TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CubbyBr

Scott Hall arrested

At the same time, nobody would attack someone if they made a joke about Heath Ledger at a roast of some actor or actress. At least one wouldn't think someone would. Wrestling fans are just some of the most sensitive people I've seen/heard and it's really annoying.

See what I mean. Christian Bale probably wouldn't have gone and attacked someone. Even if there were prominent wrestlers there, I think they know better to attack someone, and they'd probably just leave if they were offended. Scott Hall was intoxicated, so it's not like he should be praised for being some kind of moral savior.

I'm not a huge fan of roasts at all, and I know it's normal for people to get offended but they can't act like it's something so taboo. And Hall was in no way in the right for attacking the guy who made the joke.

A lot of you are missing the point. Comparisons to stuff like jokes about Chris Benoit are way off base. Benoit was clearly an insane maniac when he killed his family and then himself. Owen Hart was a widely acknowledged great guy who everyone loved, who was killed in a tragic accident that was completely not his fault. There is a difference, whether people here want to admit it or not. Yeah, it's a roast and "nothing is off limits", but common sense says you don't joke about that in front of a group of wrestlers. It would be like going to some social event at a synagogue and making Holocaust jokes.

The thing about a roast is technically, stuff about the people who are there is off limits because they are there to respond. When you bring other people that aren't there to defend themselves, it isn't necessarily frowned upon or anything, but it's not the same as making a joke about someone who is there at the roast. I personally don't give a shit about the joke, but I can see why others are getting a little up in arms.

Watching Jim Powers roast people was like watching Henry Fonda pick blueberries.

Some video of the incident is on youtube- a drunk Scott Hall sure was right!

"I think everyone in this building would *love* to watch Henry Fonda pick blueberries"

Watching Jim Powers roast people was like watching Henry Fonda pick blueberries.

"I think everyone in this building would *love* to watch Henry Fonda pick blueberries"

The only time Bob has something on his mind is when he wears a hat!

It might be in bad taste(the Owen joke). But if Bret was there..........

I'll finish your thought.

Frankly, he'd quietly walk up and beat the shit out of the guy. Unlike Hall here, because he was drunk, I would think everyone here would support Bret if he clocked him.

The only time Bob has something on his mind is when he wears a hat!

Bob, if people say you're over the hill, don't believe them. Why, you'll never be over the hill-not in the car you drive.

I had a roast this morning. Chicken, some gravy, a lovely yorkshire pud. Marvelous.

Things are so much simpler over here. Nobody ever gets drunk and starts a fight at English roasts unless it's at Christmas.

I wish someone took notes on how to roast from Lowell Mather on Wings . . .

The Iron Sheik . . . is BAD

Have you ever seen the Iron Sheik wrestle . . . he's BAD

And that camel clutch he does . . . it's BAD

And the time he said he'd fuck B Brian Blair's ass . . . that was BAD

The roast itself was pretty funny in the beginning, but then after the Hall incident all the drunk idiot fans wouldn't shut up so I ended up just leaving and missing the ending. Highlights include

"Hey Nikolai, can you see Sarah Palin's house from your house?"

"Bill Apter, you have real bad dandruff. Wipe it off before Muraco comes over and starts snorting it"

Bob Backlund gets up on the podium, doesn't say anything for over a minute. Fan starts yelling so Backlund gets in his face and starts screaming at him to shut up, using a ton of big words. Then he goes back to the podium, says thank you, and sits down.

"Tom Brandi says in his shoot interview that he was happy that he was in the Rumble for three minutes, while JBL was in the rumble for 37 minutes. Yah, great to be happy about that, one guy is a millionaire and the other goes from town to town selling photos of Del Wilkes"

I had a roast this morning. Chicken, some gravy, a lovely yorkshire pud. Marvelous.

Things are so much simpler over here. Nobody ever gets drunk and starts a fight at English roasts unless it's at Christmas.

I was waiting for someone to make a pun about comedy roasts.

Guest Smues
See what I mean. Christian Bale probably wouldn't have gone and attacked someone.

What if it was his mom or sister?

I was ready to take Hall's side until I realize I laugh at 9/11 jokes all the time, esp. Gilbert Godfrey's joke a few weeks after 9/11.

Guest Smues

My favorite 9/11 joke was actually an Owen joke.

I don't remember who posted it, but shortly after 9/11 someone started a thread titled something like:

"What do Owen Hart and the Twin Towers have in common?"

And when you opened the thread the answer was:

"They both debuted in 1988" or whatever year it was. I dunno why but I found that hilarious.

I was ready to take Hall's side until I realize I laugh at 9/11 jokes all the time, esp. Gilbert Godfrey's joke a few weeks after 9/11.

Didn't almost nobody find that joke to be funny, forcing Godfrey to revert to the tired Aristocrats joke?

My favorite 9/11 joke was actually an Owen joke.

I don't remember who posted it, but shortly after 9/11 someone started a thread titled something like:

"What do Owen Hart and the Twin Towers have in common?"

And when you opened the thread the answer was:

"They both debuted in 1988" or whatever year it was. I dunno why but I found that hilarious.

That joke also makes no sense. Owen Hart debuted in 1986.