to play in Europe?

And CBC in Canada. At 9, there's a voting show with the five finalists for the new HNIC theme.

Well, when the decision was made, the Rangers had Czech-born Jaromir Jagr, but...

I don't think Petr Prucha and Demetri Kalinin were what the NHL had in mind.

Sens/Pens is obvious. Hometown hero Alfredsson and NHL posterboy Crosby. The other two are probably more random or maybe, as someone said, they hoped for Jagr.

This Stamkos kid is fucking fast.

What else does HNIC mean? I'm sure it's not universally known as Hockey Night in Canada, but I didn't get what you meant, nor did I understand what I assume was a zinger from Barron.

What else does HNIC mean? I'm sure it's not universally known as Hockey Night in Canada, but I didn't get what you meant, nor did I understand what I assume was a zinger from Barron.

Head Nigger in Charge.

God, the NHL can't even get the openers on VS. :angry: You'd think they'd at least try to make it seem like important event instead of a footnote.

Peter Schaefer has been waived. With the comment of "more transactions to come".

*throws confetti*

The Blake Wheeler era has begun.

And Mark Bell has been placed on waivers. You know your career is over if you can't make it on a shitty team like Toronto.

And this is a guy who was described in 2004 as "Hockey's most underrated player" by Don Cherry. He really was a big fish in a small pond in Chicago, but, clearly, it's been downhill since then.

Twenty-two goals? That's a very fair signing at 3 mil per.

The 1996-97 season opener Thursday should be very interesting in Detroit, with Alanis Morrisette singing. At work this morning, I thought I heard Def Leppard would be there, but can that be?

Because Philadelphia fans have not made the news for a while

Philadelphia, PA – October 8, 2008) Alaska Governor Sarah Palin, the nation’s most popular hockey mom, will join the winner of the Philadelphia Flyers regional search for the “Ultimate Hockey Mom” contest and drop the puck at the ceremonial opening face-off as the home team Flyers host the New York Rangers at the Wachovia Center on Saturday, October 11 at 7 p.m.

“Because of the tremendous amount of publicity she has brought to our sport, we invited the most popular hockey mom in North America to our home opener to help us get our season started,” said Comcast-Spectacor Chairman Ed Snider who founded the Flyers in 1967. “We are very excited she has accepted our offer and we are very proud of the publicity she is generating for hockey moms and the sport of hockey.”

The Flyers have been searching for the ultimate hockey mom in the Greater Philadelphia Region through an on line contest which asked hockey players or hockey moms themselves to submit their hockey mom poster to the team.

Hockey moms and players were encouraged to submit posters showing their hockey mom pride and their loyalty and dedication to the sport via the team’s website, philadelphiaflyers.com, by October 7. The team will award all hockey moms entered into the contest with a free "puck-er peach" lipstick and four tickets to a Philadelphia Phantoms hockey game. The winner will appear on the ice with Palin for opening face-off.

That is going to be hilarious. Can't wait to see it emerge on YouTube.

Once again, everyone in the city seems convinced that this is the year the Blue Jackets make the playoffs. On the plus side, the disappointment that is likely bound to result will make it much easier to get tickets later in the season.

Ugh. I have a feeling she'll get a warm Philadelphia welcome.

Imagine if she gets on the mic and tries to be folksy.

Piper Palin would fit in good with the Philly crowd.

2czc1uabuzz.jpg