TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
1234-5678

Bull Durham Seqeul?

Kevin Costner is looking to make a sequel to his 1988 film, Bull Durham.

From Page Six:

"Kevin Costner recently met with director Ron Shelton at Trader Vic's in LA to discuss reprising the role of carousing catcher Crash Davis."

"Tim Robbins and Susan Sarandon are also expected to return as pitcher Nuke LaLoosh and baseball groupie Annie Savoy, who are now married and owners of a Major League team that Costner manages. Kristen Kerr, recently seen on Dexter, is being eyed as one of Crash's love interests, our insider said."

Wait, Nuke marries Annie? Huh? Doesn't that just erase everything about the first film?

Crash being a manager, yeah sure I can see that. Nuke being an owner....I don't know why but Nuke doesn't strike me as someone who would have saved money and invested wisely enough to be the owner of a major league baseball team. There is a lot about this that I don't like in the least.

And Crash wasn't the hot head, Nuke was the hot head. Seems those roles should have really been reversed with Crash and Annie being the owners, Nuke being the manager who mentors the young kid.

That whole plot makes zero sense if you've seen the first movie. Crash and Annie end up together at the end and there's no real way Nuke would ever bother with her again since he went to the Major League. And wouldn't Nuke mentor a young pitcher that reminds him of himself rather than Crash doing it?

Not exactly being a Dane Cook hater or a fan, that news just makes me say....eh.

Being that it was a joke it should have made you say....heh.

But the fact that somebody bought it shows just how horrible this movie can be if it gets made.