TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Truthiness

WWE SmackDown - October 10, 2008

When is this Vickie shit going to end? She's been GM for a year now (a year too long) and it's really getting to be the most boring, endless thing since Steiner vs. Test. I absolutely hate her and there is nothing good that come out of her being on TV anymore. She's been tombstoned, what, 4 times now? What the hell does the Undertaker (or whoever else) have to do to keep her away forever?

I know it's not a very popular gimmick around here, but I'm a huge mark for the switcheroo gimmick and this is no exception.

Yes, I even liked the Harris twin shtick in WCW 2001 where one had "an injured neck" while the other would wrestle.

Vickie gets so much heat and is so boring right now. Her excuse me screams just make it worse. The crowd legit hates her, the pop when she said she was confined to a wheelchair with a neckbrace was huge.

Man, MyNetwork TV sucks. Both Smackdown shows so far, the feed has cut out/gotten distorted when they go to and come back from each commercial break, along with a few times during the show. And this is standard def.

I think I may have seen that Kizarny guy on OVW a couple of times when he was called Nick Sinn or something. God, I can't believe its been about a year now that Vickie has been the GM of Smackdown. Vickie seriously needs to get off TV, because its becoming obvious that WWE doesn't want to get rid of her, yet she has nothing to provide anymore, or maybe the begin with. See the Vickie angle was good at first with Edge involved, but once I knew that angle would end, Vickie would have no point being on TV.

I might be in the minority on this subject, but I hate it when 2 wrestlers have a bunch of non-title matches,(usually with the challenger winning most of them), before they have the actual title match.(Which Is usually won by the champion.) Not only is it a tired formula, but The WWE has really run this concept into the ground in recent years. I.E.- Chavo vs Punk for The ECW Title, Chavo vs Jimmy Wang Yang for The Cruiserweight Title, Wang/Shannon Moore vs Miz/Morrison for The Tag Team Titles, and now R-Truth vs Shelton Benjamin for The U.S. Title. It's just old and needs to be retired.(At least for a good while, imo.)

I might be in the minority on this subject, but I hate it when 2 wrestlers have a bunch of non-title matches,(usually with the challenger winning most of them), before they have the actual title match.(Which Is usually won by the champion.) Not only is it a tired formula, but The WWE has really run this concept into the ground in recent years. I.E.- Chavo vs Punk for The ECW Title, Chavo vs Jimmy Wang Yang for The Cruiserweight Title, Wang/Shannon Moore vs Miz/Morrison for The Tag Team Titles, and now R-Truth vs Shelton Benjamin for The U.S. Title. It's just old and needs to be retired.(At least for a good while, imo.)

It's older than that too.

*Remembers the whole Cena/Show feud for the US Title...that lasted I think about half a year.

I know that feud was going on during "Tribute to the Troops"...and the title match wasn't until WrestleMania XX

It's older than that too.

*Remembers the whole Cena/Show feud for the US Title...that lasted I think about half a year.

I know that feud was going on during "Tribute to the Troops"...and the title match wasn't until WrestleMania XX

Good Point. I forgot all about that feud. I was just naming feuds off the top of my head that were 1-2 years ago. I'm sure there were much more then what I listed.(Just remembered Batista vs M.V.P. for The U.S. Title earlier this year on SD.)

Here's the part of the whole Brie Bella angle that I don't get or like: Why is it that the twin is able to simply pin someone immediately after getting in the match? Shouldn't Victoria or Natalya be expecting something by this point?

I think WWE's just making Victoria and Natalya look like fools at this point.

And don't talk about her(Natalya's) hips...

I guess she's Molly Holly Part Deaux at this point?

Thankfully I haven't heard JR say that in recent weeks, but I noticed it a few weeks in a row when he'd make some offhand comment "don't talk about her hips" regarding Natalya.