TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RedJed

Bound for Glory Discussion

Wow... a PPV full of good matches with all the wrong finishes. Way to go, TNA. I've supported them through all sorts of crap, but this is too much for me. Worst booked show this century.

The big two matches just had awful finishes. I mean, really- is it really that big of a deal for anybody in this company to lose cleanly? And I'm saying this as somebody who didn't want Sting to go over Joe in the first place.

They really could have made Joe into a big big deal (on the TNA scale) with that match but of course they had to fuck it up. I was hoping against hope Joe would kick out, finish Sting off viciously, and give Nash the deathstare as they faded to black.

Very bizarre that Sting has won the title a BFG 3 years in a row.

I just can't dislike Sting, though. I was never a big fan of him, but he just has something. Hopefully he can have a longer reign this time.

Very bizarre that Sting has won the title a BFG 3 years in a row.

This is the event that TNA loves to shove Sting down our throats by putting him in a World title match every year and win the belt.

What's the point of that finish? This should have been that passing of the torch moment where Samoa Joe destroys Sting and Nash. I'm almost ready to boycott TNA with Sting as champ again.

I honestly didn't mind the main event finish. It seems like they're trying to draw lines for the young guys vs. veterans feud. Joe can now go through Nash and then beat Sting two months down the line regaining the belt.

I hated the main event finish...especially since they had a heck of a nice match until things slowed down and got weird. I don't even care that Nash hit him with the bat...it's that everything went in slow motion for the two minutes before that.

On the other hand...I had no problem with the Angle/JJ finish...because Angle DESERVED to get screwed over after those 2 wicked chair shots.

This is 2 BFG in a row that they couldn't just have a good finish to the show after Sting had suprisingly good matches with bad endings.

I honestly didn't mind the main event finish. It seems like they're trying to draw lines for the young guys vs. veterans feud. Joe can now go through Nash and then beat Sting two months down the line regaining the belt.

I have zero interest in that company giving me a New Blood/Millionaire's Club rehash. The company itself is young, so all that it is doing is reminding me that they have acquired a lot of talent that tired of their interest in working full-time for WWE... or aren't wanted to come back, for that matter.

Why is it that because they due the concept "new vs. old" it has to be a rahash of the New Blood/Millionaire's Club feud? That particular storyline wasn't well organized so why can't they try to do it again and get it right? WCW did the New Blood stuff 8 years ago...most people don't even remember or know anything about it.

Storylines and angles are redone all the time in wrestling...it's how they execute it that matters. If they build Joe (or an AJ Styles for example) up and have him plow over Nash and Sting en route back to the title then it will be good.

What's with both guys no-selling their own personal finishers?

The idea is that Sting can't apply Joe's finisher properly and effectively, and vice versa. That, and "Fuck you!" adrenaline. I liked it.

My brother always theroized that a wrestler would know how to take their own finisher better.

What's with both guys no-selling their own personal finishers?

The idea is that Sting can't apply Joe's finisher properly and effectively, and vice versa. That, and "Fuck you!" adrenaline. I liked it.

My brother always theroized that a wrestler would know how to take their own finisher better.

But no-selling it...?

Seeing that people are talking about not watching TNA anymore because Joe lost the title to Sting is funny. The finish of both Jarrett/Angle and Stine/Joe were fine and people are just over reacting.

Jarrett vs Angle: Honestly no one saw this coming? Whenever a wrestling match has a special enforcer, something like what we saw tonight is bound to happen. It's just booking 101 and it's not like Jarrett went out and got a weapon first, or that Foley attacking Angle wasn't justified. It was Angle who took advantage of the Referee being laid out and it was Angle who gave Foley a baseball swing of a chair shot., then hit Jarrett with a chair. The finish of the match was completely justified. Plus it keeps what has been a good feud so far, going.

Joe vs Sting: TNA's been waiting to pull the trigger on Nash turning on Joe for a long time now, but tonight was the perfect night to do it. The set up was completely there. Joe, instead of taking the chance to keep his championship and beat Sting, instead dis-respects Sting and doesn't take the chance to end the match and keep his title. Which pisses off Nash because it's not what Nash has taught him in the mentor role Nash has been doing for the past few months, so Nash turns.

It was very obvious that both of these finishes were going to happen tonight. I don't see why people are getting so worked up about.

I agree that the booking of this show was almost entirely moronic aside from JJ/Angle, which was done about the way I expected in terms of Foley getting pissed at Angle and costing him. It's almost as if Jarrett put all of his time into that match and didn't think about the rest of the card. Wasn't even a Russo type show either, with swerves and goofy heel turns. Just dumb finishes that accomplished very little.

They pretty much killed off Creed tonight with that match. Let's see...he brings out a wounded Iraq war veteran, they play up his American hero gimmick, and he jobs to friggin Daivari?? I don't care if he had simply jobbed the title right back on Impact but he needed to win tonight. Just a terrible finish. So now we get Machismo/Bashir? Joy, we get Dutt running in to cost Lethal the match.

Also why the hell did Taylor Wilde retain tonight? Who is she blowing backstage to deserve this kind of unwarranted run with the women's belt? I flat out assumed that she had to be losing the belt tonight given her entire lack of heat or crowd reaction. Enough of this crap, TNA. Just put her against Kong on Impact, let Kong squash the shit out of her, and end this joke.

Monster's Ball was actually booked right with Beer Money retaining. Mongo tried his best to kill the match with his truly hideous officiating. Why prevent the tacks from being used by Beer Money early in the match, yet then allow LAX to use them later? The actual work was great stuff with sick spots that I haven't seen in a while so they seemed fresh again (cheese grater, stapler, burning table).

You know why all of this booking was so bad in the end? Since there was no title change earlier in the show, it was 100% obvious that Sting was winning the main event. This is TNA's "biggest show of the year" yet for the first 2 1/2 hours there was no title change. The problem is that some of the champs haven't had the belts very long (Daivari, Beer Money) and thus it wasn't quite the time to job them. That said, I didn't really mind the main event finish. It's about time they paid off this Nash storyline with something, and Nash vs. Joe certainly doesn't need to be for a belt.

Just don't put Jarrett in there with Sting at the next PPV, please. Let Styles win the belt again since he deserves it. Oh and Jarrett can get over as a face but he needs to repackage himself a bit. Get rid of the annoying music and get rid of the guitar shots. I can't imagine WWE bringing a guy back after 2 years with the same bad music and same tired gimmick...at least not a main event type guy.

I don't see anybody getting worked up. It's more like people feel that, for the company's biggest show of the year, the outcomes of the matches were stupid and we will effortlessly walk away from TNA for a little while, again. Just another case of the company sabotaging themselves when the iron is hot and spreading indifference toward their own product.

The Monsters Ball was better than I expected...it did however have the huge flaw of going on for another like...7 minutes after the flaming table spot.

I was watching it with my friend and I kept joking as the match continued..."you know...they lit a man on fire 5 minutes ago. A man was on FIRE a few minutes ago..."

Leave at the peak.

Sting was the best booked babyface on Impact for weeks so him winning the title is a good thing, I suppose. Realistically it's not like a damned thing that happens in this company means a thing anyway.

Can someone better explain the Joe dropkick spot? Meltzer's recap stated he went from "the luxury boxes to the steps", so of course I visualize that as Joe leaping about 100 feet above ground on some huge arch that made it all the way to the ring steps. That sounds like quite the jump for him to pull off and live.

It wasn't a height thing. He jumped a guardrail and dropkicked Sting, who was a few steps down on the concrete steps. What made it ridiculous was that Joe took a flying back bump on concrete steps. I don't get why anyone would ever do that.

He also landed with a railing in between his legs. Shit had to bruise a testicle.

And I could never stop watching TNA or WWE. This was the worst booked show I've seen this century, as it pertains to the finishes, but the matches were mostly good and I love wrestling too much not to keep watching.

I thought Angle/Jarrett was solid stuff, and they went with the finish that I completely figured they would, almost move to move after those Angle chairshots.

As for Joe/Sting, strong match (especially those first ten minutes in the crowd) but what a shit finish, even with me understanding the story they are telling here. Joe was starting to give a strong heel vibe off though, which then goes to Nash turning on Joe to cost him the match. But wait, Sting still comes off more heel than the rest. I think the match shouldn't have ended there, as Joe kicking out of the death drop and then still taking Sting to tap out would have made much more sense than continuing to run with the heel Sting stuff, and now making Joe seem to be even more heel than before since he jobbed out pretty effortlessly after being too cocky to just have beaten him earlier.

I groaned when I read the final match result on F4O this morning. Joe had a terrible run with the belt and the one thing that could have helped that run was pinning Sting cleanly in the middle of the ring. But instead we get Sting winning the belt 3 years in a row at BFG.

He'll probably drop the belt on Impact.

Lineup of matches for Tuesdays tapings:

Mick Foley will get his chance to say goodbye to all the wonderful TNA fans who have supported him for so many years in the promotion. Yes, they want him to announce his retirement. I always thought it was WWE that buried the credibility of people who were stars in other promotions.

Booker T vs. Hernandez

Raisha Saeed vs. Roxxi

Sheik Abdul Bashir & Sonjay Dutt vs. Chris Sabin & Alex Shelley

Also why the hell did Taylor Wilde retain tonight? Who is she blowing backstage to deserve this kind of unwarranted run with the women's belt? I flat out assumed that she had to be losing the belt tonight given her entire lack of heat or crowd reaction. Enough of this crap, TNA. Just put her against Kong on Impact, let Kong squash the shit out of her, and end this joke.

Just don't put Jarrett in there with Sting at the next PPV, please. Let Styles win the belt again since he deserves it. Oh and Jarrett can get over as a face but he needs to repackage himself a bit. Get rid of the annoying music and get rid of the guitar shots. I can't imagine WWE bringing a guy back after 2 years with the same bad music and same tired gimmick...at least not a main event type guy.

Taylor Wilde is quite hot, but I've always wondered how the hell she could beat Kong. Kong is just a monster. Also how could Roxxi beat Kong if Kong squashed in 3 seconds on Impact. In terms of JJ, Jeff Hardy came back with the same music and gimmick after his time in indies/TNA a few years ago. His current music sucks though. Much too quiet.

Lineup of matches for Tuesdays tapings:

Mick Foley will get his chance to say goodbye to all the wonderful TNA fans who have supported him for so many years in the promotion. Yes, they want him to announce his retirement. I always thought it was WWE that buried the credibility of people who were stars in other promotions.

Mick Foley has been in TNA for one week. That's it. One week. not even a month and he's retiring this quick? What about all those years in WWE, couldn't he just have retired there?

I think it's more

TNA and Mick mocking the fact that Foley seemed to retire after every match or appearance in the WWE near the end only to return like two weeks later like he didn't retire again

Also why the hell did Taylor Wilde retain tonight? Who is she blowing backstage to deserve this kind of unwarranted run with the women's belt?

She must be fucking Jeff Jarrett! That's the only way a woman who you don't happen to like could possibly be successful, just ask Michelle McCool.

What is people's problem with Taylor Wilde exactly?

Didn't TNA do the exact same thing they're doing with Foley, with Sting at the beginning of 2006? They were able to resign him, but had him do one match at the January ppv teaming with Styles in a win against Monty Brown and Jeff Jarrett. Then the next night at the Impact tapings, he came out, gave some BS speech about he had to see if he still had it in him, and he does, so now is the time to walk away.

I've seen Wilde wrestle once, and she wasn't too terribly bad. Personally, I don't see the Awesome Kong love. Shes a gigantic woman that has some convincing offense, but not a lot else, IMO.