TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CubbyBr

Scott Hall arrested

Meltzer is reporting that Scott Hall was arrested either today or yesterday during a comedy roast of the Iron Shiek. Hall appearently got angry at one of the roaster's comments and attacked the man.

Scott Hall was arrested for going nuts on a comedian at tonight's Iron Sheik roast. The comedian made a bad taste joke regarding Owen Hart.

The roast is taking place right now in New Jersey. Jimmy Graham, a comedian who has wrestled, and made a remark to Bill Apter, "Bill Apter, you're deaded than Owen Hart."

Hall, who had drank heavily by this time in the evening, suddently charged the banquet table to go after Graham and started throwing punches at him. He grabbed the mic from him and started yelling about how he was disrespecting Owen Hart.

Security, police and former wrestler Jim Powers had to restrain him and take him out of the building.

Yeah, I know what a roast is. I just like Owen Hart a lot. Plus you can't say that eventhough it's been ten years if one of your friends died in a tragic way you wouldn't react similarly.

You can't compare Hart's death to Benoit's totally different situations. Owen didn't even have that self-destructive end that most wrestlers have.

Other than the fact that Hall was drinking, I feel he was in the right. That's just my opinion.

I just like Owen Hart a lot. Plus you can't say that eventhough it's been ten years if one of your friends died in a tragic way you wouldn't react similarly.

It's a roast though. Everyone makes horribly offensive and off colour jokes. That's what a roast is.

Other than the fact that Hall was drinking, I feel he was in the right. That's just my opinion.

No, he wasn't. If Hall was going to get offended by any messed up jokes, he shouldn't have gone to a roast.

And the joke isn't even that off-colour or shocking,

I was there. Cops came but hall wasn't arrested.

The joke was "iron sheik, your career has fallen faster than owen hart did"

Hall rushed the stage and shoved himagainst the wall. No punches.

The crowdhated the owen joke and cheered hall coming in

I was there. Cops came but hall wasn't arrested.

The joke was "iron sheik, your career has fallen faster than owen hart did"

Hall rushed the stage and shoved himagainst the wall. No punches.

The crowdhated the owen joke and cheered hall coming in

good for hall indeed then.. made it more entertaining than just a shitty owen joke itself would have been.

I'm for Hall on this as well. I don't think guys should make offensive jokes like that to make fun of somebody, even if it is a roast. I don't mind people making fun of somebody really bad, but don't make tasteless jokes about the dead to do it.

Alright. So, only jokes that you'd see on Full House then, right? Well, there go any off-color jokes, since there's really no line to be drawn. Either everything is okay to be made fun of, or nothing is. It's one of the few areas I think are black and white.

I do think it was in bad taste, and likely not the best idea to do that at, you know, A WRESTLING ROAST, but I'm not going to say he shouldn't have done it because of that. It's a roast. Roasts are all about rude, off-color jokes.

Alright. So, only jokes that you'd see on Full House then, right? Well, there go any off-color jokes, since there's really no line to be drawn. Either everything is okay to be made fun of, or nothing is. It's one of the few areas I think are black and white.

Well, I just think it shouldn't involve using dead people, especially someone respected like Owen.

Watching Jim Powers roast people was like watching Henry Fonda pick blueberries.

Some video of the incident is on youtube- a drunk Scott Hall sure was right!

Yeah, it's obvious some people are gonna be offended and some aren't. You can't tell someone they can't be offended, even if it is a roast. There are gonna be arguments about everything, and if people don't know what a roast is, they're gonna get offended and act like they're holier than thou. It's not like anyone here was truly friends with Owen Hart.

That's stupid that you aren't allowed to get offended in a roast.

"Hey man NOT COOL!"

"Woa, woa, woa, it's a roast man."

"Well, nevermind then."

People can get offended in a roast, believe it or not.

Yeah, it's a roast but at the same time the comedian has to know his audience. Personally, I'm not offended by that joke, but he has to know that the fellow wrestlers could and would be pissed off.

It'd be like telling a joke about a construction worker who fell off a beam and killed himself in front of a bunch of people who either worked or work for the same company.