TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

UFC 90: Silva vs Cote

This event sucked.

Yeah, I mean who wants to see a PPV with a FOTYC, a great WW battle and an awesome upset KO?

The shitty title fight was so bad that it brought the entire event down.

Oh yeah, I should have known you would have been enthralled by two midget wrestlers trying to box each other for three rounds. The fight of the night should have been Koscheck vs. Alves.

This event sucked.

Yeah, I mean who wants to see a PPV with a FOTYC, a great WW battle and an awesome upset KO?

Oh yeah, I should have known you would have been enthralled by two midget wrestlers trying to box each other for three rounds. The fight of the night should have been Koscheck vs. Alves.

I'm really trying to resist throwing out phrases like "utter moron" and "fucking retarded" but it's proving a challenge. If while watching Sherk vs Griffin all you saw was "two midget wrestling trying to box" then there really is no hope for you.

Alves vs. Koscheck was suitably dope, with Alves chopping away and Koscheck landing some pretty sweet bodyshot combos. Horwich vs. Miller was great if only for Rogan completely jizzing rubber guard theory and terminology. The reaction to Jr. KOing Werdum was hilarious.

This event sucked.

I'm really trying to resist throwing out phrases like "utter moron" and "fucking retarded" but it's proving a challenge. If while watching Sherk vs Griffin all you saw was "two midget wrestling trying to box" then there really is no hope for you.

Goldberg right after Sherk or Griffin landed a simple three punch combo in the first round:

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!?"

You and Goldberg seem to share the same low standards. The fight didn't suck but it really was just two midget wrestlers trying to box each other.

Let me guess, you're a Clay Guida fan too. Your jaw probably drops to the floor when he unleashes his "ferocious" ground and pound which consists of rapid slaps and taps to his opponents.

There's "trying to box", and then there's "Hitting each other in the face".

Sherk & Griffin punched each other alot. That is not "trying", that is actually punching each other in the face alot.

Guida's GNP is weaksauce, having said that if you're not a Clay Guida fan you should just slit your wrists and be done with life.

Why should I be a fan of someone who's essentially a lay and prayer? Don't give me that shit about him being active. Huge amounts of activity with no significant amount of damage doesn't mean shit in the end. People always talk shit about Maynard being boring so I guess he should just rapidly slap and tap his opponent's gloves and maybe he'll get more fans.

Clearly in AmericanDragon's fantasy land a fight isn't a good fight unless somebody is beaten half to death while losing tons of blood. Activity and skill be damned, it's all about damage.

Christ, you know when me and Carlito are 100% on the same page about something that you're veering off the road :)

Clearly in AmericanDragon's fantasy land a fight isn't a good fight unless somebody is beaten half to death while losing tons of blood.

Bloody fights are the worst kind of fight because the blood interferes with the bleeding fighter's ability. They have to constantly think about defending the cut.

Activity and skill be damned

I see tons of activity and little skill besides wrestling in Guida's fights.

it's all about damage.

Cung Le has damaged and finished most of his opponents. That doesn't prevent me from saying that he's a fucking joke.

Alve's ground and pound on Hughes (probably 2-3 punches total) did more damage than Guida's entire ground and pound history. I'm not fooled by some spaz throwing wild slaps. You might call that "ground and pound" but I definitely don't.

Koscheck vs. Alves deserved fight of the night because it was exciting. Griffin vs. Sherk was certainly entertaining but it definitely wasn't exciting since you knew after the first round that neither fighter could finish each other and that Sherk would win.

You thinking Sherk was going to win somehow = everybody else thinking the same?

Que?

I don't get this at all. Sherk has a pretty damn good chin. Were you dumb enough to think Griffin could KO Sherk? Sherk was clearly outpointing Griffin in the standup and the result was completely predictable.

It's pitiful on so many levels that because a finish or lack thereof is a foregone conclusion in your mind you can't enjoy the rest of a fight. Which actually explains a lot.

Griffin vs. Sherk: two wrestlers boxing each other - boring

Lytle vs. Taylor: two strikers boxing each other - exciting

Nogueira vs. Werdum: two grapplers boxing each other - exciting

The third one is different from the first one because Nogueira's striking was significantly better than Werdum's. Why the fuck should I enjoy the Griffin/Sherk fight? Their wrestling abilities nullified each other and their striking abilities almost nullified each other. Just because they're lightweights doesn't mean they should automatically get fight of the night.

I didn't expect a finish in the Lytle/Taylor fight either. I was glad that it went to a full fifteen minutes because they were actually utilizing their strengths.