TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy Dunlop

My Brain

My whole brain was out of tune

My whole brain was out of tune

I don't know how to tune a brain, do you?

Went into a brain shop

They said they'd have to rebuild the whole head

I said well do what you got to do

When I got my brain back

Didn't work right

Didn't have as many good ideas

Haven't really had a good idea since I got it fixed

And by meet, I mean she could just make eye contact with me for one second from across the room, and there it is. It becomes an obsession.

I kinda do this too, but it usually turns out quite well!

And by meet, I mean she could just make eye contact with me for one second from across the room, and there it is. It becomes an obsession.

I kinda do this too, but it usually turns out quite well!

Well, that's because you're extremely cool.

Guest Tzar Lysergic
You're 22 years old. Join the Army. Best thing for you, really.

I'd love to, but like I said, I'd really like to have my parents' approval.

Why does it matter? Grow a set and do it. It's not like they can say "No, you're not allowed!" after you sign up. Judging from your crybaby bullshit up there, you, more than anything, need someone or something to kick your ass and make a man out of you. Join the military. You'll come out with a good physique, some drug habits, and a job.

Guest C*Z*E*C*H

If you're not ramping up the character you play on the Internet, you probably need to be institutionalized, if only briefly. I play a character on the Internet too, but I don't think I've ever incorporated any hallucinations or delusions. I just amplify my neuroses and self-loathing, or act like a jerkass in sports talk. If you're not just fucking with us, I suggest seeing a psychologist and drastically changing your diet and exercise patterns, or failing that, like I said, straitjackets.

You're 22 years old. Join the Army. Best thing for you, really.

I'd love to, but like I said, I'd really like to have my parents' approval.

Why does it matter? Grow a set and do it. It's not like they can say "No, you're not allowed!" after you sign up. Judging from your crybaby bullshit up there, you, more than anything, need someone or something to kick your ass and make a man out of you. Join the military. You'll come out with a good physique, some drug habits, and a job.

Well, the thing is, my parents, especially my mom, are very good at making me feel guilty about decisions I've made, and I don't want this to be the kind of thing they hold over me forever. I've been trying to convince them for a few weeks now, but they are just really hesitant to hear my side of things.

If you're not ramping up the character you play on the Internet, you probably need to be institutionalized, if only briefly. I play a character on the Internet too, but I don't think I've ever incorporated any hallucinations or delusions. I just amplify my neuroses and self-loathing, or act like a jerkass in sports talk. If you're not just fucking with us, I suggest seeing a psychologist and drastically changing your diet and exercise patterns, or failing that, like I said, straitjackets.

I don't know if I really play a character, per se, but I am definitely a lot more honest than I would be with people in the real world. I saw a psychologist for a few years in junior high and high school, and I was taking Zoloft every day, but I didn't feel that it really helped me much, and I'm no longer covered by my parents' health insurance because I'm not going to school full time, so it would be tough to go back to seeing someone now, but I do agree with you, and I appreciate you offering suggestions and not just trying to be a smartass. Thanks, Czech.

In all honesty, you sound totally depressed and probably should see someone. I'm sure there's people who've read the post and felt the same way. Its hard to get out of the 'rut', but you've got to try.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

All wrong. You need structure and a socially acceptable violent outlet.

If you let your parents make your decisions for you as a 22 year old, when will that ever change? When you're 30? 35? 40? It's now or never. You use self-punishment as a form of rebellion. Why not channel that energy into a positive outlet like doing pushups and running until you puke while some musclebound hispanic screams in your face?

What kind of physical condition are you in?

Guest C*Z*E*C*H

As I recall, DoCock is a former wrestler, like me. Presuming that he has let himself go, that should mean that he does have the potential to undo a great deal of that if he cuts smoking, drinking, and empty calories. I run six or seven miles a day. Start with that. Not only will you drop some pounds, I think exercise mitigates depression, something to do with brain chemicals or something. Gene explained it well once.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Violent exercise does the same thing as prozac, only sweaty, and without the sexual side effects and psychotic episodes. Best thing you ever did was to stop taking that Zoloft shit. Psychiatric medication is the most harmful and monstrously conceived course of treatment since the lobotomy.

I am pretty out of shape, but not as bad as I was at this time a year ago. I actually dropped about fifty pounds just through eating a lot less than I had been, inspired by that thread by whatever poster it was that wanted to see if he could go a week without eating. I've since gained back like fifteen pounds, and I'm still pretty fat. Czech's right about me being a former wrestler (and I think at that time I actually was using an internet character as well, unless anybody took my "Is My Image Marketable?" thread seriously). There is a health club nearby that I could get a discount membership at, as my mom is a nurse for the hospital it's affiliated with, but I don't know if I could really trust myself to make a commitment, and I don't want to waste money if I'm not really going to work hard at it.

I am pretty out of shape, but not as bad as I was at this time a year ago. I actually dropped about fifty pounds just through eating a lot less than I had been, inspired by that thread by whatever poster it was that wanted to see if he could go a week without eating. I've since gained back like fifteen pounds, and I'm still pretty fat. Czech's right about me being a former wrestler (and I think at that time I actually was using an internet character as well, unless anybody took my "Is My Image Marketable?" thread seriously). There is a health club nearby that I could get a discount membership at, as my mom is a nurse for the hospital it's affiliated with, but I don't know if I could really trust myself to make a commitment, and I don't want to waste money if I'm not really going to work hard at it.

That's the only thing that keeps me going to the gym to be honest. The fact they'll take £30 a month from me if I go once, 100 times or not at all - the bastards. I guess I had some sort of depression a few years ago. Not the crazy shit where you cut yourself up, just general lack of energy, lethargy and being anti-social without realizing it - similar to yourself I guess.

Come to think of it, when I started to go to the gym things improved. Might be worth looking into, especially if you are/were already fit. Your muscle memory might kick in.

I don't think I could ever join a gym, personally. The thought of being under scrutiny when I exercise... I'd rather just take a jog through one of the local forests.

Agent, if he is the way he says he is, the military wouldn't take him.

I don't think I could ever join a gym, personally. The thought of being under scrutiny when I exercise... I'd rather just take a jog through one of the local forests.

The deer think you run like a girl.

Also, DopUssy, I think you may be bipolar. I think I may be, too, but not nearly to the same extent. Look into that. There's no shame in it. You can be helped.

Guest C*Z*E*C*H

I'm not certain if you can accurately self-diagnose manic depression. The functional impairment that goes along with that is pretty severe, relative to other disorders. Besides, Matt, aren't you a heavy drinker? That surely muddies the waters when it comes to trying to diagnose yourself. DoCock sounds like he suffers from a clear case of depression, but I'm not sure I'm picking up any sort of long-term manic phase from his anecdote, just a few weird little delusional episodes. I'll put my amateur psych hat back on the rack now.

I used to be really smart, but after years of not using my brain at all, working retail, I think I'm going retarded.

"Oh God, I wish I had my pretty mind back!"