TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE No Mercy 2008

I have to ask...

what does ANYONE see in MVP?!

Good promos, good matches... What do you NOT see?

He doesn't have "the look"

He doesn't have the charisma

He looks like he's going diving with that awful get up

He lacks in ring talent

Ummm...I could go on...

You are a complete jackass.

+1 & QFT

He's actually listed four of MVP's genuine great qualities.

And I include his awesome ring gear.

Some of you are unbelievable...

A few years the trend was hating John Cena and everything the WWE is about

Now the trend is apparently liking every single aspect of the WWE programming...

I didn't watch the show and I'm glad that I didn't.

Then you're not technically entitled to bitch that people might have liked either of the two main matches on the show then, are you?

Sorry the trend isn't unending negativity about something you haven't even watched so you can feel popular. Jesus.

I have to ask...

He lacks in ring talent

Ummm...I could go on...

There are things to be said about the other comments as well, but just on the attire note, look at the men in your sig. From the pink spandex pants and top, to the most homosexual (yet badass) robes ever...someone's attire should be one of the least influencing things on whether a person is good or not.

It was fine for the character he was playing last year. It's obviously stupid to say that his attire is holding him back...but at the same time I don't see that suit with a world title around it

But he's still basically playing the same character he did last year. Or did you miss the promo tonight?

Someone has to step up. They're pushing Koslov... but MVP is the best option IMO. The guy can cut a money promo...and he can work. They put a wall in front of him for reasons I just don't get.

It looked like they were going with MVP during the second show after the draft. Gets into a heated segment with the one guy the fans seem to love on a consistent basis, and goes over him. Looks pretty good up until the Scramble match... then it has been downhill ever since. Well, Trips did make him look good during a Smackdown Main Event.

MVP still hasn't recovered since Matt Hardy got injured. I mean, when's the last time he's actually drawn heat like he used too? Most of the time these days... he gets a very mild face reaction to downright apathy from the crowd. Only time they hated him was during the build to his match with Jeff, and even then during the match he was getting the mild face reaction.

I have to ask...

He lacks in ring talent

Ummm...I could go on...

There are things to be said about the other comments as well, but just on the attire note, look at the men in your sig. From the pink spandex pants and top, to the most homosexual (yet badass) robes ever...someone's attire should be one of the least influencing things on whether a person is good or not.

It was fine for the character he was playing last year. It's obviously stupid to say that his attire is holding him back...but at the same time I don't see that suit with a world title around it

But he's still basically playing the same character he did last year. Or did you miss the promo tonight?

Someone has to step up. They're pushing Koslov... but MVP is the best option IMO. The guy can cut a money promo...and he can work. They put a wall in front of him for reasons I just don't get.

It looked like they were going with MVP during the second show after the draft. Gets into a heated segment with the one guy the fans seem to love on a consistent basis, and goes over him. Looks pretty good up until the Scramble match... then it has been downhill ever since. Well, Trips did make him look good during a Smackdown Main Event.

MVP still hasn't recovered since Matt Hardy got injured. I mean, when's the last time he's actually drawn heat like he used too? Most of the time these days... he gets a very mild face reaction to downright apathy from the crowd. Only time they hated him was during the build to his match with Jeff, and even then during the match he was getting the mild face reaction.

I think they should pull the trigger on a face run, but don't change his character, just change who he faces.

I liked this thread. From bps whining about HBK possibly winning (when he didn't), to that guy who didn't watch the show- entertaining stuff.

What I saw I really liked. HHH v. Hardy was really good, and I thought the ladder match was great stuff.

Wow, did we get enough of the bps vs Truthiness feud tonight? It's just wrestling kids, calm down (and I'm automatically putting bps in the wrong for what sounds like bias against Shawn Michaels, the greatest of all time).

What's funny about the bps/Truthiness feud is bps "killing himself to become a ghost" a while back in a TNA thread after Truthiness kept arguing back and forth with him.

This show was heading towards WCW 1999 level crap during the first half but I will say that the last two matches delivered the goods big time to save this PPV. HHH vs. Jeff was a really good match with a hot finish and Jericho/HBK was a terrific main event with a truly brilliant finish that I've thought about over the years (two guys grabbing the belt at once).

Matt Hardy vs. Mark Henry was actually pretty decent and probably the best thing on the show before the main events. Enjoyed the psychology of Matt working over Henry's leg to cut the big man down to size.

Women's title match was of course total junk but at least Beth retained. I would have had a mega rant ready if they actually had put the belt on Candice.

Rey vs. Kane was also silly and made me notice that this PPV was full of too many dull big men in the ring vs. either each other or a smaller worker. The finish cool looking but showed that they had no idea who to put over with the mask stip.

The whole MVP/Orton/Priceless/Punk/Kofi medley was pointless and once again these long interview segments should NOT be on a PPV. With all these guys there why not actually book them to wrestle on the show? I can see some value in MVP being traded to Raw for Lance Cade.

Batista vs. JBL was amusing and thankfully short given their bleh matches in the past. Not really PPV caliber stuff, but at least Batista went over strong. JBL's promo was fun after the match, but the Cryme Tyme stuff was pointless. Again, if these guys are there why not actually book them?

UT vs. Show was pedestrian stuff, watchable I guess but if you've seen these guys wrestle once, you've seen it a hundred times. They have got to stop with the goofy MMA inspired knockout finishes, cause it just doesn't work in pro wrestling. The ref needs to raise a guy's hand 3 times at least, or just pin the guy.

Anyway, both title matches were really good stuff and make the show a moderately enjoyable show.

Sorry the trend isn't unending negativity about something you haven't even watched so you can feel popular. Jesus.

Well, people made fun of me on here when I said JBL's title run sucked and I said I didn't watch it, yet, I doubt anyone would disagree with me on that. As for No Mercy, I thought this PPV was really bad besides the 2 main events of course. And I too am getting really mad at WWE for putting on pointless talk segments that run on for like 20 mins. when they could actually have booked guys on the show. As for people who didn't think CM Punk would be buried, how about him not being booked on this show? The guy had the world title on the last PPV, to not even being booked on the next one. That's like Jericho in 2002 level of buried.

Well, people made fun of me on here when I said JBL's title run sucked and I said I didn't watch it, yet, I doubt anyone would disagree with me on that. As for No Mercy, I thought this PPV was really bad besides the 2 main events of course. And I too am getting really mad at WWE for putting on pointless talk segments that run on for like 20 mins. when they could actually have booked guys on the show. As for people who didn't think CM Punk would be buried, how about him not being booked on this show? The guy had the world title on the last PPV, to not even being booked on the next one. That's like Jericho in 2002 level of buried.

He is not getting fucking buried. Can you people please stop using that stupid term? The guy, Punk is feuding with can not wrestle right now, and if Punk touches him he will be suspended. Punk already broke that rule by slapping the shit out of Orton, and got a pass from Shane. So Punk is one up in the feud, and Orton is pissed that Punk got away with it. He isn't getting fucking buried. He's in a feud with the stable that helped Orton put him out, seeing as he CAN'T touch Orton right now, it makes sense that he goes after the guys he can do something about.

How is this shit hard too understand?

Well, of course in theory, Punk isn't supposed to be buried, but I just don't see how he will recover from the bad booking of the past month. The only time he wasn't booked bad after Unforgiven was in the cage match with Jericho, but that's about it. For one, having him in a feud with Orton was the dumbest thing WWE could do with him, since I know they probably won't put Punk over when they have a match, cause Orton will need a win coming back from injury, so I don't see him jobbing. And having Orton even on TV when he can't even make physical contact is another mistake, since we won't even see him get beat down, and we have to just listen to his boring ranting about the roster sucking.

There is nothing boring about Orton rants, he feels he's the best thing in WWE, and judging by the reaction he gets a lot of the fans seem too feel the same way.

Punk might lose the feud with Orton but that doesn't hurt him in the least, all he has too do is have good matches and he will stay over. Feuding with the 2nd top heel in the company, isn't a bad position too be in.

He is not getting fucking buried. Can you people please stop using that stupid term? The guy, Punk is feuding with can not wrestle right now, and if Punk touches him he will be suspended. Punk already broke that rule by slapping the shit out of Orton, and got a pass from Shane. So Punk is one up in the feud, and Orton is pissed that Punk got away with it. He isn't getting fucking buried. He's in a feud with the stable that helped Orton put him out, seeing as he CAN'T touch Orton right now, it makes sense that he goes after the guys he can do something about.

How is this shit hard too understand?

Yeah, I really don't get people saying that Punk is being buried. Hell, the guy was world champ for a few months and it can be tough on the body and mind. It's normal to see champions not work a lot, or be involve in less physical and more psychological feuds immediately after losing the world title. Gives them a chance to rest their bodies. Plus, I think the Punk/ Orton feud could be a big one, so it looks like it just a matter of making sure both guys are ready to go and well rested, thats all.

There is nothing boring about Orton rants, he feels he's the best thing in WWE, and judging by the reaction he gets a lot of the fans seem too feel the same way.

There's a lot of fans who think Orton is the best thing in WWE? Did I miss something? :huh:

There's a lot of fans who think Orton is the best thing in WWE? Did I miss something? :huh:

Yes too both.

Yes too both.

It's TO.

Did Noah Fentz actually say MVP had no charisma?

Yes.

Sorry, guys, but there will always be someone who disagrees with what EVERYONE says. Especially, are here! :D

I suppose I should at least say this...

MVP is definitely not MY favorite, but if he's yours, more power to ya. He simply doesn't do it for me. I think his level of look, charisma, etc. that you're all perceiving is relative to the field. Today's WWE is getting more and more bland, and perhaps he stands out to those that disagree with me. I must say over the course of the 30 years I've been watching wrestling, it is my opinion, he's nothing special.

Once he started feuding with Benoit, he really came into his own. I love that he's a big tape fan, and dig his moveset.

It sucks he's in the doghouse right now, they really should start pushing him again.

over the course of the 30 years I've been watching wrestling

No one cares

Yeah, I really don't get that Noah has to always somehow incorporate a bit in his post that makes him look like he's trying to convince everyone he knows everything. I mean, apparently he isn't the type of guy to do that, but fuck if most of his posts aren't some sort of a "i've done this so I think this" statement. Nobody needs to list their credentials in every single post.

Seems to me that Noah Fentz just goes against the popular opinion on this forum, just cause... I might be wrong, but thats how I viewed things from what I've seen from him.

For what it's worth, I think MVP's looked sluggish for a long time and his crowd reactions have been going downhill since before Triple H showed up and BERRIED~! him. Right now, if I'd just started watching WWE two weeks ago and saw MVP, I wouldn't say as I see huge potential in him, regardless of wins and losses.

But to say he has no charisma is a stretch. He's still got a good delivery in promos, still does some of the 'little things' that show he's got some sort of presence about him. I just re-watched the segment he had with Michael Hayes last year and he didn't look out of place dueling with a great promo guy like him.

So he's got charisma. He's just struggling at the moment is all.

There's a lot of fans who think Orton is the best thing in WWE? Did I miss something?

Honestly, who's better right now? I'd say Jericho would be somewhere up there and that's about it with Edge currently out.

Now, hold on a sec here. I've both agreed and disagreed with many members' opinions. As far as my "30 year" comment, it had NOTHING to do with me "knowing everything". I was referring to the talent pool of the last 30 years.

Stop being so damn sensitive, people! I think we're all just getting a bit too defensive/offensive. We are here to have fun by discussing wrestling, right?

Spare me the aggression and try to remember that I've heard all the "nobody cares" stuff before. I understand and respect that.

Thanks.

Heh...

That was totally directed at you. You have been pretty rude to me, since I came here. I'm not going to apologize for that.

You see, you think I'm pretentious? Take a good, long look at yourself.

I realize I came off wrong in the beginning, and I apologized. I've been told IRL that I sound condescending, but I do not intend to be at all nor am I, in reality. It's just the way I convey my thoughts, very matter-of-factly. For that, I will apologize. I try to give everyone the utmost respect.

When have I ever been rude to you? I don't recall ever making any negative comments about you, except maybe in response to one of your very first posts.

And I can't even begin to fathom why anyone would find me the least bit pretentious, especially in the wrestling folder. I have never claimed that my opinion matters more than anyone else's, and I make an effort to get along with everyone unless another person becomes an instigator.

Alright, enough is enough...

There have definitely been a few posts of yours that rubbed me the wrong way, but can we just get past this now?

If you want to discuss this further, hit me up in PM. Let's not continue this "you did this" and "you said that" in the No Mercy thread...

...although that seems somewhat appropriate.

:lol:

As far as I'm concerned, I like everyone here. I think we're all quirky and crazy, which is perfect for a wrestling board.

And Matt, yes my gimmick is to be a douche bag! Do you think I should change my gimmick? Tell you what, and this I promise...

The day MVP is WWE champ, I'll turn face, K?

Edit: Sorry, Venk, I posted this just after your comment, and I fully agree.

He totally has the look.