TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE No Mercy 2008

I think we have a MOTY frontrunner.

Alright...I watched this show.

What match?

Well, you can't go wrong with either world championship match.

I thought that HHH/Hardy was the better match. If Hardy had won after countering the pedigree the roof would have come off the place.

I should admit I havn't seen most of this years PPVs, but the ladder match was brutal and had enough new spots that I'm intial reaction if that it's a MOTY contender. First time in a long time I feel like I really need to go out and get the DVD for a match. HHH/Jeff was **** in my book as well.

People really thought Jeff was going to win?

Trips really did his job.

Yes. He's really mastered the "bury everyone else on your roster and beat the guy you don't clean" method of being a face.

Losing the match to the Champ isn't getting buried, the Champ isn't supposed too lose.

Trips has only been the champ since Backlash.

Is Joe burying people in TNA when he doesn't lose his title matches?

Is Nigel burying people in by not losing title matches?

Jeff Hardy doesn't deserve the title, and you all know it.

Alright...I'm going to make the mistake of not treating you like a retard...

HHH has spent every show leading up to a ppv since moving to SD! walking around explaining to people (MVP, Kendrick) why they aren't in his league.

He took Khali seriously. Beat him clean.

He tool Hardy somewhat seriously (after kinda burying him on the mic) and beat him clean too.

After Koslov there is NO ONE LEFT that HHH puts on his level.

And I'm telling you, don't insult me again.

Triple H has beaten Khali, Cena, Edge, and Jeff Hardy all in good single matches. He hasn't buried anybody.

Nigel has beaten everybody in roh twice as Champion...Does that means he's burying them?

Joe has beaten everybody he has come up against since being Champ...Is he burying people in TNA?

Get a fucking grip, nobody expected Hardy to win going in to this match. The fact that they actually thought he had a chance, means both guys put on a good match and made people forget it was Jeff fucking Hardy in there, and that the WWE will probably never put the title on the guy, because he's a FUCKING JUNKIE! People getting mad that Jeff lost, just shows that both guys did a good job in that match, making you believe he might have a chance,.

Which wasn't that hard considering Triple H took every finishing move in Jeff's arsenal.

Yes. He's really mastered the "bury everyone else on your roster and beat the guy you don't clean" method of being a face.

Losing the match to the Champ isn't getting buried, the Champ isn't supposed too lose.

HHH has spent every show leading up to a ppv since moving to SD! walking around explaining to people (MVP, Kendrick) why they aren't in his league.

He tool Hardy somewhat seriously (after kinda burying him on the mic) and beat him clean too.

Triple H has beaten Khali, Cena, Edge, and Jeff Hardy all in good single matches. He hasn't buried anybody.

Nigel has beaten everybody in roh twice as Champion...Does that means he's burying them?

Joe has beaten everybody he has come up against since being Champ...Is he burying people in TNA?

Get a fucking grip, nobody expected Hardy to win going in to this match. The fact that they actually thought he had a chance, means both guys put on a good match and made people forget it was Jeff fucking Hardy in there, and that the WWE will probably never put the title on the guy, because he's a FUCKING JUNKIE! People getting mad that Jeff lost, just shows that both guys did a good job in that match, making you believe he might have a chance,.

People only but what is sold to them.

I don't care that Hardy didn't win (I don't even like Hardy) but this HHH title reign has been horrid. They started the NEXT PROGRAM before they blew this one off.

I don't, for the life of me, understand how you can defend the HHH title reign. Joe and Nigel don't come on their shows and tell everyone they aren't on the same level (as a face) and then beat them (as a face).

Amazing ladder match, but I think as far as match quality goes Edge-Taker TLC > Jericho/Michaels.

Edge and Taker have 3 MOTYCs so far in my opinon. WM, ONS, and HIAC. Jericho and Michaels have the last two PPVs.

300px-Hulk_Smash_1.jpg

Awesome pay-per-view. Hardy-Henry was good and the crowd was really into it. Beth walked out as champion, thank god. Kane-Mysterio was what I expected, JBL-Batista was kept short enough, and I liked Big Show KOing Taker for the win. Triple H-Hardy was exciting and I'm just glad Koslov didn't come out and cause a double DQ. The ladder match was very good, though I too wish they did the suplex over the ladder spot. I would have had Hardy or HBK win, but still..no real complaints about the show. Oh and the MVP/Orton/Priceless/Punk/Kofi segment was pretty entertaining.

Which wasn't that hard considering Triple H took every finishing move in Jeff's arsenal.

Are we forgetting HHH hand picked Jeff to get a push, lost a match to Jeff, and put on a good match at No Way Out with Jeff? Hell Jeff is the only person since Batista to kick out of the pedigree in 3 years. If Jeff didn't fuck up, he would've been Champ by now, that is obviously where they was heading after mania, but Jeff fucked it up. That is his fault, not HHH.

Yeah he took all of Jeff moves but that helped make the match good.

Did people really want to pay 30 bucks too see Koslov interfer and make the match a DQ, just because they didn't want too see Trips win a good match, by getting a fluke pin?

I have to ask...

what does ANYONE see in MVP?!

Good promos, good matches... What do you NOT see?

He doesn't have "the look"

He doesn't have the charisma

He looks like he's going diving with that awful get up

He lacks in ring talent

Ummm...I could go on...

Are we forgetting HHH hand picked Jeff to get a push, lost a match to Jeff, and put on a good match at No Way Out with Jeff? Hell Jeff is the only person since Batista to kick out of the pedigree in 3 years. If Jeff didn't fuck up, he would've been Champ by now, that is obviously where they was heading after mania, but Jeff fucked it up. That is his fault, not HHH.

Yeah he took all of Jeff moves but that helped make the match good.

Did people really want to pay 30 bucks too see Koslov interfer and make the match a DQ, just because they didn't want too see Trips win a good match, by getting a fluke pin?

Woah Woah Woah Woah Woah Woah Woah...

It was Jeff's fault prior to Mania. It's not his fault that his title show it booked to sell ppvs 6 months after that

I have to ask...

He lacks in ring talent

Ummm...I could go on...

He totally has the look.

He more than has the charisma.

His attire is terrible...that's true.

He's as good in the ring as anything else they're pushing.

I don't care that Hardy didn't win (I don't even like Hardy) but this HHH title reign has been horrid. They started the NEXT PROGRAM before they blew this one off.

I don't, for the life of me, understand how you can defend the HHH title reign. Joe and Nigel don't come on their shows and tell everyone they aren't on the same level (as a face) and then beat them (as a face).

I agree the title reign hasn't been good, but I put that on bad booking on SD's end, This was happenong way before HHH got there. Their top heel was involved with Taker, and MVP contrary to popular belief has been losing steam since Mania, way before Trips got there, so they couldn't do that program. Hayes was gone and that seems like the only guy who knows how too book MVP.

The heel side on Smackdown has been hurt by bad booking and injury, most of that is because they wasted too much time on Taker/Edge. You only have Benjamin, MVP, Kendrick, Koslov and Show is involved with Taker. There aren't really any strong heels on SD right now, and that has been a problem since January. So I understand them going with Jeff/HHH.

MVP being a idiot during a drug test didn't help things either

I agree the title reign hasn't been good, but I put that on bad booking on SD's end, This was happenong way before HHH got there. Their top heel was involved with Taker, and MVP contrary to popular belief has been losing steam since Mania, way before Trips got there, so they couldn't do that program. Hayes was gone and that seems like the only guy who knows how too book MVP.

The heel side on Smackdown has been hurt by bad booking and injury, most of that is because they wasted too much time on Taker/Edge. You only have Benjamin, MVP, Kendrick, Koslov and Show is involved with Taker. There aren't really any strong heels on SD right now, and that has been a problem since January. So I understand them going with Jeff/HHH.

MVP being a idiot during a drug test didn't help things either

Honestly...I agree with all of this.

Watching the match, I felt there was a chance Jeff could pull off this win. That's good enough for me.

Exactly.

OK. Here's my point on this. They have this guy that they obviously like....who people LOVE...and they keep putting him "this close" and he loses. They chose to put him right back near the top when he fucked up the second time...and they should have to eat some shit for his constant failure to grab that "brass ring". They can't make his personal problems part of the storyline and think the happy ending is his constant failure. What they booked was a great storyline with a bad ending. The same way they did with Booker and race before Mania 19. The same way they did with RVD and Kane in the same era.

It always seems to be a midcard guy that they get people beind...and they lose to the same person. Everytime. It's gotten beyond stale.

Some of you are unbelievable...

A few years the trend was hating John Cena and everything the WWE is about

Now the trend is apparently liking every single aspect of the WWE programming...

I didn't watch the show and I'm glad that I didn't. By the reactions that the show got, and seeing you guys react this enthusiastically to the last couple of months of Raw and Smackdown, it's kind of clear that I wouldn't enjoy this.

He lacks in ring talent

Ummm...I could go on...

He totally has the look.

I still don't get the hate on MVP's attire. I think it's perfectly fine for the character he's playing...

He lacks in ring talent

Ummm...I could go on...

He totally has the look.

I still don't get the hate on MVP's attire. I think it's perfectly fine for the character he's playing...

It was fine for the character he was playing last year. It's obviously stupid to say that his attire is holding him back...but at the same time I don't see that suit with a world title around it

I have to ask...

He lacks in ring talent

Ummm...I could go on...

There are things to be said about the other comments as well, but just on the attire note, look at the men in your sig. From the pink spandex pants and top, to the most homosexual (yet badass) robes ever...someone's attire should be one of the least influencing things on whether a person is good or not.

It was fine for the character he was playing last year. It's obviously stupid to say that his attire is holding him back...but at the same time I don't see that suit with a world title around it

But he's still basically playing the same character he did last year. Or did you miss the promo tonight?

Watching the match, I felt there was a chance Jeff could pull off this win. That's good enough for me.

Exactly.

OK. Here's my point on this. They have this guy that they obviously like....who people LOVE...and they keep putting him "this close" and he loses. They chose to put him right back near the top when he fucked up the second time...and they should have to eat some shit for his constant failure to grab that "brass ring". They can't make his personal problems part of the storyline and think the happy ending is his constant failure. What they booked was a great storyline with a bad ending. The same way they did with Booker and race before Mania 19. The same way they did with RVD and Kane in the same era.

It always seems to be a midcard guy that they get people beind...and they lose to the same person. Everytime. It's gotten beyond stale.

I agree with this, I also don't like Trips "shooting" on the guys, like he's been doing. I was going too mention all this, before you called me a retard. He hasn't really help things out on Smackdown. When you have him and a guy like Taker on the same show, your basically forcing the audience too look forward to that showdown, even if that isn't your intentions.

One thing people can't say, is that Jeff isn't a draw. This is why I think they keep him at top, because they can plug him in a title match at any time and people wiill always believe he's going too pull it off, it's pretty awesome too have such a spot.

I have to ask...

He lacks in ring talent

Ummm...I could go on...

There are things to be said about the other comments as well, but just on the attire note, look at the men in your sig. From the pink spandex pants and top, to the most homosexual (yet badass) robes ever...someone's attire should be one of the least influencing things on whether a person is good or not.

But he's still basically playing the same character he did last year. Or did you miss the promo tonight?

Someone has to step up. They're pushing Koslov... but MVP is the best option IMO. The guy can cut a money promo...and he can work. They put a wall in front of him for reasons I just don't get.

Exactly.

I agree with this, I also don't like Trips "shooting" on the guys, like he's been doing. I was going too mention all this, before you called me a retard. He hasn't really help things out on Smackdown. When you have him and a guy like Taker on the same show, your basically forcing the audience too look forward to that showdown, even if that isn't your intentions.

One thing people can't say, is that Jeff isn't a draw. This is why I think they keep him at top, because they can plug him in a title match at any time and people wiill always believe he's going too pull it off, it's pretty awesome too have such a spot.

This is my main problem with the booking. If Hardy had pinned HHH after countering the pedigree...I don't think you've made a star. Hardy's already a star... I think you've made a draw. A guy that can hold the title and work a main event match with the title on the line. It refreshes everything.

Now you can do HHH vs. Koslov, Jericho vs. whoever, HBK vs. Cade, Hardy vs. whoever, Taker vs. Show, Edge returning and the Punk vs. the lower midcard and I think you can sell a ppv without giving away ONE money match. And when all the right guys win you do the big matches at the big shows.

looking at where it's left now... HHH has Koslov for a title no one thinks Koslov can win (so he might), and Hardy has to explain why he failed again and still be a top face.

I have to ask...

He lacks in ring talent

Ummm...I could go on...

Someone has to step up. They're pushing Koslov... but MVP is the best option IMO. The guy can cut a money promo...and he can work. They put a wall in front of him for reasons I just don't get.

He instigated the Henry/Hayes beef and he (alledgely) told a doctor "They went to school to look at dicks' during a drug test...He isn't without blame.

He's awesome though.

I have to ask...

He lacks in ring talent

Ummm...I could go on...

You are a complete jackass.

I have to ask...

He lacks in ring talent

Ummm...I could go on...

He instigated the Henry/Hayes beef and he (alledgely) told a doctor "They went to school to look at dicks' during a drug test...He isn't without blame.

He's awesome though.

Him telling the doctors that only makes him more awesome.

And yeah...

I think they're leaving a lot of money on the table with MVP.

This guy just flat out has "it".

Wow, did we get enough of the bps vs Truthiness feud tonight? It's just wrestling kids, calm down (and I'm automatically putting bps in the wrong for what sounds like bias against Shawn Michaels, the greatest of all time).