TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RedJed

Bound for Glory Discussion

TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Samoa Joe vs. Sting

-If Sting has his gameface on like he had the past two Bound for Glory shows, I would expect this match to really deliver strong. It will be interesting to see how the two's styles mesh, but given that Angle/Sting was really good last year, it will probably be a similar style of match such as that was. I expect Joe to go over, and then the two do the handshake thing after the match to kind of go full circle with the storyline. Nash may play a role in this match as well in attacking Joe after the match, with Sting providing the save (since that has always been Sting's issue pretty much, that guys were unfairly attacking others after the match has already ended). I have thought that even though the "shades of grey" issue has been super heavy with these two, that the storyline has been good and it has built well. Particularly, I thought the backstage segment they did on last week's Impact, as well as the contract signing angle, pretty much put a solid final hype to the match.

GRUDGE MATCH

Jeff Jarrett vs. Kurt Angle

Special Enforcer: Mick Foley

-I'm looking forward to this match even more than Sting/Joe, just to see how Jarrett can work (especially against a workhorse like Angle) for not having a single match for a good 16 months or more. One would think Foley's role in this will be to build to a program with Angle after this, so I would expect some controversy in the finish. Jarrett more than likely will go over.

THREE-WAY MATCH

Booker T vs. "The Instant Classic" Christian Cage vs. "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles

-It took them up until the last minute to actually put some heat on this match, with the Christian pseudo-turn on Styles on the last Impact. The pairing off of a heel, face, and tweener is good though, and I would expect a pretty solid match from these guys. More than likely we find out what is in Booker's briefcase in this match when he uses it on Styles or Christian to get the win. Your guess is as good as mine as far as what is in that briefcase, but curious if it might have something to do with Lashley? That's a total random guess.

MONSTER'S BALL TNA WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH:

Champions Beer Money Inc. vs. Team 3D vs. The Latin American Xchange vs. Abyss & Matt Morgan

Special Referee: Steve "Mongo" McMichael

-The match itself probably won't be very good, but weapons and blood should be prevelant. Beer Money should probably retain going by how things have been booked. Mongo interacting with Team 3D and Abyss might bring some unintentionally absurd moments.

TNA X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Champion Sheik Abdul Bashir vs. Consequences Creed

-I could see a title switch here, since they have been building Creed up for months now to lead to this.

TNA KNOCKOUTS CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Champion Taylor Wilde vs. Awesome Kong vs. Roxxi

-Another title change is likely here, but can't decide if it will be Kong or Roxxi. Given they have been trying to push and promote Roxxi alot on Impact, I'm thinking she gets the belt here, and it leads to a feud with Kong.

THE RETURN OF THE STEEL ASYLUM (AKA THUNDERDOME) MATCH

The X Division superstars battle inside the steel dome to try to escape

-I've said this weeks ago, but I can see this match simply designed for Suicide to show up and win it.

KNOCKOUT BIMBO BRAWL

Special Referee: Traci Brooks

Rhino, Rhaka Khan & ODB vs. Beautiful People & Cute Kip

-This will be your token shitstorm and clusterfuck of a match, would expect this one to open the show. Poor Rhino deserves better than this, and ODB and Rhaka Khan as a team is about as random as you get. They will probably try for alot of comedy here, and I would expect alot of it to be really flat.

-------Thoughts on the show tonight? They are saying TNA is probably going to break their attendance record tonight, which was previously at this year's Lockdown.

I'm looking forward to Jarrett/Angle alot. They should have a really good story to tell in the match with Jarrett playing the babyface who hasn't worked a match in a long time and can't keep up with the machine that is serious Angle. I see Jarrett winning with an out of nowhere rollup and Foley and Angle getting into it afterwards.

Sting/Joe...I don't know who I want to win. If they were going to give Sting a real title reign...I could be for that. With the no rematch clause...and no other challengers hanging around...what exactly is left for Joe if he wins? He's had programs with Christian, Angle, Booker and now Sting...and Jarrett and Styles are on the same side he's on. Sting could work a real program with Christian (finally) and maybe it'll finally be Styles turn again.

I hope Creed wins. I like Creed.

I want Beer Money to retain. I like Beer Money.

I want Kong to win. I like Kong.

In the 3 way...hmm... my head says Booker wins as they continue to tease more Christian/AJ stuff for the millionth time. I would like to see AJ just win clean. But I could live with Chrisitan who has the most interesting role of the 3 going forward.

I should add...this show reminds me a lot of Lockdown with the top 2 matches being the main emphasis of everything leading into the show (like the Lethal Lockdown/Joe vs. Angle was there). I actually prefer when TNA books this way. Lockdown was a nice show that didn't ask the midcard to do anything extraordinary and it was one of the few TNA shows that I didn't feel burnt out by the time I got to the big matches.

I'd like to see them employ the same formula here. This show is about Joe/Sting and Jarrett/Angle. Chrisitan/Booker/AJ can have a nice little match. Monster's Ball can be a fun hardcore distraction. Terrordome can be the fun highspot adventure. Bashir/Creed can be a nice undercard match. Kong/Taylor/Roxxi should be a nice little women's match too.

I love the Beautiful People...but their 6 person match is just...well...it doesn't fit.

In the end this show lives and dies by those two main events. The undercard should be good, but not blowaway...and then they hopefully just go out and have 2 actual matches for the Jarrett/Angle, Joe/Sting matches. Last year's Sting/Angle match makes me very hopeful that Sting/Joe will deliver pretty well. It should be interesting from crowd reaction at least.

As for who's next for Joe after this pay per view, I think the Nash contract deal is all kayfabing shit and he's still penciled in for a feud with Joe upcoming here. Time will tell, though.

Sting may break away again here from the company for a bit, or else a feud with Christian, or for that matter, Styles, could happen. I can't see them continuing him as a pseudo-heel though, as they have to see it's just not completely going to work long term. I could see him go back and forth in typical shades of grey though, but eventually one would think they have to be thinking of Sting-Foley too, but by the time that comes around, Foley could be heel.

As for Jarrett, I will be really curious to see where they go with him after this. If Angle/Foley is a go, that leaves him up in the air in terms of a role. Maybe a feud with Booker perhaps?

Regarding Lashley, as I said before, I was totally just throwing it out there and in no means does it make sense. To break down the briefcase storyline a little more, I am thinking he has either a picture of someone in there, or else a contract for someone?

As for who's next for Joe after this pay per view, I think the Nash contract deal is all kayfabing shit and he's still penciled in for a feud with Joe upcoming here. Time will tell, though.

Nash is backstage at this show.

There's been some awkward bumps so far.. Devine's move seemed to land on their head and then Curry Man has just thrown someone head first into the turnbuckle upside down.

Machismo wins.

This match might have a tragedy one day.

Definately a really fun highspots all over match. That reverse rana by Lethal, then followed by a good sequence of moves right after that, was one of the big spots. Devine totally killed Rave on that jumping piledriver. Much better than the first attempt at this new match in May.

The crowd is really good so far, and it looks like they definately have the most sizable crowd in history.

Foley interacting with the hot blondes, yeah this gives the vibe of him being the GM down the road here.

http://www.justin.tv/obama_barack

It's pretty good.

Thanks, but that doesn't even load for me in IE or Firefox. But I found a decent one.

Where is the feed your watching Matt? I had trouble with the justin.tv one as well.

And I'm still trying to figure out why Jim Cornette's office looked like some 80 year old female asian decorated it.

They're doing the Bimbo Brawl next, which I don't get how Rhino is considered a "bimbo." Kip James makes sense, but WTF. Ahh well.

It's pretty good.

Thanks, but that doesn't even load for me in IE or Firefox. But I found a decent one.

Where is the feed your watching Matt? I had trouble with the justin.tv one as well.

This one is good:

http://www.justin.tv/live_wweshow

No more chaps on Velvet? :(

Words can't express how I can't wait to see Sky and Love bending over on the ropes in HD....I swear I'm seeing close to lip action there....damn!!!

If this was a show for TNA to do a really cool entrance set, this would have been it, using the same props they had when they filmed those downtown street vignettes for the commercials. Would have been cool to have them used in the weapons matches on this show by brawling out by the set. Instead they didn't do anything different, production-wise.

Words can't express how I can't wait to see Sky and Love bending over on the ropes in HD....I swear I'm seeing close to lip action there....damn!!!

If this was a show for TNA to do a really cool entrance set, this would have been it, using the same props they had when they filmed those downtown street vignettes for the commercials. Would have been cool to have them used in the weapons matches on this show by brawling out by the set. Instead they didn't do anything different, production-wise.

I agree. The fact that they do little to differentiate the big shows from everything else makes them look very second-rate.

It's pretty good.

This one is good:

http://www.justin.tv/live_wweshow

No more chaps on Velvet? :(

I'm using that one. Best one yet, but it cuts out every 4-5 minutes for long periods of time. Like right now.

I agree. The fact that they do little to differentiate the big shows from everything else makes them look very second-rate.

I think I said it before, but this show would have been prime to have debuted the HD feed, as well as a ton of other production upgrades, such as a cool set, etc. WWE always delivers by having an above exceptional production upgrade for Mania each year, so it would have just made sense in order to keep up with a plausible and realistic competition with the WWE of sorts.

Anyway that match was at least kept short, but nothing about it was good at all really except Love and Sky bending over the ropes.

Rhino is from Chicago?

I think they said Detroit (since they kept referencing that Tigers player in the stands)

Never thought of it, but Creed debuted with TNA last year on this show. Definately see him going over here, although a Lethal/Creed feud seems to be a little odd, but could be real good.

Rhino is from Chicago?

I think they said Detroit (since they kept referencing that Tigers player in the stands)

Ah ok. I didn't hear the Detroit Tigers referance. I thought maybe he was a cubs or White Sox player.

So this will be either instant heat for Sheik or it will be instant title face win for Creed. This should be a fun match overall.