TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hawkius Maximus

Fallout 3

You know what sucks about this game? It takes a commitment. All my playing was done in 2 days' time. I haven't played since Christmas Eve, acquiring Dogmeat about 8 hours in, since i can't just play for 30-60 minutes. I feel the need to devote at least a couple hours to exploring, but I always get sidetracked by non-gaming stuff, or I end up playing NHL 09 or something else online with friends for hours.

You know what sucks about this game? It takes a commitment. All my playing was done in 2 days' time. I haven't played since Christmas Eve, acquiring Dogmeat about 8 hours in, since i can't just play for 30-60 minutes. I feel the need to devote at least a couple hours to exploring, but I always get sidetracked by non-gaming stuff, or I end up playing NHL 09 or something else online with friends for hours.

I'm in the same boat with GTA IV. I at least an hour to be able to play it. If I have only 30 minutes or so to kill, NHL 09 gets popped into the PS3.

I'm in the same boat with GTA IV. I at least an hour to be able to play it. If I have only 30 minutes or so to kill, NHL 09 gets popped into the PS3.

The problem I have with GTA IV is that it takes forever to get anywhere and so going from mission to mission becomes tedious.

Not to mention having to hear about BEEEG AMERICAN TEEEEETEEEEES every 5 minutes.

That fucking phone killed GTA IV for me.

I haven't played much FO3 yet, still in the first town. I'm trying to be a charismatic fucker, who just gets people to give items/information to him.

In other words, videogame-me is also a giant slacker.

Im in love with fallout 3, ive been playing it constantly since i got it. Ive done plenty of the sidemissions and am now starting to want to tackle the main quest. Although i did spend around 4 hours earlier just exploring and opening up alot of the map for some easy EXP.

And Dogmeat is awsome.

I'm ordering a guide. It'll take 9 days to get here, so I won't/can't play till then, but once it gets here, I'll immerse myself. I know I won't have time to replay the game, so I don't want to miss anything. I just hope I finish before school starts on February 17th.

I'd play it without the guide and just wander. The discovery is really a huge part of the game, and I think it'll lose something if you always know where you're going. If you really want to do everything, take the Explorer perk when you hit level 20, and you'll have every location on your map. You can also just look at one of those maps online in lieu of that, which gives you a sense of where everything is without telling you what everything is.

Got my guy to level 14. Being able to headshot super mutants and kill them with one bullet is pretty satisfying, after how tough they are earlier in the game.

So I "splurged" and dropped $20 on the paperback guide. I am only 8 hours into the game, but I doubt I'll have time for a second playthrough due to now owning 65 games for my 360 with more on the way. The plan was to play tonight, but I feel compelled to read the parts about the stuff I already did, so tomorrow will be Fallout time.

http://www.411mania.com/games/news/94151/F...xpand-to-30.htm

With Bethesda about to release Operation Anchorage for Fallout 3, the lead producer decided to announce a few details about Broken Steel, the third pack that is planned to come out with March. Besides giving players an extended storyline, the level cap will also be extended to 30.

Currently, the cap is set at 20, and, as players who have completed the game know, you cannot continue the game after beating it. With this content, players will be able to go back to exploring the landscape and leveling. No word yet if this expanded leveling will add new perks or not.

Until this pack is available in March, two other packs will be coming up soon. Operation Anchorage is set to come out this month, with The Pitt following in February.

That's interesting, but I kind of wonder about the point. By the time you hit level 16 or so, you pretty much have to try to get yourself killed regardless of the way you built your character. It'll be nice to have something to make wandering around the wasteland a bit more appealing after level 20, but you certainly don't need any more leveling to succeed in this game.

I didn't realize they released the tool-kit for the PC version like a month ago. There's so many mods now, I can't even begin to decide which ones I want to try first.

I restarted my game as I felt like I'd missed out a lot by blowing up Megaton straight away. I'd gotten up to about level 6 in that game, but was finding it really hard to progress. It's much better now I'm taking my time with everything I think.

If you nuke Megaton, you're not really missing much besides a convient base of operations.

Go back to Megaton's ruins, and Moira will be there. She'll run off to Underworld. You can continue all the Survival Guide missions there. Course, you have to GET to Underworld first to do them.

Tenpenny Tower is a fiiine place to shop if Megaton's gone. Great weapon merchant, items up the yang, stimpacks everywhere, always lots of money to barter with. That was my one-stop place for my evil character.

It's the Survival Guide missions that I've been pushing through with that have meant I've always had something to do. Whilst doing those quests I've found a lot more locations than I did when I was bad, meaning I've had lots of other things to do.

To get to GNR, do I have to go through the Metro tunnel? As the map doesn't appear to want to let me go above ground.

I went through the tunnels. According to the guide (though I had already finished that mission before buying it), it's approximately 8,164,289 times easier to do it that way than above ground.

There was a ridiculous number of Super Mutants blocking my way to GNR. It took a long time to pick them all off, but I eventually just about did it. There was a Behemoth who I just had to run from though. Considering it's the Brotherhood's mission there to keep the ruins free of Super Mutants, they're doing a terrible job.

Anyone else encounter the penned up Behemoth inside that huge raider camp at that railway station (sorry, forget the name of the location off hand)? Is there any way to free it? I couldn't figure any way out, and ended up just slowly killing him with rifle shots while perched on a rail car.

Enountered death claws finally the other day, and boy, they are a pain in the rear. My guy is a sneak attack critical machine, and I've found that if I can catch them off guard and get a surprise hit, I can usually kill them with 3-4 shots of a rifle or scoped magnum. Still freaky when they charge at you, though.

I believe that's Evergreen Mills. There's a generator next to the cage door that you can blast. One missile from any distance should do it, and if you do that the behemoth will probably kill all the raiders for you (and be quite softened up for when you tangle with him).

Ah, yes, Evergreen Mills. I ran into that lady in cahoots with the Android Escapee. She gave me a lecture and then ran away but accidentally blew herself up in the minefield. It was pretty awesome. Does that always happen?

I had a weird thing happen where the dude that was trying to get with the Nuka Cola lady was immediately attacked and killed by a Yoa Guai after he offered to pay double for the Quantum bottles I was going to retrieve for her. Kind of amusing, as I just took his Kneecapper gun and stuff.

Also, does the game occasionally freeze up on PS3 for anyone else? I've had that happen four or five times now, and it's kind of aggravating.

I had a weird thing happen where the dude that was trying to get with the Nuka Cola lady was immediately attacked and killed by a Yoa Guai after he offered to pay double for the Quantum bottles I was going to retrieve for her. Kind of amusing, as I just took his Kneecapper gun and stuff.

Also, does the game occasionally freeze up on PS3 for anyone else? I've had that happen four or five times now, and it's kind of aggravating.

I have never had it freeze up yet in 20 hours plus of gameplay.